Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because it's implicit in the notion that we shouldn't brush off the choice of 70 million voters as an argument of why he was a good president.
    Never said he was a good president

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Didnt Lisa Murkowski said she would essentially leave the party if they don’t distance themselves from Trump? Doesn’t look like that’s happening at all.

It’s complete lunacy what the GOP is doing. Losing is winning to them. Odd way to look at things.
    I don’t think they realize how strong Trumpism is. Even in like New Hampshire, the Republicans in that state love Trump. Even though the obvious strategy is running either Ayotte or Sununu against Hassan in ‘22, it’s not a guarantee one of them will beat a MAGA in a primary, and if the candidate is anyone other than Ayotte or Sununu they’re practically giving a potential senate seat away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what will the GOP impeach Kamala Harris for in 2022? having too many melanocytes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your shields said it all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The impeachment last year was re ed, I pretty much ignored it. I’m sure what he did was impeachable but there wasn’t much public outrage about it, conviction was never going to happen, and Adam Schitt + fat tub of Jerry Nadler were awful at presenting their case.

I know you disagree but I think Trump’s actions this time around are where the rare bipartisan impeachment should have happened. I will say that I heard yesterday they can invoke 14(3) with a simple majority vote and if that’s the case then I’m not sure why they went forward with impeachment, they should have just skipped to 14(3) if that’s cons utionally allowed.
    I don't disagree. He should never be allowed to run for office again and maybe even should be tried criminally. Dems are too incompetent or corrupt to do it right and neither party is that interested in justice vs their political futures.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but you did state "whether or not it's wise to discount the rationality of 70 million voters". The "rationality" here really hinges on whether he was a good president and/or simply better than the alternative. What other rational option goes there if it's not one of those?

Ultimately, I doubt all those 70 million really thought he would not accept the result of fair and transparent elections, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but you did state "whether or not it's wise to discount the rationality of 70 million voters". The "rationality" here really hinges on whether he was a good president and/or simply better than the alternative. What other rational option goes there if it's not one of those?

Ultimately, I doubt all those 70 million really thought he would not accept the result of fair and transparent elections, tbh.
    Still doesn't make them irrational either way. I didn't say "rationale".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your shields said it all
    The adults are talking and you aren't the standard for reading between the lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still doesn't make them irrational either way. I didn't say "rationale".
    I wouldn't necessarily call them irrational, but I also don't think we can automatically assume that because he got 70 million votes we know what all those 70 million were thinking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you ever find an answer to why you completely omitted the murder of a policeman when you described the events of 1/6?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't necessarily call them irrational, but I also don't think we can automatically assume that because he got 70 million votes we know what all those 70 million were thinking.
    Of course not, but I never indicated otherwise. I was responding to someone who was doing just that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not, but I never indicated otherwise. I was responding to someone who was doing just that.
    Or it could mean that the senate is filled with corrupt yes man who are afraid of their own base.

at the notion that any rational thinking person can’t come to those same conclusions. Trump brings persecution on himself. No witches needed.
    This is the post you quoted initially. You were the one who brought up the 70 million voters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what happened to the "coward" comment, why edit it?

speaking of intellectual honesty
    It's not dishonest to think twice about bandying sharp words.

It was honestly intended, but not quite the right word choice. "Selectively oblivious wuss" is somewhat closer to the mark.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-15-2021 at 01:08 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the post you quoted initially. You were the one who brought up the 70 million voters.
    Afraid of their own base. Who would that base be if not the 70 million voters?

In fact you responded with this:

If there was a do over, he doesn’t get that. Hindsight and all that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not dishonest to think twice about bandying sharp words.

It was honestly intended, but not quite the right word choice. "Selectively oblivious wuss" is somewhat closer to the mark.
    Ironic you use the word "coward" then pussied out on it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Afraid of their own base. Who would that base be if not the 70 million voters?

In fact you responded with this:
    You inferred on your own. I was talking in the context of people watching the impeachment and coming to the conclusion that republicans didn’t convict because they were afraid of their own base.

All it takes is a little common sense on why Trump got acquitted. There’s only 1 factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ironic you use the word "coward" then pussied out on it.
    a little too strong, i thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you trump ed gots in this thread are such hypocrites. If you literally just switched Trump with Obama (or any dem really), every single one of you would be calling for execution by firing squad. Every. single. one.
    We all know it. If a Democrat had done half of what golfy mcdementia had done, they would be ting themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think they realize how strong Trumpism is. Even in like New Hampshire, the Republicans in that state love Trump. Even though the obvious strategy is running either Ayotte or Sununu against Hassan in ‘22, it’s not a guarantee one of them will beat a MAGA in a primary, and if the candidate is anyone other than Ayotte or Sununu they’re practically giving a potential senate seat away.
    I think they are going to lose another senate seat or two next time around. It will free up Kamela to prep for 24.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what will the GOP impeach Kamala Harris for in 2022? having too many melanocytes?

If.

22 will be for an interesting cycle. Hope they introduce articles now. Be fun to see what they come up with.

Thread Information