Page 427 of 474 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,675 of 11850
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Invoking the 25th is still a possibility. Steve Mnuchin is talking!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at rudy and trump calling the wrong senator for help

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Invoking the 25th is still a possibility. Steve Mnuchin is talking!
    So what? They're not going to do .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at rudy and trump calling the wrong senator for help
    ?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    impeach d'mudahfocka

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what? They're not going to do .
    I read that Penice does not support 25th removal, and VEEP is required support

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    impeach d'mudahfocka
    he's getting off light. Usually inciting a coup and failing gets you the firing squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trill beat me to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's getting off light. Usually inciting a coup and failing gets you the firing squad.
    don't get me wrong I want him erased just as much as the next guy...I just want him and his family and followers humiliated one last time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The case for impeachment is that it is a vehicle for Schumer to use for uncovering evidence, including that of accomplices, and holding a trial. Retribution. Smear the traitors. Censure Cruz and Hawley.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell circulates procedures for second Senate impeachment trial of Trump

The do ent, which was first reported by The Washington Post, lays out how the Senate would proceed if the House approves articles of impeachment and transmits them to the upper chamber before or by Jan. 19, when senators are scheduled to resume regular business after the January recess.

McConnell says the most likely scenario if the House impeaches Trump in his final 12 days in office is for the Senate to receive a message from the lower chamber notifying it of the action on on Jan. 19. That would then give the Senate the option of ordering the House managers to present those articles on the same day.

Senate Impeachment Rules require that at 1 p.m. on the day after the managers exhibit the articles, the Senate “must proceed to their consideration,” the memo states.

As a result, the Senate trial would not begin until one hour after President-elect Joe Biden takes the oath of office.

“The Senate trial would therefore begin after President Trump’s term has expired – either one hour after its expiration on Jan. 20, or twenty-five hours after its expiration on Jan. 21,” the memo states.

The do ent was confirmed by a source familiar with its contents.

McConnell’s memo notes that the Senate, which is currently scheduled to hold pro-forma sessions until Jan. 19, the day before Biden is to take the oath of office, cannot conduct any business during those pro-forma meetings without unanimous consent.

The GOP leader notes that would preclude the Senate from acting on any articles of impeachment received from the House until Biden is president, raising an implicit question about the point of such an exercise.

“It would require the consent of all 100 senators to conduct any business of any kind during the scheduled pro forma sessions prior to January 19, and therefore the consent of all 100 senators to begin acting on any articles of impeachment during those sessions,” the memo states.

The do ent notes the Senate “can receive a message announcing that the House has impeached the President” while the Senate is in recess, but the Secretary of the Senate wouldn’t notify the chamber of the message until the next regular session, which is scheduled for Jan. 19.

What’s unclear is whether Chief Justice John Roberts would preside over the trial because Trump will no longer be president of the United States at 1 p.m. Jan. 20, the earliest a trial could start without consent from all 100 senators.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...trial-of-trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's such a little got. CNN reporting he has no appe e for impeaching the nazi .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now we know Biden's going to push Pelosi to slow-roll this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell circulates procedures for second Senate impeachment trial of Trump

The do ent, which was first reported by The Washington Post, lays out how the Senate would proceed if the House approves articles of impeachment and transmits them to the upper chamber before or by Jan. 19, when senators are scheduled to resume regular business after the January recess.

McConnell says the most likely scenario if the House impeaches Trump in his final 12 days in office is for the Senate to receive a message from the lower chamber notifying it of the action on on Jan. 19. That would then give the Senate the option of ordering the House managers to present those articles on the same day.

Senate Impeachment Rules require that at 1 p.m. on the day after the managers exhibit the articles, the Senate “must proceed to their consideration,” the memo states.

As a result, the Senate trial would not begin until one hour after President-elect Joe Biden takes the oath of office.

“The Senate trial would therefore begin after President Trump’s term has expired – either one hour after its expiration on Jan. 20, or twenty-five hours after its expiration on Jan. 21,” the memo states.

The do ent was confirmed by a source familiar with its contents.

McConnell’s memo notes that the Senate, which is currently scheduled to hold pro-forma sessions until Jan. 19, the day before Biden is to take the oath of office, cannot conduct any business during those pro-forma meetings without unanimous consent.

The GOP leader notes that would preclude the Senate from acting on any articles of impeachment received from the House until Biden is president, raising an implicit question about the point of such an exercise.

“It would require the consent of all 100 senators to conduct any business of any kind during the scheduled pro forma sessions prior to January 19, and therefore the consent of all 100 senators to begin acting on any articles of impeachment during those sessions,” the memo states.

The do ent notes the Senate “can receive a message announcing that the House has impeached the President” while the Senate is in recess, but the Secretary of the Senate wouldn’t notify the chamber of the message until the next regular session, which is scheduled for Jan. 19.

What’s unclear is whether Chief Justice John Roberts would preside over the trial because Trump will no longer be president of the United States at 1 p.m. Jan. 20, the earliest a trial could start without consent from all 100 senators.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...trial-of-trump
    This is bull , Dems should impeach and make the Senate vote on it. Trump shouldn't be allowed to hold office again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    will the mfer resign?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

heh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is bull , Dems should impeach and make the Senate vote on it. Trump shouldn't be allowed to hold office again.
    damn skippy. rub their noses in it and make them vote to buy into that .

Next election will have footage from this insurrection front and center for every vulnerable Republican and swing seat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden's such a little got. CNN reporting he has no appe e for impeaching the nazi .
    Literally said he'll leave that to congress.

That is getting impeached again, no question.

The senate is another thing but you are now seeing more and more republican senators on board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The case for impeachment is that it is a vehicle for Schumer to use for uncovering evidence, including that of accomplices, and holding a trial. Retribution. Smear the traitors. Censure Cruz and Hawley.
    You can only impeach a sitting president. Once he's out of office two weeks the issue becomes moot and the investigation loses its authority.

The same could be done by a congressional committee to research what happened last week and that would actually extend into the next administration who would be much more likely to give access to records and personnel while the current administration will do nothing but obstruct for as much as possible for the next two weeks until said mootness comes to bear.

the politicians that are pushing this have to know this and are doing this for cheap political points and nothing really substantive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or not on board but at least acknowledging Trump ed up and indeed, these are impeachable offenses.

Murkowski and Sasse would be new pickups, imo. Romney would vote for as well.

Thread Information