Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn i got ed with curry's broken hand... just dropped him after looking up how long a "broken hand" might take to heal and then seeing that he might be out 3 months. they aren't making the playoffs and i'm not looking for curry on minute restrictions when he gets back in feb or mar. ugh...
    Derrick Rose still available. Injury risk. But has higher ceiling with Reggie Jackson out for a month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick Rose still available. Injury risk. But has higher ceiling with Reggie Jackson out for a month.
    just looked up rose's stats and to my surprise i didn't realize he's been putting in so much work thus far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this might be a silly question but i'm new to this and tried googling it with no avail.....

does having players in your starting lineup hurt you if they have no games to play for the day? is it best to bench them and just leave their positions empty in the SL?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this might be a silly question but i'm new to this and tried googling it with no avail.....

does having players in your starting lineup hurt you if they have no games to play for the day? is it best to bench them and just leave their positions empty in the SL?
    Only way it hurts is if it blocks out a guy who could be playing. If there isn't a situation like that, you can leave them in the SL without worry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only way it hurts is if it blocks out a guy who could be playing. If there isn't a situation like that, you can leave them in the SL without worry.
    thanks for the reply buddy.

a couple more questions...

do you place players in the UTIL position if you can't fit them in the SL and if you want them collecting points as if they are in the SL?

the bench scores no points regardless right?

back to the UTIL, is it best to put multiple positions played players in there so you don't pigeon hold them into a certain position? (ex; Player 1 is a sg/sf/pf but there's only a spot for sg left in the SL yet i don't know what position he'll play that day so place him in the UTIL?)

and what is the use really of the additional G, F, and C positions? are those literally part of the SL too which in essence would make the SL 8 players deep instead of the norm which is 5 players?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for the reply buddy.

a couple more questions...

do you place players in the UTIL position if you can't fit them in the SL and if you want them collecting points as if they are in the SL?

the bench scores no points regardless right?

back to the UTIL, is it best to put multiple positions played players in there so you don't pigeon hold them into a certain position? (ex; Player 1 is a sg/sf/pf but there's only a spot for sg left in the SL yet i don't know what position he'll play that day so place him in the UTIL?)

and what is the use really of the additional G, F, and C positions? are those literally part of the SL too which in essence would make the SL 8 players deep instead of the norm which is 5 players?

Yes, players in the UTIL position score as if they were in their normal positions.

Yes, your bench scores no points.

It doesn't matter. They use it since many positions only have one slot (ex: you may have 3 SFs playing on the same night but only one SF spot and 1 F spot. You use the UTIL spot to play that third SF.)

I think my last answer also covered your last question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, players in the UTIL position score as if they were in their normal positions.

Yes, your bench scores no points.

It doesn't matter. They use it since many positions only have one slot (ex: you may have 3 SFs playing on the same night but only one SF spot and 1 F spot. You use the UTIL spot to play that third SF.)

I think my last answer also covered your last question.
    so i guess what i was really getting at with the last UTIL question was this...

bogdanovic is on my roster and is listed as sg/sf/pf. if i place him in lets say the sg position but he is actually playing as a pf does it matter? what i've been doing lately is moving him to UTIL so he can play either of the 3 positions he is listed at while placing others in those sg/sf/pf positions or leaving them open if there's no one available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tonight is going to be rough for my roster... i have almost no one playing today and my opponent is stacked for the day. ugh...

this is addictive and i'm a-ok with that since i really have no other vices anyhow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so i guess what i was really getting at with the last UTIL question was this...

bogdanovic is on my roster and is listed as sg/sf/pf. if i place him in lets say the sg position but he is actually playing as a pf does it matter? what i've been doing lately is moving him to UTIL so he can play either of the 3 positions he is listed at while placing others in those sg/sf/pf positions or leaving them open if there's no one available.

Nah, it doesn't matter as long as he's in the SL. PLayers who play multiple positions are the most valuable because you can play them in different spots. For example, Damian Lillard is listed strictly as a PG, so I can only play him at the PG, G, or UTIL spot. James Harden is listed as a PG/SG, so I can play him at PG, SG, G, or UTIL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, it doesn't matter as long as he's in the SL. PLayers who play multiple positions are the most valuable because you can play them in different spots. For example, Damian Lillard is listed strictly as a PG, so I can only play him at the PG, G, or UTIL spot. James Harden is listed as a PG/SG, so I can play him at PG, SG, G, or UTIL.
    thanks so much bud

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks so much bud
    Totally random, but want to say I have noticed a change in your demeanor around here and how you interact with people. It’s a positive change and I for one am happy about it. Don’t know if you recognize it, or it was intentional, but I am glad to see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally random, but want to say I have noticed a change in your demeanor around here and how you interact with people. It’s a positive change and I for one am happy about it. Don’t know if you recognize it, or it was intentional, but I am glad to see it.

i'm pretty chill if others are too and aren't just looking to troll the out of me.

as well, i am loving this fantasy bball stuff even though i'm falling behind. it's fun to learn and play with other ST members.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this poor thread keeps getting pushed further and further down the line...

i think i'm finally figuring out this fantasy bball stuff. i take it no one really trades players in a league of only 6? missing the draft screwed me bad from what i can see because the other 5 players rosters are stacked but some with all-stars that are out, injured, or other... pretty interesting game this fantasy bball is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally won 1 week of this fantasy bball but this week isn't looking so good for me. i got a decent team but the fire power on the other teams is untouchable. i got lucky my last opponent kept a bunch of injured players so i was able to rack up the points with 5-to-8 players a game while he/she ran 2-5 players a game. if only i was as lucky as last week.

here here to more fun with this fantasy league!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally won 1 week of this fantasy bball but this week isn't looking so good for me. i got a decent team but the fire power on the other teams is untouchable. i got lucky my last opponent kept a bunch of injured players so i was able to rack up the points with 5-to-8 players a game while he/she ran 2-5 players a game. if only i was as lucky as last week.

here here to more fun with this fantasy league!
    That was me tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got lucky... you have a great team and once those players come back from injury holy ! i was monitoring your adding/dropping of players to see how good my chances were and noticed you basically stood pat.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. In this format, based from my exp, trades don’t usually happen. Its the add/ drops and number of games that are usually important. Add in the fact that there are only 6 teams, making the free agent pool quite rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fact that there are only 6 teams, making the free agent pool quite rich.
    without that variable i'd be dead in the water considering i missed the draft. glad things went differently, though i doubt yall do, but having only 6 teams in this league is helping me catch onto this game and learn its in-and-outs. this fantasy bball is damn addictive too.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, there’s been lots of injuries and load management. That comes into play as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ugh i'm about 100pts behind rn at the end of this week... damnit! i'm hoping for a miracle vs such a powerhouse of a team like the one i'm up against. i have a chance to upset but who knows? i put myself in position last night for 6 games left instead of 5 vs my opponent who only has 3 so we'll see how it all pans out after all games are played today. our projections are 1460.40 (me) and 1477.15 (my opponent) but i think i positioned myself to beat the projected pts for my team; we'll see...

next week i'll be dead in the water from the get go. my next opponent's team is just ridiculously full of talent. see you tomorrow team USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    welp i lost this past week after all and i figured i would but didn't realize i'd do better than i imagined. i was shy 77pts from winning week5.

i picked up bertans at the tail end of week5 to help out but he was trash so i dumped him just now. this week though is going to be rough with my opponent running many players(all-stars) while i have many who aren't playing games and not enough player pickups(already used 1 of 4) on the table to make a difference. i have quite a few days this week with only 1 or 2 players playing games... ugh!

wish there was more involvement in this thread with the other guys playing in this league. it's quite fun!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-1 so far. My one loss was by less than 3 points.

Ingram and Booker have been beasts for me. Getting LeBron at 9 was a steal...but all it takes is a few injuries to up your squad.
    Last edited by Dex; 11-25-2019 at 06:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-1 so far. My one loss was by less than 3 points.

Ingram and Booker have been beasts for me so far...but all it takes is a few injuries to up your squad.
    yeah i had ayton and curry but one is a druggie and the other an injured player so i dumped both from the get go, well curry a week or 2 later when he broke his hand. wish those two were healthy and still on my team but whatever.

this past week was very exciting for me as i have gotten a good grasp on this fantasy bball game and am monitoring matchup games/players and adding/dropping players as needed.

you murdered me with doncic, ingram, and booker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i take it you're vandelay... i'm going to have some front row tickets to you kicking my ass this week.

btw, best damn name for a team.

Thread Information