Page 299 of 474 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 11850
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly, I underestimated Nancy's stupidity. I'm sure this wasn't a huge political mistake.
    Do you think Trump is a good President?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the senate is the body which holds the trial for impeachment, with the president being the defendant

we've been told that the court is going to allow the defendant to effectively run his own trial. and people are thrilled about this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we know the house GOP lied through their teeth...

the senate will administer oaths to ALL senators

will they also acquit trump despite the FACTS?

will that oath be televised?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clearly, I underestimated Nancy's stupidity. I'm sure this wasn't a huge political mistake.
    Poor little victim Trump
    Everyone so unfair to our Dear Leader

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump: This vote is an embarrassment for the country

Also Trump: I'll do whatever I want. I will have a short or long senate trial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Nancy is just as scheming as Mitch, but this was a great political move for the Dems and especially her... she had to fight tooth and nail to get the House leadership against the more liberal faction, and was at odds with them on impeachment.

She basically delivered what they wanted, which undoubtedly fires up the (D) base, and she gets to claim political and historical credit for standing up against facism in America.

Frankly, I'm actually shocked she went through with it, even though it was clearly the right thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Nancy is just as scheming as Mitch, but this was a great political move for the Dems and especially her... she had to fight tooth and nail to get the House leadership against the more liberal faction, and was at odds with them on impeachment.

She basically delivered what they wanted, which undoubtedly fires up the (D) base, and she gets to claim political and historical credit for standing up against facism in America.

Frankly, I'm actually shocked she went through with it, even though it was clearly the right thing to do.

She caved

And facism? Wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She caved

And facism? Wtf?
    What do you think of Donald Trump as president?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Trump is a good President?
    Republicans think he is better then Abe Lincoln
    Results yes he is a good president
    NATO countries paying more to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think of Donald Trump as president?
    Literally Hitler

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you're one of those. Yes, he is definitely better than Lincoln.

No one questions that.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Literally Hitler
    Darrin could never give a serious answer to that question

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Results yes he is a good president
    NATO countries paying more to
    I thought the Republican Party was the Party of Lincoln

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally Hitler
    There are ~3 people in this entire forum that will admit they think Donald is doing a good job as president.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once that Ukranian call memo was released, she didn't have a choice anymore. There's a fine line between political maneuvering and dereliction of duty.

And facism? Wtf?
    wtf what? He takes the 'if you're not with us, you're the enemy' to the max (including inciting violence) for everything and everyone. His lack of respect for the rule of law is readily apparent. If you're not a cultist, you're the enemy. It's frankly alarming and the whole Dear Leader thing is not a joke.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once that Ukranian call memo was released, she didn't have a choice anymore. There's a fine line between political maneuvering and dereliction of duty.

wtf what? He takes the 'if you're not with us, you're the enemy' to the max (including inciting violence) for everything and everyone. His lack of respect for the rule of law is readily apparent. If you're not a cultist, you're the enemy. It's frankly alarming and the whole Dear Leader thing is not a joke.

The president laid down HIS rules with that call. It comes down to do you think it was horribly wrong, or a presidential has the power to lay down these new rules.

Trump has accomplished the most important aspect of an unpopular leader, Create a fence with no in between. There are two quantum states.

It is horribly clear to me that that call was exactly what does NOT happen in a democracy in elections:

The president asking foreign powers to join its citizens in deciding who the our leaders should be for HIS re election.

This has gigantic ramifications. I want US citizens, who understand the basic premises of OUR democracy, deciding who will lead. WE understood the importance of our way of doing things from lessons learned way back that STILL APPLY TODAY.

You don’t enlist foreign leaders, governments, and intelligence agencies into OUR elections. It’s a simple idea.

Choose a side.

And realize this can become a huge power shift in elections. People worried about 2 million ghost votes last election when Trump won... Holy , this country has come down to some serious honesty problems.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-14-2019 at 09:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Dean has suggested that after the House impeaches Trump, Pelosi may keep the impeachment on her desk and not send it to the Senate. That way, it can be reopened and revised in light of new information; Pelosi can also somewhat control the timing of the Trump's trial in the Senate.

Current scuttlebutt on the trial is that GOP Senators are leaning toward a pro-forma trial with no witnesses called and a speedy vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dp

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Dean has suggested that after the House impeaches Trump, Pelosi may keep the impeachment on her desk and not send it to the Senate. That way, it can be reopened and revised in light of new information; Pelosi can also somewhat control the timing of the Trump's trial in the Senate.

Current scuttlebutt on the trial is that GOP Senators are leaning toward a pro-forma trial with no witnesses called and a speedy vote.
    She can't keep it on her desk for too long

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Moscow Mitch’ blunder means Donald Trump can never be vindicated:

Harvard Law’s Laurence Tribe

blasted Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) for violating a legal principle that has existed for over 1,000 years —

and his move means that President Donald Trump can never be vindicated during impeachment.

Tribe said, “what it looks like is that the majority leader is going to conduct this trial as though he’s a member of the defense team,” Tribe said.

“You know, it’s an ancient principle, centuries-old — actually over a millennium old — that

you can’t be a judge on your own case and

effectively, to allow Donald Trump to call the shots, violates that principle.”

“The reason it may backfire is that an exoneration —

if that’s what emerges by a Senate that is essentially rigged and fixed

so that it’s coordinated in this way with the defense

really doesn’t clear the name of the accused

so that the president will go down in history as

having been essentially found guilty by the House in a proceeding where he had a chance to defend himself,

but didn’t take advantage of it and

then in a kind of rubber stamp sort of toss off,

not really given a meaningful trial

so that he will have been adjudicated fundamentally by the House of Representatives to have

abused his office,

abused his oath, and

endangered the national security and

then blockaded in the inquiry as though he were a dictator,”
    G U I L T Y by his own admission!

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/mos..._campaign=3237

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade deal announced the day of HISTORIC impeachment vote

Only you rightwingnutjob Trash fellators and his cult mob would suck down the bull

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    btw, the Trash LIED, Repugs used that as "defense", that he released the Congress-mandated $100Ms to Ukraine (therefore he' innocent of what he confessed to).

Not all the money was released, saved for later extortion attempt after the Repug Senate clown show ignores Trash's crimes.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-14-2019 at 03:13 PM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Representative Jeff Van Drew, Anti-Impeachment Democrat, Plans to Switch Parties

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/14/u...epublican.html

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I still loved his crying rant a few years ago about how great Joe Biden was and how anyone who couldn't respect him was a grade A asshole

Thread Information