How? I guess it helps to have a player to root for. I'm rooting for Le'Veon Bell and Aaron Rodgers

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    You just need to watch games and if it clicks with you then you'll pick it up, tbh. The favorite teams and players follow

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bet money on it

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    95% of NFL fans do Fantasy football

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    95% of NFL fans do Fantasy football
    ^ this guy knows his football that he hates so much

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ^ this guy knows his football that he hates so much
    At different times NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, UEFA, CBB, CFB have all been my favorite leagues to watch. I know the sports landscape well

How? I guess it helps to have a player to root for. I'm rooting for Le'Veon Bell and Aaron Rodgers
    Invite some SpursTalk posters and moderators over and every time there is a score, do something.

Same for interceptions.
    And fumbles.

You just need to watch games and if it clicks with you then you'll pick it up, tbh. The favorite teams and players follow
    Which sport do you think is more entertaining? Football or Basketball?

Sometimes football doesn't grab my attention and I get bored. Partially because I'm still unfamiliar with this sport.

Football highlights on youtube are pretty damn entertaining though

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    At different times NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, UEFA, CBB, CFB have all been my favorite leagues to watch. I know the sports landscape well
    Yes we all know how you keep up with the NFL which you hate so much

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Sometimes football doesn't grab my attention and I get bored. Partially because I'm still unfamiliar with this sport.

If you sit through a three hour game with all the commercials, yeah it can be boring.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If you sit through a three hour game with all the commercials, yeah it can be boring.
    with the early slate of sunday games, you never have to sit through because there's always other games going on when your primary is on commercial. thus the early slate of games is like freshman year of college. when your chick is on her period there's always others lining up to open their legs for you t'night.

with MNF, TNF and SNF it can get stale though, usually SNF games are some of the best matchups, but it's more analogous to being married in a country town imo

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

If you like the NBA, you won't have any issues with the showboating, trash talk and grown men dancing that is prevalent in today's NFL.

There was a time not too long ago that if you pulled that stuff you'd get physically knocked out the game on the following snap

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count

It gets more fun when you understand the game, but action is in bursts. Basketball has a nice pace of relatively constant action, but football is far more intense when it gets going. I like football more, less predictable but it can get boring.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    with the early slate of sunday games, you never have to sit through because there's always other games going on when your primary is on commercial. thus the early slate of games is like freshman year of college. when your chick is on her period there's always others lining up to open their legs for you t'night.

with MNF, TNF and SNF it can get stale though, usually SNF games are some of the best matchups, but it's more analogous to being married in a country town imo
    Oh I didn't know you could pick up nfl games in middle Earth

Keep on watching the game so that you will be familiar on how it works and who are the players/teams to root for. From their you will enjoy watching it and who knows maybe you may want to place a bet in the future and win a couple of bucks.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    OP, if you find the play boring then check out the show 'RedZone' on NFLnetwork. They hop between games focusing on scoring opportunities. Half the fans are watching this once their crappy teams are out of contention.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Oh I didn't know you could pick up nfl games in middle Earth
    The ProudFeet are among the richest class clans in the Shire LMAO. Gotta reread those Tolkien novels and not just watch the movies

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    just start watching games tbh. dont choose old past their prime guys like rodgers/bell to start your fanhood tbh

you'll get stuck with awful packers/jets teams in the near future

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    just start watching games tbh. dont choose old past their prime guys like rodgers/bell to start your fanhood tbh

you'll get stuck with awful packers/jets teams in the near future
    Honestly, my best advice for a new fan without a team is to start rooting for Mahomes.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    You ought to try to watch it with someone that's already a huge football fans. Girls watching always ask questions and they get even more into the game as they get it

Thread Information