Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Abrams Says Trump Transcript is ‘Unambiguous’:

‘This is Worse Than I Think People Expected’

“The President had initially talked about the possibility that

this was a discussion about trying to root out corruption in Ukraine,

trying to ensure that the money was going to the right places, et cetera.

There’s almost nothing about that in this transcript.”

the majority of what the president is talking about is with regard to personal agenda items.

The CrowdStrike, Hunter Biden, and Joe Biden…

The most important point though is the Biden piece, right?

You can say that the Hillary Clinton piece is inappropriate, shouldn’t have done it,

but when you’re talking about trying to get information about your potential 2020 rival,

you’re now crossing into the potential legal issues.

You’re now talking about the possibility of influencing an election,"

"the suggestion was they’re telling us this isn’t going to be that big of a deal… This is unambiguous.”

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trum...ople-expected/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi says Trash says "it wasn't me who blocked the release of wb complaint"

will the wb really be allowed to speak freely in Congress?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi says Trash says "it wasn't me who blocked the release of wb complaint"

will the wb really be allowed to speak freely in Congress?

About his/her indirect knowledge?

By all means

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "indirect" doesn't mean incorrect or inaccurate, except in the febrile brains of Trash's cult mob
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-25-2019 at 10:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This impeachment push is intended to do about the same thing the Hillary Clinton investigation did, sway voters. Obama (ding) had Trump investigated during the 2016 election cycle but by his own executive branch, not by a foreign en y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first blush, this doesn't seem as bad as I thought it was going to be. DJT pretty blatantly asks for an investigation into Biden's son - there's no dispute about that:

I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing within the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son,. that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.
    Is there a request to investigate Hunter Biden? Yes. Is that, in and of itself, an impeachable offense? I don't know. If some quid pro quo had been offered - i.e., unfreezing foreign aid that had been frozen in the prior week, the case would be clearer (although my read of Art. II Sec. 4 is that the bribery contemplated is a bribe given to the president - not one which the president gives). Is it treason? That likely is an open question too - although the optics of asking another nation to investigate the potential democratic nominee's son is not a great look by any means.

My gut tells me that this, without anything more, is likely to result in another circus without much to show for it in the end. If this is all there is, then it wouldn't be the hill I die on. If the whistleblower's complaint - which contemplates a pattern of bad conduct - shows more, then there could very well be some legs here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guiliani raging and sweating yesterday wasn't a good look at all.
    This is a fundamental issue with the democratic voter base - they focus on appearances and presume the majority of the country who doesn't tweet gives 2 s about it. The dems started ignoring flyover folks for some reason, and some of you who give too much weight to tweets and nuances like RG's sweating could be once again crying whitelash if you lose again. This is the time when you should be scoring points for your side. I've yet to see the dems offer anything to the voters they don't already have, other than themselves in office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first blush, this doesn't seem as bad as I thought it was going to be. DJT pretty blatantly asks for an investigation into Biden's son - there's no dispute about that:

Is there a request to investigate Hunter Biden? Yes. Is that, in and of itself, an impeachable offense? I don't know. If some quid pro quo had been offered - i.e., unfreezing foreign aid that had been frozen in the prior week, the case would be clearer (although my read of Art. II Sec. 4 is that the bribery contemplated is a bribe given to the president - not one which the president gives). Is it treason? That likely is an open question too - although the optics of asking another nation to investigate the potential democratic nominee's son is not a great look by any means.

My gut tells me that this, without anything more, is likely to result in another circus without much to show for it in the end. If this is all there is, then it wouldn't be the hill I die on. If the whistleblower's complaint - which contemplates a pattern of bad conduct - shows more, then there could very well be some legs here.
    I think someone needs to investigate these rich white kids with names like Hunter, then move on to Will Smith's sons (or whatever he has).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Trash asking a foreign power to investigate his political opponent for corruption?

Isn't that the job of the FBI?

No doubt that the Ukraine guy KNEW Trash had blocked $100Ms from going to Ukraine,

then Trash calls PERSONALLY to talk about Ukraine investigating Biden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash is talking about Victoria Nuland,

who was instrumental with Hillary and NATO in getting

Ukraine Nazis to overthrow Pootin's corrupt Ukraine poopet?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-25-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-25-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP senators are ‘stunned’ at the transcript — and think Trump is putting himself in more jeopardy

the notes in fact confirm

Trump demanded an investigation of Biden,

implicate Attorney General William Barr in the scheme, and

even show the Ukrainian President tried to flatter him by
    bringing up his stays in Trump Tower.

Robert Costa
    ✔@costareports

Several Senate Republicans I've spoken with in the last hour are

stunned that the WH is releasing this transcript.

They do not think it helps the president's cause.

And they expect today's Senate GOP lunch to be quite the get-together.

9:24 AM - Sep 25, 2019

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/gop-senators-are-stunned-at-the-transcript-and-think-trump-is-putting-himself-in-more-jeopardy-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1548

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching FusionGPS/Steele crisis mongers like DarrinS and TSA "nothingburger" a President of the United States openly asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival is something to behold, even if it's the most predictable thing ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching FusionGPS/Steele crisis mongers like DarrinS and TSA "nothingburger" a President of the United States openly asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival is something to behold, even if it's the most predictable thing ever.
    Because the democrats including Biden did not ask Ukraine to investigate Trump???

the hipocrisy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So at LEAST

Trash

tranny Julie Annie

Billy "Tom Hagen" Barr

officially do ented in the crime

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If some quid pro quo had been offered - i.e., unfreezing foreign aid that had been frozen in the prior week, the case would be clearer (although my read of Art. II Sec. 4 is that the bribery contemplated is a bribe given to the president - not one which the president gives).
    The request for quid pro quo seems implied when he asks for the "favor" directly after Zelenskyy talks about buying Javelins from the US, but probably not beyond a shadow of a doubt. It will almost certainly just be interpreted as a new topic of conversation by Trump's supporters and sycophants.

It's a pretty damning transcript at least from an optics perspective. Besides, anyone who reads through that and is proud to have the current White House occupant as their leader should have their head checked. But these are people who can watch him speak for more than five minutes and say to themselves, "Yes. This makes sense. This is a man who should definitely be in charge of our National Security."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The request for quid pro quo seems implied when he asks for the "favor" directly after Zelenskyy talks about buying Javelins from the US, but probably not beyond a shadow of a doubt. It will almost certainly just be interpreted as a new topic of conversation by Trump's supporters and sycophants.

It's a pretty damning transcript at least from an optics perspective. Besides, anyone who reads through that and is proud to have the current White House occupant as their leader should have their head checked. But these are people who can watch him speak for more than five minutes and say to themselves, "Yes. This makes sense. This is a man who should definitely be in charge of our National Security."
    I don't disagree with the sentiment here. But "seems implied" does not inspire confidence that the Dems have the horses to run the impeachment race. I guess they're in a tight spot: on the one hand, not opening the inquiry would reduce this cluster to just another run-of-the-mill POTUS being POTUS ups. On the other hand, this doesn't, as you mention, rise to the level that would make a congressman voting to not impeach lose credibility/cons uents/an election, etc... Again, unless there's more here - which is entirely possible - this isn't the hill I'd die on because the potential to derail 2020 is too high. Dems are kissing the beehive thinking it won't sting if they think that impeachment won't galvanize Trump's base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just compare that transcript with video of Biden bragging about withholding 1B unless they fire the prosecutor.

Not a good look

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

referred to the FBI

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's get real: Democrats were first to enlist Ukraine in US elections

As I have reported, the pressure began at least as early as January 2016, when the Obama White House unexpectedly invited Ukraine's top prosecutors to Washington to discuss fighting corruption in the country.

The meeting, promised as training, turned out to be more of a pretext for the Obama administration to pressure Ukraine's prosecutors to drop an investigation into the Burisma Holdings gas company that employed Hunter Biden and to look for new evidence in a then-dormant criminal case against eventual Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, a GOP lobbyist.

U.S. officials "kept talking about how important it was that all of our anti-corruption efforts be united," said Andrii Telizhenko, the former political officer in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington who organized and attended the meetings.

Nazar Kholodnytsky, Ukraine's chief anti-corruption prosecutor, told me that, soon after he returned from the Washington meeting, he saw evidence in Ukraine of political meddling in the U.S. election. That's when two top Ukrainian officials released secret evidence to the American media, smearing Manafort.

demore s

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...n-us-elections

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those of you who remember, how does this impeachment compare to the Clinton one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The President of corrupt Ukraine certainly doesn't need to be told explicitly by Trash that the blocked $100Ms were in play,

blocked by Trash persnally a few weeks before the Trash called him to ask him to go after Trash's political opponent.

Of course the Ukraine guy KNEW those $100Ms were in play, if he personally played along with Trash's corruption.

You simpleton mother ers requiring that Trash EXPLICITLY offered quid pro quo have no ing idea of subtext, esp political subtext ("I'll Make Him An Offer He Can't Refuse"),

and are ignoring the context of Trash blocking $100Ms just a few weeks before he called.

Thread Information