Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of the "Cold as Balls Interview Series" with Kevin Hart. Talks a little bit about Pop around the 10 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqdVS20qZvY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes, YouTube, the technological miracle where every crazy got can do a freak show.

Interesting about Pop, tho. Sez DeMar, Pop's fundamental approach to his players is to tell them, " basketball." Raise your hand if you had already suspected that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly why this franchise went to . They run this basketball team like it's a mental health ins ution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly why this franchise went to . They run this basketball team like it's a mental health ins ution
    Gosh, I could have sworn it was because they lost four future HOFers - one who was in his prime and the cornerstone - in a span of 3 years!

Who thought caring about mental health issues was at fault?! Only the sleuths on ST knew the true reasoning....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These fans want headcases that get suspended gms an be in tech trouble. They want that "Nasty" all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These fans want headcases that get suspended gms an be in tech trouble. They want that "Nasty" all the time.
    I’d rather have that than the psycho depressed loser freak derozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha

Hart "have you ever thought about flipping kawhi off? F U Kawhi! (imitates laugh)"
    Derozan "no"

and derozans assessment on Pop is exactly what we always say. Derozan says that Pop is like "F*** Basketball. We are bigger than basketball. How are you doing as a person, how can I make you a better person?"
    Definitely sounds like a better life coach vs a basketball coach.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Pop genuinely cares for his players. having true love for your guys is extraordinary. But in the end, its about winning games. And when that stops happening then you gots to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha

Hart "have you ever thought about flipping kawhi off? F U Kawhi! (imitates laugh)"
    Derozan "no"

and derozans assessment on Pop is exactly what we always say. Derozan says that Pop is like "F*** Basketball. We are bigger than basketball. How are you doing as a person, how can I make you a better person?"
    Definitely sounds like a better life coach vs a basketball coach.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Pop genuinely cares for his players. having true love for your guys is extraordinary. But in the end, its about winning games. And when that stops happening then you gots to go.
    That's why he has kid gloves with LMA and DDR...He is afraid of fracturing their fragile egos...it's also why he plays Forbes unreal minutes...that's his pet project

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop probably came to this conclusion 110% finally after his wife passed... i don't blame him but if bball isn't life to a basketball player let alone a coach then it's time to hang it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds to me like Pop would be better off coaching college kids or even HS kids. Telling them that sports aren't everything, there is more to life than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of the "Cold as Balls Interview Series" with Kevin Hart. Talks a little bit about Pop around the 10 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqdVS20qZvY
    His salary is bigger than his ability to play basketball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop can always stop by and being their motivational speaker for altruism and self care, but why not pick someone hungry for a le to coach this team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he meant he is literally bigger than a basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop probably came to this conclusion 110% finally after his wife passed... i don't blame him but if bball isn't life to a basketball player let alone a coach then it's time to hang it up.
    nah he's been saying that type of before she passed away. I think it's an after effect of 2014

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah he's been saying that type of before she passed away. I think it's an after effect of 2014
    i remember the same but i always thought it was more of a passing statement... these days i truly believe pop buys into it. he's not mistaken but when you are paid millions to do that job then bball is life.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want your boss to be all about work and drill your ass 24/7? Or do you think you'd be a more productive/loyal employee if your boss was respected but cared about your well being. Name a single drill sergeant coach that has made it in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want your boss to be all about work and drill your ass 24/7? Or do you think you'd be a more productive/loyal employee if your boss was respected but cared about your well being. Name a single drill sergeant coach that has made it in the NBA.
    if i was making millions my boss can be whatever as long as i am still taking millions home at the end of the yr. these kids need to learn to grow the up and deal with it because it's either millions pushing a ball in the hoop or mcdonalds.

Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is a parade of emo imbecility.

Pop has been awful this season, without a doubt. I hope he retires this year and Becky gets the job. But for so many people here, that isn’t enough. Now the revision is that Pop has always been an awful coach. That’s a huge stretch. It’s not even a leap of logic. It’s all emotion twisting everyone’s mind into this warped narrative.

Strange year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is a parade of emo imbecility.

Pop has been awful this season, without a doubt. I hope he retires this year and Becky gets the job. But for so many people here, that isn’t enough. Now the revision is that Pop has always been an awful coach. That’s a huge stretch. It’s not even a leap of logic. It’s all emotion twisting everyone’s mind into this warped narrative.

Strange year.
    There are quite a few stupid Spur's fans on here. But they also troll, so there's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sounds to me like Pop would be better off coaching college kids or even HS kids. Telling them that sports aren't everything, there is more to life than that.
    This. These are grown men playing a ball game. Just try to win some games FFS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His balls are not bigger then basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the circle jerk crew go with their moronic narrative, homie. Pop is doing a piss-poor job to end his coaching career, but these clowns on ST couldn't coach coach a preschool team let alone a NBA team full of egos and self interests.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No body had to tell this guy "We're bigger than basketball"

That's why HE is the GOAT and his coach is a coat tailing Con Man

only idiots like Demar Lamar Eat up that Bull he Spews.

remember "it hurts" somebody wrote around here.
    Sure, the greatest coach in the team's history is a "con man." You are a special kind of stupid if you don't think Pop played a huge part in Timmy being great or having the longevity that he had.

if i was making millions my boss can be whatever as long as i am still taking millions home at the end of the yr. these kids need to learn to grow the up and deal with it because it's either millions pushing a ball in the hoop or mcdonalds.
    Oh, look. The imbecile of ST somehow think his life cir stances somehow equates to the lives and careers of a professional athlete or coach.

The only options for them ALL is the NBA or McDonald's, sure. They don't need a drill sergeant which is why a guy like Bob Knight would never have made it in the NBA. Pop in his early days was the closest to that behavior or mindset, but even he had enough sense to also care about the person too.

The team's fall from grace isn't about it becoming "bigger than basketball" (something Pop has been saying since the early 2010's), but the fact that we've replaced championship, HOF talent with guys that are way, way below that level. As well as being hamstrung by the cap, not being a "destination" city and making few impact moves in free agency (minus Aldridge).

happens.....
    Last edited by J_Paco; 12-18-2019 at 11:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let the circle jerk crew go with their moronic narrative, homie. Pop is doing a piss-poor job to end his coaching career, but these clowns on ST couldn't coach coach a preschool team let alone a NBA team full of egos and self interests.
    And I bet neither of the mean girls in this thread thinks their job is bigger than everything else in life.

In before the "but but that's because I work for peanuts and not for millions" bull .

Thread Information