Page 383 of 474 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,575 of 11850
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump waived executive privilege when he called Bolton a liar

If the Senate decides to summon the former national security adviser,

the president won’t have much recourse left.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/01/27/trump-waived-executive-privilege-when-he-called-bolton-liar/

sure he does-

trump could testify under oath and show the country Bolton is a liar!

unless....

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He immediately released the transcript.
    Why do you idiots keep saying this? Are you lying or are you just that clueless?

By my count, you've parroted the "transcript" lie and the "Schiff asked for Trump nudes" lie in the past day. Are you getting your news from Devin Nunes' podcast?

Again, reflect on yourself and your sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The book is on sale on Amazon today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you idiots keep saying this? Are you lying or are you just that clueless?

By my count, you've parroted the "transcript" lie and the "Schiff asked for Trump nudes" lie in the past day. Are you getting your news from Devin Nunes' podcast?

DarrinS is smart enough to know he's spreading a lie.

Paraphrase =/= transcript

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's transcript, as indicting as it is, is about as truthful as Barr's 4-pager of Mueller

That's why the full transcript is deeply secreted away.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The most ironic and funny thing is that Darrin himself hasn't read the memo that he so badly wants people to believe it's a transcript. Not much going on in that brain.

Go ahead, ask him if he read the 5 page memo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick Santorum gives away the GOP’s game on impeachment:

‘Even if he did it, Republicans don’t care!’

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/ric...ans-dont-care/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well Collins and Gardner should give a . Their skin is on the line. Hillary won their states fairly comfortably.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That has always been the GOP's game with our Dear Leader: corruption in plain sight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good article on Bolton. There really aren't any "good guys" in this whole mess.

https://news.yahoo.com/bolton-who-ma...170021430.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s threats of violence should warn us what’s coming after impeachment

After Trump’s acquittal, his political chorus will continue to sing his praises.

Powered by a mix of

self-righteousness,

white male rage, and

right-wing victimhood,

en lement and

grievance,

Trump will likely seek revenge,

launching a fully unrestrained attack

on the Cons ution,

the rule of law,

American democracy,

the Democrats,

liberals,

progressives and

any person or group who dares to try to hold him accountable.

The American people and the Democratic Party have one option left to stop Donald Trump.

On Election Day in November they must vote him out of power.

To this point, America does not seem up to the task.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trumps-threats-of-violence-should-warn-us-whats-coming-after-impeachment/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s lawyers are betting on their audience having no idea how the law works a very safe bet

Trump’s lawyers are staking out bold ground by claiming that abuse of power

which is, to many, the quintessential impeachable offense —

is not actually grounds for removing a president at all.

Dershowitz made the even greater leap that

there is something inherently illegitimate about trying to discern

whether the president had a corrupt motive in his act.

“How are we supposed to get the proof of what’s inside the president’s head?”

such arguments will only appeal to people who have no familiarity with criminal law.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren ... said his arguments were “nonsensical.”

“His characterization of the law simply is unsupported,” she told reporters after Dershowitz’s presentation in the Senate trial.

“He is a criminal law professor who stood in the well of the Senate and

talked about how law never inquires into intent and

that we should not be using the president’s intent as part of understanding impeachment.”

She continued:

“Criminal law is all about intent.

Mens rea is the heart of criminal law.

That’s the very basis of it.

So it makes his whole presentation just nonsensical.

I truly could not follow it.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trumps-threats-of-violence-should-warn-us-whats-coming-after-impeachment/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

So

1. Abuse of power is not impeachable

and

2. We cannot know what Trash's "intent" was in abusing power and extorting Z?

so Trash abused his power and could have been totally innocent in intent?

btw, 21 State AG's, excellent sucking, sycophantic, authoritarian herrenvolk, have joined Trash's defense team.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-28-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sekulow cons Senate:

John Bolton’s ‘unsourced’ firsthand account of Ukraine scandal is ‘inadmissible’

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/sek..._campaign=3599

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bouty could we pitch in and get you an emotional support animal for the upcoming Senate vote which does not impeach Don?
    Do you have an animal of choice?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out the Republicans are right on this one. No crime was committed. The reasons they had rush to impeach was a lie (33 days they held on to them and then said after they impeached there was no hurry to get articles to senate), said they had overwhelming evidence which there is none as in zero plus they keep wanting to add to the articles and call witnesses, so yes, this was a major political move for the 2020 election. The only news I am waiting on is will any democrats vote to acquit. From my point of view if there are not a few democrats in there it really means they drew the line in the sand "It's us or them". Not sure if that will sit well with anyone that is not a democrat. November will be interesting, to say the least.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Absolutely daft’:

Expert explains why Trump’s blanket defiance of subpoenas is without legal justification

according to law professor Frank O. Bowman III, who teaches at the University of Missouri,

the anti-subpoena arguments Trump and his allies have been making during his impeachment are “
    without precedent or legal justification.”

Patrick Philbin, one of Trump’s attorneys, has claimed that the

subpoenas issued by House committees prior to a House vote authorizing an impeachment inquiry are not valid.

But Bowman strongly disagrees with Philbin’s reasoning — or lack thereof.

“The president’s position, incredibly, is that

if an ongoing oversight investigation begins to produce evidence that might result in impeachment,

the committees conducting that investigation somehow lose their subpoena authority

until the whole House declares a formal impeachment inquiry,” Bowman writes.

“This is, not to put too fine a point on it, absolutely daft.”

Trump and his defenders, according to Bowman, seriously underestimate the oversight powers that Congress has under the U.S. Cons ution.

“Congress has both a

responsibility and a right to inquire closely into the operations of the federal agencies, programs and employees it authorizes, regulates and funds.

The power of inquiry includes the power to use subpoenas to compel production of testimony and do ents.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/abs...justification/

feckless Dems ed up, after Mueller report and again now, by not asking SCOTUS for an emergency ruling Trash/Barr's total obstructionism of Congress.

The above Cons utional power of Congress is exactly what the Repug/oligarchy wants to destroy with their "unitary executive" bull , which means Congress has NO power or oversight over the Exec branch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out the Republicans are right on this one. No crime was committed.
    oh, ok

The reasons they had rush to impeach was a lie (33 days they held on to them and then said after they impeached there was no hurry to get articles to senate), said they had overwhelming evidence which there is none as in zero plus they keep wanting to add to the articles and call witnesses, so yes, this was a major political move for the 2020 election. The only news I am waiting on is will any democrats vote to acquit. From my point of view if there are not a few democrats in there it really means they drew the line in the sand "It's us or them". Not sure if that will sit well with anyone that is not a democrat. November will be interesting, to say the least.
    or maybe the republicans are wrong, and the only news we should be waiting on is will any republicans vote to remove. if there are not a few republicans in there it really means they drew the line in the sand "It's us or them." Not sure if that will sit well with anyone that is not a republican. November will be interesting, to say the least

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why you replied to my comment but "thanks".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why you replied to my comment but "thanks".
    because i had something to say in response to it. that's the purpose of the reply feature, last i checked

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Internet chomps ‘pretending lawyer’ Jay Sekulow for wasting time playing video of Pelosi passing out pen

Jay Sekulow, an attorney for President Donald Trump, suggested on Monday that the president should be acquitted at his impeachment trial because House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) handed out pens as souvenirs after signing the articles of impeachment.

Sekulow then played a clip, not of impeachment hearings, but of the signing of the articles of impeachment. Pelosi can be seen handing out pens as is traditionally done at major signings.

“Pens!” Sekulow bellowed. “Distributed! To the impeachment managers! A celebratory moment!”

“Think about that!” Sekulow demanded. “Think about this. A poignant moment.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/internet-chomps-pretending-lawyer-jay-sekulow-for-wasting-time-playing-video-of-pelosi-passing-out-pens/

Jews for Jesus Sekulow, The Best People

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There has always been a fear that the executive would work to consolidate its power to the detriment of other, co-equal branches of government. That trend has been accelerating over the past 50 years (at least). The point is to do anything and everything from allowing that trend to continue accelerating.
    you gotta fix money and gerrymandering, or nothing will get done, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A good article on Bolton. There really aren't any "good guys" in this whole mess.

https://news.yahoo.com/bolton-who-ma...170021430.html
    Conservatives like bullies. That's why Bolton has been a Fox "news" contributor forever, and why his star rose so highly in the Trump party, who will now turn on him to demonize him at every chance, which is how you became aware of it. The Right-Wing attack machine has kicked into high gear after he turned on them.

What does it say that the administration is rife with asshats like this?;'
    '

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turns out the Republicans are right on this one. No crime was committed. The reasons they had rush to impeach was a lie (33 days they held on to them and then said after they impeached there was no hurry to get articles to senate), said they had overwhelming evidence which there is none as in zero plus they keep wanting to add to the articles and call witnesses, so yes, this was a major political move for the 2020 election. The only news I am waiting on is will any democrats vote to acquit. From my point of view if there are not a few democrats in there it really means they drew the line in the sand "It's us or them". Not sure if that will sit well with anyone that is not a democrat. November will be interesting, to say the least.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mitch just stated he does not have the votes to stop witnesses.

Grim business.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's legal team closed out his 'defense' by showing that

it had no defense

On Tuesday, Donald Trump’s legal team stood before the Senate to give its closing argument …

and discovered it didn’t have one.

Instead, Pat Philbin spent half an hour adding some footnotes to Alan Dershowitz’s Monday night muddle.

Pat Cipollone devoted 10 minutes to running some 20-year-old video of Democratic representatives complaining about Bill Clinton’s impeachment.

And Jay Sekulow provided America with an hour of television too incoherent even for Alex Jones.

Sekulow’s final speech wasn’t so much an argument as it was the world’s angriest tone poem,

a dissociative spew that drew from more conspiracy theories than four seasons of X-Files.

And if it sometimes seemed that Sekulow was channeling the robot from Lost in Space, he was most definitely lost.

But Sekulow did have a theme: Why won’t everyone stop picking on Donald Trump?

even when accepting such ideas as Joe Biden being corrupt, or

Donald Trump being the downtrodden underdog,

Sekulow failed to knit the threads together into something

that looked more organized than dryer lint.

If Adam Schiff gave a moving speech for the ages, and he did,

Sekulow’s coda didn’t merit a moment.

Mostly, what Sekulow achieved in an hour was the same thing his compatriots managed in a much shorter period—

a statement that he had nothing.

That there was no defense of Trump’s actions.

That there was no answer to the challenges posed by new evidence.

And he demonstrated that Donald

Trump selects lawyers by loyalty, not competence.

Not one of Trump’s attorneys could produce anything that looked like a closing argument.

Because that first requires an argument.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...had-no-defense

Thread Information