Page 371 of 474 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 11850
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    havent been paying attention to this snoozefest ma nigas

whats the score?
    To make you feel proper:

Assad 100
    Democracy 0

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So we can expect red team WILL NOT be going through a mul ude of historical examples of why the perfect phone call was in fact probably one of the most egregious assaults on efforts to create coequal branches of government by controlling the power of the president.

Impeachment was tailor made for this perfect phone call.
    The evidence behind the call shows the “in your face” power play.

Honest to god it seems like he wanted to be impeached and acquitted to gain more executive power.
    The 2020 election results will now be doubted which ever way they go if it is close. Fully 1/3 of the country still does not believe the Russians interfered in our elections.

Putin must have a huge smile going. This could not have worked out better; Relying on social media re edness of a democracy, pretty heady stuff. If we had tight government control over opinions we would not have to worry about the ignorance inherent in free speech as well as the disinformation that comes with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox & Friends host desperately tries to cut off Rudy Giuliani as he spins more Ukraine conspiracies

Rudy Giuliani breathlessly uncorked new conspiracy theories about Joe Biden’s activity in Ukraine, as nervous “Fox & Friends” hosts tried to cut him off.

President Donald Trump’s personal attorney appeared Friday morning on Fox News, where he expanded on the conspiracies that form the heart of the impeachment case against the president.

“All of a sudden Biden has announced the most important guy in Ukraine,

he is going to give out the money, then he hires Biden’s son,” Giuliani said.

“Do you know what happened in between? He made a deal with Biden, you be on board against (former president Petro) Poroshenko taking my company, when they move to take the company.

That’s when Biden came in and had the prosecutor fired, and within four months the crooked oligarch sitting with $5 billion comes back to the Ukraine, he is not prosecuted.

“Then we have got another bribe,” he said.

“You don’t think the president of the Ukraine shared in that $5 billion that the crook kept?”

“The bribe to the president of the Ukraine, the amount of money I can’t be absolutely sure of,” Giuliani said, stumbling enough to allow Doocy to finally cut in. “Let’s say well in excess of $10 million.”

I prosecuted too many corruption cases to sit by and watch my country sold out by a vice president who did it two other times, at least, in China.”

asked when Giuliani would provide proof of his claims.

“Today at noon I will give an introduction,” he said.

“Starting next week I will present witnesses, I have them all on tape.

We will reveal one at a time, we will show there were two bribes.

Not one, actually three.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/rudy-giuliani-spins-wild-ukraine-conspiracies-as-fox-friends-hosts-desperately-try-to-cut-him-off/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3569&re cip_id=298460&list_id=1

America's Ma.....niac

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-24-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dem leader calls McConnell’s bluff on Hunter Biden:

‘They have 53 votes’ but are afraid to call him

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/dem..._campaign=3569

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TRUMP DEFENSE TEAM SCRAMBLING TO FIND EXAMPLE OF LAW TRUMP DID NOT BREAK

WASHINGTON —Desperately trying to change the narrative after a week of damaging presentations,

Donald J. Trump’s defense team is scrambling to find an example of one law that Trump did not break, sources confirmed on Friday.

In concert with two of Jeffrey Epstein’s most prominent defenders, Alan Dershowitz and Kenneth Starr, Trump’s personal attorney Jay Sekulow has been

scouring federal, state, and municipal law books in the hopes of finding one statute that Trump, for whatever reason, did not violate.

“So far, no luck,” a source close to the defense team said.

If the attorneys do manage to find a law that Trump did not break,

that information will be “locked down” in a secure server to which Trump himself will not have access.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-defense-team-scrambling-to-find-example-of-law-trump-did-not-break

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Take her out!’

Leaked audio purportedly catches Trump demanding firing of Marie Yovanovitch

An audio recording that has been reviewed by ABC News purportedly catches President Donald Trump demanding the firing of former American ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch.

ABC News reports that

the recording was made by Igor Fruman,

the now-indicted henchman of Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who captured the president’s voice during a private dinner where he also met with Fruman’s co-conspirator, Lev Parnas.

Trump’s tirade against Yovanovitch came after both

Fruman and Parnas had informed the president that the ambassador was known to say nasty things about it,

which prompted Trump to demand her dismissal.

“Get rid of her!” a voice that is apparently Trump’s says in the recording.
    “Get her out tomorrow.
    I don’t care.
    Get her out tomorrow.
    Take her out.
    Okay? Do it.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/take-her-out-leaked-audio-purportedly-catches-trump-demanding-firing-of-marie-yovanovitch/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really no surprise here. After Trash is acquitted, his grifting, corruption, cheating plus all the efforts of the Repugs/oligarchy will go towards stealing the 2020 election, with huge enabling, assists from the corrupt ing CATHOLIC SCOTUS

Republicans aren’t serving the country, or even the president. Just themselves.

Watching Republican senators complain that there is “nothing new” in the case made by House impeachment managers,

while they are actively opposing the introduction of new evidence and new testimony, is confirmation of

barefaced bad faith.

elected Republicans are mainly serving, not the president, and certainly not the republic, but themselves.

This crime against democracy is compounded by the eagerness of Republicans to use impeachment as a fundraising opportunity and method to energize base voters.

The theory seems to be: If you are going to betray the cons utional order, you might as well profit from it.

Despite compelling evidence of wrongdoing and obstruction of justice in the Mueller report,

Trump largely escaped accountability Thanks, Nancy!

Give Trump an inch, and he’ll take Ukraine.

How has the president largely avoided the consequences of his corruption?

By employing the methods of
    his mentor Roy Cohn.

Admit nothing.
    Stonewall investigators.
    Defy subpoenas.
    Viciously attack opponents.
    Flood the zone with exculpatory lies.
    Feel no shame.
    Show no mercy.
    Claim anything short of prison to be complete exoneration.

the coverup is working.

Senate Republicans seem determined to cover up for Trump’s coverup.

The president is protected by layer upon layer of obfuscation, misdirection and deception.

the norms of truthfulness, public service and ethical behavior have given way.

the message has been sent to Trump and future iterations of Trump: Corruption has no consequence.

a danger to the country because success breeds replication.

Trump avoided accountability after the Mueller probe.

He is likely to avoid accountability for the Ukraine squeeze.

That leaves one last source of accountability — the election in November.

This will be a test, not of the Republican Party, but of the republic.

Will corruption, cruelty and coverups be excused and encouraged?

Or will the boundaries of integrity, honesty and public spirit be redrawn?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...455_story.html

Mission Accomplished, the "boundaries of integrity, honesty and public spirit be redrawn" have been obliterated, America is ed and un able.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Roberts comes face to face with the mess he made

He is forced to witness, with his own eyes, the mess he and his colleagues on the Supreme Court have made of the U.S. political system.

As representatives of all three branches of government attend this unhappy family reunion,

the living consequences of the Roberts Court’s decisions, and

their corrosive effect on democracy, are plain to see.

the Supreme Court released its Citizens United decision,

plunging the country into the era of super PACs and

unlimited, unregulated, secret campaign money from billionaires and foreign interests.

Citizens United, and the resulting rise of the super PAC, led directly to this impeachment.

The court’s 2013 ruling in Shelby County gutted the Voting Rights Act and spurred a new wave of voter suppression.

The decision in 2014′s
    McCutcheon further surrendered campaign finance to the wealthiest.

The 2018 Janus decision hobbled the ability of labor unions to counter wealthy donors, while

the 2019 Rucho ruling blessed partisan gerrymandering, expanding anti-democratic tendencies.

The consequences?

Falling confidence in government, and

a growing perception that Washington had become a “swamp”
    corrupted by political money, fueled Trump’s victory.

The Republican Party, weakened by the new dominance of outside money, couldn’t stop Trump’s hostile takeover of the party or

the takeover of the congressional GOP ranks by far-right candidates.

The new dominance of ideologically extreme outside groups and donors led lawmakers on

both sides

to give their patrons what they wanted: conflict over collaboration and purity at the cost of paralysis.

The various decisions also suppress the influence of poorer and non-white Americans and

extend the electoral power of Republicans in disproportion to the popular vote.

its rulings have worsened the pathologies — uncompromising views, mindless partisanship and vitriol — visible in this impeachment trial.

On the day the impeachment trial opened, the Roberts Court rejected a plea by Democrats to expedite its consideration of the latest legal attempt by Republicans to kill Obamacare.

The court sided with Republicans who opposed an immediate Supreme Court review because the GOP feared the ruling could hurt it if the decision came before the 2020 election.

John Paul Stevens, in his Citizens United dissent, wrote:

“Americans may be forgiven if they do not feel the Court has advanced the cause of self-government today.”

the new campaign finance system would be “incapable of dealing with the grave problems of democratic legitimacy.”

Now, we are in a crisis of democratic legitimacy:

A president who has plainly abused his office and broken the law,

a legislature too paralyzed to do anything about it — and

a chief justice coming face to face with the system he broke.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-mess-he-made/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Take her out!’

Leaked audio purportedly catches Trump demanding firing of Marie Yovanovitch

An audio recording that has been reviewed by ABC News purportedly catches President Donald Trump demanding the firing of former American ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch.

ABC News reports that

the recording was made by Igor Fruman,

the now-indicted henchman of Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who captured the president’s voice during a private dinner where he also met with Fruman’s co-conspirator, Lev Parnas.

Trump’s tirade against Yovanovitch came after both

Fruman and Parnas had informed the president that the ambassador was known to say nasty things about it,

which prompted Trump to demand her dismissal.

“Get rid of her!” a voice that is apparently Trump’s says in the recording.
    “Get her out tomorrow.
    I don’t care.
    Get her out tomorrow.
    Take her out.
    Okay? Do it.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/take-her-out-leaked-audio-purportedly-catches-trump-demanding-firing-of-marie-yovanovitch/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

I don't get it, Trump is asking Parnas and Fruman to fire the Ambassador?

How would that work?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How would that work?
    parnas sez trump gave that same order 4-5 times

ppl around trump

discarded his insanity and just pretended to listen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How would that work?
    We don't know who all was at the dinner with Don Trashyoney, with capos Fruman, Parnas, but capo Julie Annie was probably there and we know he was pushing the EU ambassador.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "internet" is saying "Senators heads on pikes" is jury tampering.

But the Repugs are already scared less of Trash's cult mob, including TSA's violent right wing commandos

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which five? The only two I can think of that are likely to lose in 2020 are Gardner and Collins. Of which one will be offset by Doug Jones' sure thing loss. Not sure how you're expecting the senate to be easy to flip.
    McSally, Joni Ernst and I thought Tom Tillis is very vulnerable in NC.

But you’re right, doing a double take, it’s more like 3 likely flips instead of the 5 I was thinking of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we can expect red team WILL NOT be going through a mul ude of historical examples of why the perfect phone call was in fact probably one of the most egregious assaults on efforts to create coequal branches of government by controlling the power of the president.

Impeachment was tailor made for this perfect phone call.
    The evidence behind the call shows the “in your face” power play.

Honest to god it seems like he wanted to be impeached and acquitted to gain more executive power.
    The 2020 election results will now be doubted which ever way they go if it is close. Fully 1/3 of the country still does not believe the Russians interfered in our elections.

Putin must have a huge smile going. This could not have worked out better; Relying on social media re edness of a democracy, pretty heady stuff. If we had tight government control over opinions we would not have to worry about the ignorance inherent in free speech as well as the disinformation that comes with it.
    wall of blah with a Russiagate bow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Republicans are gonna let Trump subvert the rule of law.....that's how cons utional republics end...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Republicans are gonna let Trump subvert the rule of law.....that's how cons utional republics end...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McSally, Joni Ernst and I thought Tom Tillis is very vulnerable in NC.

But you’re right, doing a double take, it’s more like 3 likely flips instead of the 5 I was thinking of.
    It wasn't like Sinema dominated McSally, she just barely took that race. Though it's certainly a winnable seat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't like Sinema dominated McSally, she just barely took that race. Though it's certainly a winnable seat.
    It was a fairly sizeable win. over 50% and 50k vote edge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Arizona_elections

Thank you Republicans for running her again.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a fairly sizeable win. over 50% and 50k vote edge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Arizona_elections

Thank you Republicans for running her again.
    Damn I didn't realize she had 2.4 points on McSally. A little bigger than Clinton's margin over Trump. I thought it was like 0.6 points or something. I guess it was when I quit paying attention to the results.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former House lawyer explains new recording from Trump would add another ‘abuse of power’ to impeachment

“I think it would be another important branch and sequel to the abuse of power allegation if the president used the office,

used his own authority to direct that a U.S. ambassador be either removed from that position

because she was standing in the way of his political agenda —

but it seems like, from the recording, possibly even that physical harm or threats to her should ensue,” said Bash.

Yovanovitch recalled during her testimony that

a State Department official told her that there were “threats to her security,”

and she had to “get on the next plane to Washington.”

Yovanovitch then asked where the threats were coming from and

the woman said
    “up the street,” meaning the White House.

Wallace noted that 70 percent of the American public wants to hear witnesses testify,

but Republicans are still refusing to allow it.

And after so much stonewalling on witnesses and do ents,

she said that the obstruction case proves itself.

“I believed that I needed Yovanovitch out of the way,” Giuliani told The New Yorker.

“She was going to make the investigations difficult for everybody.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/former-house-lawyer-explains-new-recording-from-trump-would-add-another-abuse-of-power-to-impeachment/

Repugs ing ing about "nothing new" from the Dem managers, while OBSTRUCTING anything new to be admitted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump displays ‘serious signs’ of cognitive deterioration as his impeachment trial ramps up

Trump’s comments about Thomas Edison sparked concerns about his mental health

among attorneys,

former government officials and

a Yale University psychiatrist.

Maya Wiley, a former attorney for the ACLU and NAACP, ... found Trump “both sad and disturbing.”

“To speak about Thomas Edison as if he is still alive is simply something that is scary,” Wiley aid.

Former federal prosecutor Joyce Vance agreed that “everything about this is extremely disturbing.”

he constantly engages in conduct that calls into question his fitness, if not his mental and physical condition,”

is a pressing concern that Congress needs to take seriously,

because the Cabinet, which would have some authority under the 25th Amendment to do something about it, apparently doesn’t.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trump-displays-serious-signs-of-cognitive-deterioration-as-his-impeachment-trial-ramps-up/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s circle ‘waking up’ to the fact that impeachment is putting him in danger

Trump’s defense team is “woefully unprepared” to defend him against the Democrats’ impeachment efforts against him,

“the dynamics of the Senate trial are clearly shifting in directions that are dangerous for the president,”

“Trump’s circle is waking up to the notion that impeachment is a serious drag on his campaign.”

One of those people suggesting that Trump move his rhetoric to the middle is his son-in-law and top adviser

Jared Kushner — who has reportedly been on the receiving end of Trump’s ire lately.

Trump is unhappy with Kushner’s recent Time cover story, which showed Kushner posing solemnly inside the magazine’s iconic red border,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trumps-circle-waking-up-to-the-fact-that-impeachment-is-putting-him-in-danger-report/

================

Jared Kushner’s New Time Magazine Cover Is Now A Brutal Meme

Rob Joyce@RobJoyce156

Jared Kushner’s TIME cover is what happens when you’re asked to customise your video game avatar and just select ‘default settings’ instead.
    ============

is JK slenderman?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jared-kushner-time-magazine-cover-meme_n_5e217d94c5b6321176118cf3

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deeply holy and under-pressure Christian Pompeo ain't gettin no help from Christ. Needs More Prayer

Pompeo heads to Ukraine after saying

‘Americans don’t ing care about’ them

— and the web won’t let him forget

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/pompeo-heads-to-ukraine-after-saying-americans-dont-expletive-care-about-them-and-the-web-wont-let-him-forget/

Thread Information