Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still believe one or more foreign governments has kompromat on Dennison, but at this point I would believe he's so stupid that he would betray the Kurds and ruin what was left of the US reputation in the region just to get Erdogan off the phone.
    you might be right - and it would not shock me-

but i think the idiot has accomplished something bordering on genius- knowingly or unknowingly;

he has “jedi mind- ed” the media, democrats, republicans, cult members, the DOJ- ing everyone-

into treating his behavior as if it was coming from a 5 year old child.

Every thing he does - Gets a pass and everyone scrambles to invent a reason why maybe he didnt “understand” his blatant criminality/ ery

he knows exactly what he is doing
    he knows exactly what laws he broke when he conspired with russia
    (he knew exactly how to manipulate rosenstein and barr into tying muellers hands)
    he knows exactly how much he profited from the saudis $$$ when he protected the saudi murderer
    he knows exactly why he cannot show his taxes
    he knows exactly why he cannot allow congress to have any witness, any do ent, any testimony

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like with "butter emails" and "benghazi",

Biden/son "corruption" case is fabricated bull , slander, by Repugs and all The Usual Suspects in the rightwing hate media, to attack Trash's probably candidate.

The real corruption is with Trash and his mafiya, with his corrupt capo Julie Annie working with even more corrupt Ukraine criminals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manafort and Giuliani both work(ed) for Trump without pay, one wonders what's in it for them.

Be advised that Messrs. Parnas and Fruman assisted Mr. Giuliani in connection with his representation of President Trump. Mr. Parnas and Mr. Fruman have also been represented by Mr. Giuliani in connection with their personal and business affairs. They also assisted Joseph DiGenova and Victoria Toensing in their law practice. Thus, certain information you seek in your September 30, 2019, letter is protected by the attorney-client, attorney work product and other privileges.
    https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/10/1...e-russian-mob/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manafort and Giuliani both work(ed) for Trump without pay, one wonders what's in it for them.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/10/1...e-russian-mob/
    both were in the "selling influence and access" games before Trash was a candidate, working in the seedy corrupt seams of international business, esp Julie Annie building on his 9/11 America's Mayor fairy tale (ask NYFD).

I assume both were counting on being associated with so-called President Trash to continue their corrupt influence/access scams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team Trump’s efforts to spin Mulvaney’s quid pro quo confession are not going well

Mick Mulvaney and Mike Pompeo had a rough go of it on the Sunday news shows.

Trump White House has had
    difficulty finding a cohesive response to House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry,

but acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney had a particularly rough time on Fox News on Sunday

his efforts to spin those comments, ...
    were still laughably weak.

Mulvaney insisted, absurdly, that he did not in fact confirm there was a quid pro quo with Ukraine because he didn’t literally use the phrase “quid pro quo.”

“Reporters will use their language all the time, so, my language never said ‘quid pro quo,’”

there’s no denying he confirmed there was one.

What is problematic, however, is why the administration held up the aid.

Mulvaney’s comments seemed to confirm the

Trump administration hijacked foreign policy

into something akin to an opposition research operation for the president’s reelection campaign

by trying to get the Ukrainian government to investigate
    conspiracy theories involving Democrats and the Bidens.

The comments also

lent credence to a whistleblower complaint about Trump’s dealings with Ukraine that resulted in an impeachment inquiry.

https://www.vox.com/2019/10/21/20924687/mick-mulvaney-fox-news-sunday-ukraine-quid-pro-quo-mike-pompeo-this-week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VOX!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN’s Toobin says all evidence points to Trump running an extortion scheme for political dirt

even the evidence Trump himself has put forward to the public voluntarily.

, if it begins with the call from Putin, but there certainly is a lot of activity, a lot of dominos falling.”

“Especially when you combine this with what’s come out in the depositions in Congress,”

there is all this activity led by Giuliani, which is about, you know, limiting our cooperation with the new president unless he comes across with the dirt on Biden. So it’s all going on at the same time.”

But the thing about all the evidence is that it all fits together.

I mean, it all fits together in an explanation that

the president just didn’t want anything to do with Ukraine unless they could come across with dirt, and

every piece of evidence that has come forward in the depositions and certainly in the partial transcript that we’ve all seen many times,

it all points in the same direction.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/cnns-toobin-says-all-evidence-points-to-trump-running-an-extortion-scheme-for-political-dirt/
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-21-2019 at 11:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RAWSTORY!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vladimir Putin helped convince Trump to sour on Ukraine

Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin successfully convinced President Donald Trump to turn on Ukraine

“President Trump’s effort to pressure Ukraine for information he could use against political rivals came

as he was being urged to adopt a hostile view of that country by its regional adversaries,

including Russian President Vladi#mir Putin,”

“Trump’s conversations with Putin, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban and others

reinforced his perception of Ukraine as a hopelessly corrupt country —

one that Trump now also appears to believe sought to undermine him in the 2016 U.S. election, the officials said,”

their disparaging depictions of Ukraine reinforced Trump’s perceptions of the country and

fed a dysfunctional dynamic in which

White House officials struggled to persuade Trump to support the fledgling government in Kyiv instead of exploiting it for political purposes,”

the role of Putin and Orban was described in closed-door congressional testimony by former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent.

“Kent cited the influence of those leaders as a factor that helped sour Trump on Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in the months leading up to their July 25 phone call

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/vladimir-putin-helped-convince-trump-to-sour-on-ukraine-report/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/putin-and-hungarys-orban-helped-sour-trump-on-ukraine/2019/10/21/a0af1e9c-f40b-11e9-ad8b-85e2aa00b5ce_story.html

Trash in his ignorance is such a pushover for much more sophisticated operators who twiddle him around their little fingers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump ambassador Gordon Sondland could face a criminal perjury referral after bombs testimony

the possibility that U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland may have broken the law in his previous testimony to Congress.

Sondland, who texts show was a key figure in Trump’s efforts to get Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, downplayed his role and his knowledge of the scheme in testimony to lawmakers last week.

If he lied in this testimony, he could be open to criminal charges.

And after hearing Taylor’s testimony on Tuesday, some Democrats were sent signals that Sondland’s testimony may now be in doubt.

“After today, Mr. Sondland is going to have some explaining to do,”

“One Democrat lawmaker says Amb. Sondland may indeed be facing a criminal referral for perjury.”

Taylor’s testimony placed Sondland much more at the center of the Ukraine scheme than Sondland himself had indicated.

It does seem that Sondland tried to skirt around the truth with his statement.

Perhaps the most dangerous territory for Sondland is when

he claimed he does not “recall taking part in any effort to encourage an investigation into the Bidens.”

Taylor’s testimony strongly indicated that Sondland did repeatedly take part in this effort.

etc

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru..._campaign=2779

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like RAWSTORY!!! got it more or less right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's quite the coincidence

While questions in Washington swirl around Shokin's role in this controversy, Giuliani, Parnas, Fruman had specific plans for the former Ukrainian official up until the day of their arrest. According to those four sources, they told others they were headed to Vienna to help with a planned interview the next day: Shokin, they said, was scheduled to do an interview from the Austrian capital with Sean Hannity.
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/10/23/p...ani/index.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump had a third unofficial source of Ukraine do ents—a former aide to Devin Nunes

Kashyap Patel ... he’s high on Donald Trump’s list of favorites.

He may also represent another back channel to Ukraine who, like Rudy Giuliani,

was feeding Trump a stream of misinformation and conspiracy theories designed to warp U.S. policy.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/10/23/1894547/-Trump-had-a-third-unofficial-source-of-Ukraine-do ents-a-former-aide-to-Devin-Nunes

============

White House Aides Feared That Trump Had Another Ukraine Back Channel

Senior national security officials grew concerned about Kash Patel,

a colleague who had been involved in Republicans’ efforts to undermine the Russia investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/23/u...l-ukraine.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pentagon official corroborated damning quid-pro-quo testimony against Trump

Pentagon official Laura Cooper testified on Wednesday at the House of Representatives’ impeachment inquiry, and one reporter says that

she largely corroborated the damning testimony delivered by ambassador Bill Taylor.

Kate Brannen, the managing editor at Just Security and a former reporter at Foreign Policy and Politico, says her

sources claim that Cooper told House investigators that

“there was unanimous support from Trump’s Cabinet and the interagency to supply Ukraine with security assistance”

but “the White House withheld it anyway.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/pen..._campaign=2797

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    William Barr must recuse himself from Ukraine probe, New York City Bar Association says

The Bar Association, in a statement Wednesday laying out its case for recusal, said:

"As White House records made clear, the president told his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelensky, that Mr. Barr

"would be in touch with him" to follow up on the president's requests.

The whistleblower found this telephone call to be of "urgent concern"

because of the president's apparent intermingling of U.S. foreign policy interests with his personal political interests in apparent violation of U.S. law."

the association raised concerns about whether Barr had knowledge of promises made by Trump in the phone call.

In addition, the association said

Barr "was obligated to recuse himself from any involvement in DOJ's review of either the whistleblower complaint of the substance of the president's actions

once the president offered Mr. Barr's services to President Zelensky."

Barr's Office of Legal Counsel (OLC), ... advised ...

to forgo forwarding the whistleblower's complaint to Congress,

despite Michael Atkinson, intelligence community inspector general, saying it was credible and of “urgent concern."

Barr "appears to have participated in the DOJ review of the whistleblower's complaint and

its decision not to forward that complaint to Congress" and

his failure to recuse himself endangers the DOJ's "impartiality in the investigation of the Ukraine Matter."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wil...sociation-says

Any bets whether Tom Hagen recuses his ing corrupt self? Trash wouldn't be happy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giuliani finally seeks criminal defense attorney, and former prosecutors say he’s gonna need one

On Oct. 15, Rudolph W. Giuliani, the personal attorney of Donald J. Trump,

released a statement saying that he was refusing to comply with a congressional subpoena and that

he would not participate in the impeachment inquiry.

The letter was signed by his then-attorney, John Sale, but

Giuliani noted that Sale would no longer be representing him, and that, furthermore,

he didn’t need an attorney at all.

He even said it was
    “silly” to think he would need one.

the former mayor is actively shopping for a criminal defense attorney after all.

And he’s going to need a good one,

because his legal troubles related to his work in Ukraine and his efforts to interfere in the 2020 election are mounting.

Former U.S. attorneys Barbara McQuade and Joyce Vance made the case against Giuliani in

a mock indictment outlined at
    justsecurity.org.
    Based on the evidence and testimony presented thus far,

McQuade and Vance believe there are three serious charges Giuliani could face:

conspiracy to defraud the United States;

conspiracy to commit bribery; and

contempt of Congress.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/10/24/1894811/-Giuliani-finally-seeks-criminal-defense-attorney-and-former-prosecutors-say-he-s-gonna-need-one?detail=emaildkre

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hunter Biden Cries When Asked About Ukraine Corruption

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump angrily insisted

he was smart enough

to do a crime with Ukraine:

‘I would’ve done the damn quid pro quo’

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/tru...-quid-pro-quo/

He actually did the qpq and still isn't "smart enough" to know it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump doesn't get that when you become the gangster, in fact the global gangster par excellence, the President of the USA...

...you don't have to act like a gangster anymore.

Trump is bad at this game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash figures that his pressure/extortion of Z for political delivery against Biden was not wrong, because that's how he has always worked, and now he's President, a billionaire, so what's the problem?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Transcript Of Trump Call Was Moved To Secure Server After Aide Voiced Concerns

White House lawyer John Eisenberg reportedly suggested the call be placed on a server usually reserved for highly classified intelligence.

moved to a highly secure server usually reserved for state secrets

usually reserved for code-word level intelligence but not transcripts of diplomatic discussions.

The Post noted that the account was the first direct link between Eisenberg and the decision to store the transcript on the server.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...wsltushpmgnews

Eisenberg recognized Trash's perfect call was a Federal crime that had to be COVERED UP

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you might be right - and it would not shock me-

but i think the idiot has accomplished something bordering on genius- knowingly or unknowingly;

he has “jedi mind- ed” the media, democrats, republicans, cult members, the DOJ- ing everyone-

into treating his behavior as if it was coming from a 5 year old child.

Every thing he does - Gets a pass and everyone scrambles to invent a reason why maybe he didnt “understand” his blatant criminality/ ery

he knows exactly what he is doing
    he knows exactly what laws he broke when he conspired with russia
    (he knew exactly how to manipulate rosenstein and barr into tying muellers hands)
    he knows exactly how much he profited from the saudis $$$ when he protected the saudi murderer
    he knows exactly why he cannot show his taxes
    he knows exactly why he cannot allow congress to have any witness, any do ent, any testimony
    Sorry.
    Things DO NOT get a pass if you are ignorant AND President.
    If he knew exactly what he was doing with Ukraine, he had no clue about the possible consequences. Releasing and admitting that he had performed the act was the height of punching oneself in the face. He royally ed up. Just because he now has his party scrambling for him does not mean he is a brilliant strategist.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every politican who has family and friends fall into cushy jobs should be scrutinized.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every politican who has family and friends fall into cushy jobs should be scrutinized.
    yawn, corruption in the political/business class is what make them become politicians and businesspeople. MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY

Insider dealing by Congress was legal until a few years ago, but I'm sure Trash, the Exec branch, and Congress are passing insider info to proxies.

Some traders who won huge bets on Trash's bull , tweets, policies are being investigated.

Thread Information