Page 92 of 474 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 11850
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Fox News poll that said 51 percent of voters surveyed supported impeaching President Donald Trump didn’t properly represent Republican and Independent voters, according to a New York Post analysis.

The news outlet said the party-affiliation breakdown was incorrect, and suggested a poll weighted with the new numbers would have concluded that just 44.9 percent favored impeachment compared with the 44.4 percent who opposed it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "These are bad, bad people"

his baby talk is too complex for this cult mob

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Stop talking’: Trump advisers want Giuliani dumped

Trump allies felt Giuliani's free-wheeling monologues were hurting the president.

And that was before the ex-New York mayor's business associates got arrested.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/12/rudy-giuliani-trump-interviews-044791
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-14-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giuliani was always a fraud. Just ask the FDNY

As the image of “America’s Mayor” was being rehabbed, 9/11 families saw how his malfeasance killed their loved ones

if the media is to tell the whole story of the rise and demise of America’s Mayor, they need to confess to their role in this grifter’s ascension.

We got a President Trump thanks to a compliant, sensationalist media apparatus that breathed life into his phony self-made billionaire myth,

just as we owe them Rudy, who they cast as a post-9/11 American hero.

In politics, narrative is everything.

By the time that the planes crashed into the Twin Towers on Sept. 11, 2001 Giuliani was a master surfer of the wave of public opinion.

In the attacks that played out in lower Manhattan, at the Pentagon, and in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, close to 3,000 people were killed — 343 of them uniformed New York City firemen.

Overnight, the American news media turned Giuliani into a larger than life heroic figure. But the people that were most intimately familiar with the city’s pre-9/11 counter-terrorism preparations knew that

it was Giuliani’s failures as Mayor which contributed directly to the horrific body count for the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) that day.

The contract for the new radios was a no bid, non-compe ive contract

that was, as it turned out, just an extension of an existing contract with Motorola, which has a near-monopoly on emergency communications.

According to a report issued by the New York City Comptroller the next month,

the Giuliani administration had “willfully” violated “city contracting rules….

endangering firefighters in a
    reckless bid to buy a new type of hand-held radio that it later had to pull from service,”

The Times reported that “the new digital radios were never properly tested before being distributed to firefighters.”

As City Comptroller Alan Hevesi do ented,

“they were purchased through what he described as an improper process that did not allow competing companies to bid for the contract.”

Just six months later, FDNY’s bravest faced the doomsday scenario as they sized up the rescue operation in the badly damaged Twin Towers on that clear blue-sky day in September that would take so many of their lives.

They were equipped with the same analog radios that had failed them so badly when the WTC was bombed back in 1993.

As the IAFF video do ents and as the 9/11 timeline confirms, at 9:32 am. on Sept. 11,

an FDNY Chief ordered all members in the North Tower to the lobby.

Even though he repeated the order, not a single company responded.

At 9:59 the WTC South Tower collapsed; and at 10 am the order to abandon the North Tower was repeated. Inside the North Tower were 121 firefighters who never heard that order. They perished when the North Tower collapsed at 10:28 am.

“On 9/11 firefighters went into the North Tower and started ascending the tower, yet they were being called back and they kept going,” said Richard Salem, an attorney who has been representing several of the firefighters’ families who lost loved ones when the North Tower collapsed.

“Not one other uniform[ed] officer from any other department [who had functioning radios], perished in that tower other than the FDNY.”

De ably, Giuliani tried to cover up his own malfeasance by telling the 9/11 Commission

that the North Tower firefighters had ignored the radio orders because of “their willingness, the way I describe it to stand their ground.”

“These radios did not work in the WTC in 1993 and they did not work in 2001,” he told me during a phone interview. “We got the story out there but when the media christened him ‘America’s Mayor,’ it all went away.”

Giuliani was asked if “saying things for Trump, not always being truthful about it — do you ever worry that this will be your legacy? Does that ever worry you in any way?”

He answered: “Absolutely. I am afraid it will be on my gravestone. ‘Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump.’

Somehow, I don’t think that will be it.

But, if it is, so what do I care? I’ll be dead.”

https://www.salon.com/2019/10/13/giuliani-was-always-a-fraud-just-ask-the-fdny/

I have a multi-decade friend who denies AGW and doesn't GAF about the climate catastrophe, hates anybody talking about.

He, with children and grandchildren, doesn't care "because I'll be dead"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rand Paul calls for investigation of Dem senators, says they threatened Ukraine aid during Mueller probe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Threatening Ukraine aid bad now.

Trump followed through on his threat.

That's why he's being investigated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you think Trump did absolutely nothing wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laurence Tribe Tells Trump He’s Going To Lose Badly If Impeachment Fight Reaches Supreme Court

The courts are beginning to hold that the president is violating the law.”

“I think if any of these cases get to the Supreme Court, the president is going to lose.

He’s going to lose even the votes of conservative jurists.”

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/10/12/laurence-tribe-trump-lose-badly-impeachment-reaches-supreme-court.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost everything in this article can be true - and it, in no shape or form, will exonerate dear leader.

You'll likely think they're mutually exclusive when they're not.

Trump stands accused of using the office of the presidency to advance political aims, in particular pressuring Ukraine to investigate potential campaign rival Joe Biden. He’s guilty, but the issue is how guilty, in comparison to his accusers.

Trump, at least insofar as we know, has not used section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act to monitor political rivals. He hasn’t deployed human counterintelligence “informants” to follow the likes of Hunter Biden. He hasn’t maneuvered to secure Special Counsel probes of Democrats.
    Trump President, not NSA/CIA/whatever other IC organization you wanna single out. Doesn't excuse any abuse of power - but even Taibbi is in favor of impeachment.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes, it's terrible that the intel and law enforcement communities used legal means to investigate legitimate leads.

Again, Russiagate would've been a much lower profile FBI investigation had Trump and everyone around him not lied about it at every possible opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you think Trump did absolutely nothing wrong.
    You think he did something impeachable
    Lol

What Adam did was worse!
    It was before congress and the American people against his political rival !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fbi has lied for years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Threatening Ukraine aid bad now.

Trump followed through on his threat.

That's why he's being investigated.
    Democracts do it all the time

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Democracts do it all the time
    Show me all your examples of Democrats doing exactly what Trump did.

I expect at least ten since you say they do it all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks putting a prong collar on Chump and taking him for a walk

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ducks putting a prong collar on Chump and taking him for a walk
    he's curling up into a ball pretending I didn't ask just like you always do.

Here, I'll do it again:

What crimes do you say Hunter and/or Joe Biden committed, hater?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Donald 'n' Rudy's Ukraine internets conspiracy investigation has already ed up four cabinet departments. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the Forest Service and Coast Guard implicated somehow.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chris's hard earned cash is going into David Dennison's pockets?

He's a career crooked criminal, so I know this is a true tweet. You hate to see it tho!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump is the OPPOSITE of Robin Hood and his uneducated, broke ass, racist supporters don't care

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is the OPPOSITE of Robin Hood and his uneducated, broke ass, racist supporters don't care

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't help that Hillary is the OPPOSITE of mother theresa tbqh

Thread Information