Page 445 of 474 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,125 of 11850
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, even if they vote to acquit, they can still vote right after to prevent him from holding office again, and that's a simple majority vote.

Ultimately that's what Dems end goal is.
    dayenu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, even if they vote to acquit, they can still vote right after to prevent him from holding office again, and that's a simple majority vote.

Ultimately that's what Dems end goal is.
    Not worth wasting their yearly reconciliation bill on Dear Nazi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth wasting their yearly reconciliation bill on Dear Nazi.
    It wouldn't be reconciliation. The question is if Mitch is still calling the shots then and brings it to the floor or filibusters it to and back.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't be reconciliation. The question is if Mitch is still calling the shots then and brings it to the floor or filibusters it to and back.
    Cruz, Hawley, or Paul would filibuster the for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems shouldn't gift that to the republicans though. They would be doing them a massive favor by getting rid of Trump.
    You’re still operating from the paradigm that having real elections is a given. The whole point of the Trump phenomenon is that the Republican base figured out the only way to hold onto white supremacy was to get rid of elections. You need to neutralize the credible fascist leaders. Trump. Hawley. Cotton. DeSantis. Gaetz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, Pootin and his boy Trash MISSION ACCOMPLISHED in Pootin's Long Game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russophobia without the anti-communism, so what?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democracy does not involve "the greatest democracy" using a new president from a foreign country to dig for dirt on an opponent.
    And... it failed miserably. But just the fact Trump tried it means he should have been out a year ago.

And yes, this guy is able to let loose now that Trump has been voted out and really thrown out like a drunken bum in a cheap bar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russophobia without the anti-communism, so what?
    Russophobia? Russia is an enemy of America, raping America's politics, raping America's govt, raping America's Internet.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean they have to be trolling at this point, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

just one key position off, not too bad

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

This was done on purpose because he is addressing the False Senate, a mirage projected to us by the Fake News MSM.

The true United States Senate is working in the shadows with our Still-Current-President Donald Trump.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was done on purpose because he is addressing the False Senate, a mirage projected to us by the Fake News MSM.

The true United States Senate is working in the shadows with our Still-Current-President Donald Trump.
    THERE IS GOLD FRINGE ON THE AMERICAN FLAG IN THE BACKGROUND THEREFORE SOMETHING SOMETHING ADMIRALTY LAW THIS DOESN'T COUNT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kraken is back and does not care if everyone knows she is related to ducks!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's lawyers just crushed the GOP's top argument against impeachment in legal brief

The brief submitted by the Trump legal team Tuesday argues that President Joe Biden wasn't legitimately elected as the president of the United States.

"The whole brief, for one, never once describes Donald Trump as the former president,"

"It describes him over and over again as the 45th president, as if he is still the president.

They never describe him as the former or previous president.

Apparently, he thinks he still is the president."

If the Republicans argue that Trump can't be impeached as a former president and

Trump says he's still the current president,

it eliminates the Republican argument he can't be impeached.

They have to either agree he's the president and thus he can be impeached, or argue he's not the rightful president, against Trump's claims.

That claim that President Trump won the election somehow and

that President Biden isn't really the president,

he's a pretender and he's stolen it, and Trump is the rightful president.

that was the basis for the mob attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6th.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-impeachment-brief-republicans-trouble

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's political appointees didn't know

they'd lose their benefits after administration change over

Trump's appointees are running into as they're learning their leave wasn't available to employees that no longer work for the administration.

When it came time for her three months of paid leave after giving birth, she was given approval by the Commerce Department's HR team, but the change of administration meant it wasn't available anymore because her job was gone.

"I got completely screwed,"

Political appointees "do not enjoy the promise of federal employment past the end of the administration in which they choose to serve,"

after Trump was out of office, Dr. Ben Carson wouldn't get paid anymore and wouldn't get health insurance through the federal government because he's no longer a Cabinet secretary.

the Trump administration dragged its heels on a quick and orderly transition as a reason why some on his team were caught off guard by the benefits ending."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-staff-loses-leave

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Trump will see to it all his people are taken care of, he's a billionaire, right?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's political appointees didn't know

they'd lose their benefits after administration change over

Trump's appointees are running into as they're learning their leave wasn't available to employees that no longer work for the administration.

When it came time for her three months of paid leave after giving birth, she was given approval by the Commerce Department's HR team, but the change of administration meant it wasn't available anymore because her job was gone.

"I got completely screwed,"

Political appointees "do not enjoy the promise of federal employment past the end of the administration in which they choose to serve,"

after Trump was out of office, Dr. Ben Carson wouldn't get paid anymore and wouldn't get health insurance through the federal government because he's no longer a Cabinet secretary.

the Trump administration dragged its heels on a quick and orderly transition as a reason why some on his team were caught off guard by the benefits ending."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-staff-loses-leave
    Well they were true patriots anyways, they don’t need government money they were working for the people ....right? These were not swamp people looking for government healthcare and benefits from the government....

Red team still believes...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New filing suggests Mark Meadows under investigation for campaign finance violations

Former Trump chief in jeopardy: Watchdog group filed complaint against Meadows in October

Mark Meadows shows legal expenses that experts say indicate it is "highly likely" the North Carolina Republican is under scrutiny for campaign finance violations.

a Salon report that detailed a series of apparent violations of the prohibition on using campaign funds for personal expenses.

Those payments covered gourmet cupcakes, grocery store purchases, a cell phone bill, posh meals and lodging at Donald Trump's Washington hotel, according to filings with the FEC.

Meadows' campaign also spent thousands of dollars on "printed materials" at an upscale Washington-area custom jeweler on the day he left Congress for the White House.

(The jewelry retailer has said it sells nothing that could be categorized that way.)

https://www.salon.com/2021/02/03/new...ce-violations/

Thread Information