Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    If it weren't for Russia doing the heavy lifting in World War 2 the Nazis would have won the war.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it weren't for Russia doing the heavy lifting in World War 2 the Nazis would have won the war.
    Spurious.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany with the atom bomb instead of the USSR would have been a preferable solution to what we ended up with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Continues the tradition of massively underrating Robinson and overrating Kobe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany with the atom bomb instead of the USSR would have been a preferable solution to what we ended up with.
    In what scenario? Are you implying if they got bomb before the US and USSR or just before the USSR got it?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what scenario? Are you implying if they got bomb before the US and USSR or just before the USSR got it?
    after the US, before the USSR. The Nazis were the lesser of the two evils with the USSR. At least Hitler wasn't communist

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

Where was David Robinson in the Houston series (1995 Western Conference Finals)? He got eaten alive by Hakeem Olajuwon that whole series. They asked me to guard Olajuwon, and I refused. Bob Hill came up to me and asked if I would take Hakeem in the first half, and I said no. I would have taken him in the second half, but not the first. Any coach will tell you you don’t put your best defensive player on the other team’s best offensive player in the first half. You put it all on the line in the second half. That’s how it worked with Chuck Daly in Detroit, and I know that’s how Phil Jackson feels in Chicago.

What you try to do is contain the guy in the first half and make sure your best defensive player doesn’t get into foul trouble early. You’ve got be physical with Hakeem, and I’m no good if I’ve got three or four fouls in the first half. Then every time I touch somebody, it’s a foul. Against Los Angeles in the semifinals I couldn’t touch Elden Campbell without being called for a foul, and Elden Campbell doesn’t get the breaks from the refs like Hakeem does. So if you want me to guard him in the second, half, fine

David got into foul trouble against Hakeem just by falling down. David asked me for help, and I told him right to his ing face, “I am not going down there.” I was not going to help him. He didn’t say anything to me, because there was nothing he could say. Before those games, he looked so f**king scared in the locker room, he couldn’t stop shaking.

They asked me to double-team Olajuwon, and I refused. The way the defense was drawn up, there was no way I was going to be able to get back down inside when my man was at the top of the key or way out on the baseline. The defense didn’t make sense, and I told Bob Hill this. He just looked at me and said, “This is the defense we’re going to run.”
    In practice every day Coach Hill would say “David, you think you can play Olajuwon straight up?” David would just shrug and say, “You all can come down and help if you want.” Never once did he say he could take him by himself. This guy was the MVP of the league, and they were paying him $8 million a year. He needed to step up and at least say he could do it by himself. He was supposed to be the one leading this team.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mrs Robinson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Total bull . Rodman didn’t double not out of principle he did it out of spite from being called out of his boneheaded play at the end of game one.

Robinson was singling Hakeem every game and rodman was supposed to be guarding Horry, which he didn’t do.

Only in the states would there be enough morons to believe a guy who is known to be mentally unstable and called that fat Korean dictator bff.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mario Elie (who played on the Rockets that season), Avery Johnson, Doc Rivers, and Sean Elliott have all stated that Rodman's account is false. And David has taken the higher road and chosen not to disparage Rodman.

But sure, let's believe a liar (last time I saw him in Aventura Florida, he was kicked out of the golf course for drunken loitering).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.foxsports.com/nba/galler...history-100716

Another list that ranked Robinson pretty high, and this was done in 2017, so players like Durant would likely move up the list, and Curry would likely make the list somehow if ran today.

25. Barkley - A little low in my opinion. Barkley was absolutely dominant for a few years, and he had some horrible teammates in Philly. The issue with him is that he stops the ball on offense, and his defense is suspect.
    24. Baylor - One of the more underrated old time players, the first sky walker in the league.
    23. Reggie Miller - I think the author is crazy, and I never understood why anybody like Miller that much. He was never the best player in the NBA, ever, and I can't even rank him as one of the top 5 players in the NBA at any point. How he could be top 25 is a mystery to me.
    22. Durant - One of the most hateable players in the league, but his game is just dynamic. He's moving up this list
    21. Dirk - I would say about right, maybe should be slightly higher, but really splitting hairs
    20. Stockton - Where's Isiah?
    19. Malone - Should be ranked below Stockton
    18. Garnett - He is great, but he was never meant to carry a team to glory. His offensive game just got too many holes
    17. Wade - Likely a little high, riding one le run (controversial one at that)
    16. Pippen - good to see Pippen getting some love. He is like a perimeter version of Garnett.
    15. Dr. J - His game is lovely, but his impact is minimal
    14. West - Bridesmaid, but again, he went up against the most loaded teams of all time
    13. Robinson - this is a little high even for me, just based on results. His injuries also meant he didn't have much of a prime (5 or 6 years), but from a carrying his team perspective, he was second to none. He had worse teammates than most and carried them as far as humanly possible.
    12. Kobe - About right, but layers between 11 to 22 can be moved around. His legacy takes him over the top though, pretty much the polar opposite of Robinson
    11. Big O - Modern day Westbrook
    10. Hakeem - His stock, strangely, rose the most AFTER he retired
    9. Bird - a little low if you ask me, probably ranked 6 or 7
    8. Wilt - Tough to rate, but when he had great teammates, he dominated
    7. Russell - benefitted greatly from being on the most loaded team of all time
    6. Magic - I would say Bird > Magic, but again, splitting hairs
    5. Duncan - A little lowish, but his genius will never be appreciated, and his ranking will only drop from this point on as he was a Spur
    4. Shaq - It is hard to argue Shaq > Duncan overall. Shaq burned brighter due to his dominance on offense, but when you look at it objectively, Duncan was as good on offense (maybe slightly worse), but much better on D
    3. Cap - Hard to grade, his younger years was crazily good, but his older years tend to be overrated
    2. Lebron - His stock will drop as the years go on. Him playing on the Lakers will give him a boost much like all Lakers
    1. Jordan - Overrated, even though he's still the GOAT by most measures, but people make it out as some inarguable law is ridiculous. Jordan was difficult to build around, and if not for Pippen, Jordan wouldn't be Jordan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Robinson is barely a top 40 player

disrespectfu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.foxsports.com/nba/galler...history-100716

Another list that ranked Robinson pretty high, and this was done in 2017, so players like Durant would likely move up the list, and Curry would likely make the list somehow if ran today.

25. Barkley - A little low in my opinion. Barkley was absolutely dominant for a few years, and he had some horrible teammates in Philly. The issue with him is that he stops the ball on offense, and his defense is suspect.
    24. Baylor - One of the more underrated old time players, the first sky walker in the league.
    23. Reggie Miller - I think the author is crazy, and I never understood why anybody like Miller that much. He was never the best player in the NBA, ever, and I can't even rank him as one of the top 5 players in the NBA at any point. How he could be top 25 is a mystery to me.
    22. Durant - One of the most hateable players in the league, but his game is just dynamic. He's moving up this list
    21. Dirk - I would say about right, maybe should be slightly higher, but really splitting hairs
    20. Stockton - Where's Isiah?
    19. Malone - Should be ranked below Stockton
    18. Garnett - He is great, but he was never meant to carry a team to glory. His offensive game just got too many holes
    17. Wade - Likely a little high, riding one le run (controversial one at that)
    16. Pippen - good to see Pippen getting some love. He is like a perimeter version of Garnett.
    15. Dr. J - His game is lovely, but his impact is minimal
    14. West - Bridesmaid, but again, he went up against the most loaded teams of all time
    13. Robinson - this is a little high even for me, just based on results. His injuries also meant he didn't have much of a prime (5 or 6 years), but from a carrying his team perspective, he was second to none. He had worse teammates than most and carried them as far as humanly possible.
    12. Kobe - About right, but layers between 11 to 22 can be moved around. His legacy takes him over the top though, pretty much the polar opposite of Robinson
    11. Big O - Modern day Westbrook
    10. Hakeem - His stock, strangely, rose the most AFTER he retired
    9. Bird - a little low if you ask me, probably ranked 6 or 7
    8. Wilt - Tough to rate, but when he had great teammates, he dominated
    7. Russell - benefitted greatly from being on the most loaded team of all time
    6. Magic - I would say Bird > Magic, but again, splitting hairs
    5. Duncan - A little lowish, but his genius will never be appreciated, and his ranking will only drop from this point on as he was a Spur
    4. Shaq - It is hard to argue Shaq > Duncan overall. Shaq burned brighter due to his dominance on offense, but when you look at it objectively, Duncan was as good on offense (maybe slightly worse), but much better on D
    3. Cap - Hard to grade, his younger years was crazily good, but his older years tend to be overrated
    2. Lebron - His stock will drop as the years go on. Him playing on the Lakers will give him a boost much like all Lakers
    1. Jordan - Overrated, even though he's still the GOAT by most measures, but people make it out as some inarguable law is ridiculous. Jordan was difficult to build around, and if not for Pippen, Jordan wouldn't be Jordan
    This is some of the most re ed Homeristic butthurt silly takes I've ever read. You post as if you have intimate knowledge of these people inside and outside of the game but you're just focusing on the Spurs as being great and everyone else is not. That's the synopsis of your entire assessment.
    You call Kareem and Michael overrated. It just makes absolutely no sense when there's no two players in the game that were ever better than them.

I mean to call Michael Jordan overrated is like you have this imaginary perfect player that Jordan is aspiring to be but Jordan is that player so how could he be overrated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is some of the most re ed Homeristic butthurt silly takes I've ever read. You post as if you have intimate knowledge of these people inside and outside of the game but you're just focusing on the Spurs as being great and everyone else is not. That's the synopsis of your entire assessment.
    You call Kareem and Michael overrated. It just makes absolutely no sense when there's no two players in the game that were ever better than them.

I mean to call Michael Jordan overrated is like you have this imaginary perfect player that Jordan is aspiring to be but Jordan is that player so how could he be overrated?
    Your logic is nowhere close to as good as you think it is.

Rethink that Jordan take for a second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your logic is nowhere close to as good as you think it is.

Rethink that Jordan take for a second.
    I don't need to. We don't compare Jordan to some imaginary "better than Jordan" player. So if he's rated 1, even according to you, how is he overrated? There's no higher rating.

You say Lebron's stock will drop as years go on, but that playing for the Lakers will give him a boost. Make up your mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't need to. We don't compare Jordan to some imaginary "better than Jordan" player. So if he's rated 1, even according to you, how is he overrated? There's no higher rating.

You say Lebron's stock will drop as years go on, but that playing for the Lakers will give him a boost. Make up your mind.
    Saying someone is number one and saying someone cannot he challenged as number one, in something as subjective as ranking players are two different things.

As for Lebron, he will be given a boost short term because he’s a laker vs his stock dropping in the long term because of how overrated he is now aren’t even the same things. Yet you and your ginormous hands can’t tell that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saying someone is number one and saying someone cannot he challenged as number one, in something as subjective as ranking players are two different things.

As for Lebron, he will be given a boost short term because he’s a laker vs his stock dropping in the long term because of how overrated he is now aren’t even the same things. Yet you and your ginormous hands can’t tell that.
    If you think he can be challenged then why don't you challenge him? Put someone else at number one and justify why they are better. If you can't do that then how can you say that he could be challenged?

It's stupid to list someone at number one and then say he's overrated. There's no way around that one.

No one else on your list is better than him according to you. You said LeBron is going to get worse but then you say is going to get better so it's hard to say what you really mean. Perhaps you think some magical futuristic basketball player will be better than Michael but no one will give him credit. It hasn't happened yet. If it does happen then you can say Michael is overrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think he can be challenged then why don't you challenge him? Put someone else at number one and justify why they are better. If you can't do that then how can you say that he could be challenged?

It's stupid to list someone at number one and then say he's overrated. There's no way around that one.

No one else on your list is better than him according to you. You said LeBron is going to get worse but then you say is going to get better so it's hard to say what you really mean. Perhaps you think some magical futuristic basketball player will be better than Michael but no one will give him credit. It hasn't happened yet. If it does happen then you can say Michael is overrated.
    Kareem, Duncan, Magic, and even Bird all have an argument. I would put him #1, but to say he cannot be challenged is to overrate him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem, Duncan, Magic, and even Bird all have an argument. I would put him #1, but to say he cannot be challenged is to overrate him.
    So you would put him at one but he's overrated. Ok.. lol

Those you mentioned aren't going to get better. If he's at 1 now, how do you expect him to be challenged by those on your list lower than him? If there's someone else in the game today who can challenge, why aren't they on your list?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you would put him at one but he's overrated. Ok.. lol

Those you mentioned aren't going to get better. If he's at 1 now, how do you expect him to be challenged by those on your list lower than him? If there's someone else in the game today who can challenge, why aren't they on your list?
    I’m not sure if you are feigning re ation or actually are a re .

Thread Information