Page 424 of 474 FirstFirst ... 324374414420421422423424425426427428434 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 11850
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    le need changed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Illegal Alien Responsible For Killing 2 Law Enforcement Officials Seen Driving Well After Their Deaths

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Actually, that’s not what they ruled at all. They simply passed the buck.

The real question now is if Dems are better server with appealing this to the current SCOTUS or not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will the Dems appeal?

Will the Repug/oligarchy SCOTUS s take the case and rule for Above The Law President 5-4, or let the appeals court case stand?

The huge defeat for USA is not Trash over Dems, but all future Presidents, more lawless, much smarter than Trash, being immune to any Congressional oversight.

the ignorant, myopic 42% / Repugs / oligarchy / right wing hate media / evangelicals will HATE this decision when a Dem President uses it against them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The contention from the appeals court is that the judiciary is not suited to handle arguments between the Legislative and Executive.

That might be so for general cases, but there's also the Cons utional question of Congress' authority to investigate the Executive, and what are the limits there. Something that the appeals court basically kicked forward to the SCOTUS, should the Dems appeal.

But then the question is, do Dems want to test those limits with this particular SCOTUS...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marbury bad now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But then the question is, do Dems want to test those limits with this particular SCOTUS...
    It's now or never.

SCOTUS ain't getting any better, any decade soon.

With Trash re-elected and Repugs holding Senate, SCOTUS s could be 7-2 by 2024,

aka, the end of the myth of American "democracy", replaced by the oligarchy and a Christian theocracy.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-29-2020 at 03:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving where ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

why do you celebrate this as a good thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The first is on the probity of his policy. The heart of the allegation that led the House of Representatives to impeach the president was that he sought to put pressure on Ukraine not in America’s national interest but in order to boost his own re-election chances, by trying to extract dirt on his Democratic opponent, Joe Biden. Mr Bolton portrays this as part of a pattern. In particular, he says, Mr Trump asked China’s president, Xi Jinping, to help him win a second term. When the two presidents met on the sidelines of a g20 summit in Tokyo a year ago, Mr Trump “stressed the importance of farmers, and increased Chinese purchases of soybeans and wheat in the electoral outcome.”
    https://www.economist.com/united-sta...r-donald-trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mr Bolton is clearly no stylist, but he was a prodigious note-taker, which lends credibility to his account. Democrats will remain angry that he has chosen to spill these beans in a memoir rather than to Congress: he refused to testify in the House impeachment hearings. Would it have made a difference to the outcome had he done so? Mr Bolton thinks not (though he accuses House Democrats of “impeachment malpractice”, in failing to pursue the broader pattern of abuse of presidential power). He is probably right, given the near-unanimous backing for Mr Trump among Senate Republicans that ensured the president’s acquittal.

The bigger question now is whether Mr Bolton’s book will make a difference in November. That is the real reason Mr Trump is furious. Unlike Mr Mattis, Mr Bolton, once a Fox News pundit, has been a darling of the right. And, as he writes, “I am hard pressed to identify any significant Trump decision during my tenure that wasn’t driven by re-election calculations.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In one sense, Bolton is right.

the House was going to impeach Trash, with or w/o Bolton

the Senate was never go to convict Trash, with or w/o Bolton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone here really think Trump is going to be removed from office? If not, do you think the impeachment will affect the election in a way that causes Trump to lose? If not (again), what's the point here, moral victories? Is anyone really trying to say Trump is a corrupt politician and that's really bad? Honestly?
    Well, the stink of impeachment wasn't going to help.

Trump is an extraordinarily corrupt politician. But that isn't what is going to him and your stupid ing party this fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game over
    Republicans take the house back and keep senate and whitehouse
    Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    active talk about impeaching the er again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game over
    Republicans take the house back and keep senate and whitehouse
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAH AHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHA HAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAH AHAHAHAHAA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    active talk about impeaching the er again.
    His Cabinet is "reportedly" considering 25th Amendment

https://www.vox.com/2021/1/6/2221764...-trump-cabinet

My guess? ain't nobody don't gonna do nuthin'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

probably right.

funny that his twitter account got ganked tho. i give it less than a day before he gets banned or permabanned on Jan 21st.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count

Someone last night said if they attempted a 25th amendment removal, the process would take about 8 days, so the removal would not be immediate and there’d only be like 4-5 days left anyway. Not that 4-5 days isn’t enough time to do plenty more damage to this country and democracy. And those 8 days of dealing with that process could at least in theory keep him preoccupied with something other than inciting his followers into more destructive action.

But it’s just becoming apparent that with less than two weeks, it might not be the best time to take extreme action. And all it might do is rile up his base more, thinking they’re trying to embarrass him after “stealing” the election from him and after he already said there’d be an orderly transition of power. There are definitely pros and cons into actually trying to do it.

That said, I’d still be for them doing it. Take the car keys away from grampa. I’m for embarrassing him too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone last night said if they attempted a 25th amendment removal, the process would take about 8 days, so the removal would not be immediate and there’d only be like 4-5 days left anyway. Not that 4-5 days isn’t enough time to do plenty more damage to this country and democracy. And those 8 days of dealing with that process could at least in theory keep him preoccupied with something other than inciting his followers into more destructive action.

But it’s just becoming apparent that with less than two weeks, it might not be the best time to take extreme action. And all it might do is rile up his base more, thinking they’re trying to embarrass him after “stealing” the election from him and after he already said there’d be an orderly transition of power. There are definitely pros and cons into actually trying to do it.

That said, I’d still be for them doing it. Take the car keys away from grampa. I’m for embarrassing him too.
    I think it’d be more symbolic than anything. After all the damage he’s done to our ins utions, I think it’s be a palliative of sorts even though, as you suggest, it wouldn’t accomplish much of anything. I’d like to see a 25th amendment removal more so than another impeachment

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    successful 25th or impeachment, Trash must be tattooed with either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are they about to impeach the mfer again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will djohn win his bet?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’d be more symbolic than anything. After all the damage he’s done to our ins utions, I think it’s be a palliative of sorts even though, as you suggest, it wouldn’t accomplish much of anything. I’d like to see a 25th amendment removal more so than another impeachment
    Best would be him getting Ceausescued but I'll take impeachment and forcing the Republican senators to go on record defending the coup.

Thread Information