Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...if Iverson was the greatest 3-point shooter of all time who transformed the game. And a good teammate. And won multiple rings and a unanimous MVP.
    That's all he is. A great shooter. The game's greatest decoy, etc. Good teammate? That's disputable. He doesn't have the handles of Iverson, the ability to create his own shot like Jordan/Kobe, the ability to slash and create contact and draw fouls near the rim like Harden or Tony Parker, the pure point guard distribution ability of a Nash or Stockton or Chris Paul, or the post ability of a Magic or even Andre Miller or Shaun Livingston his teammate. Nor was he ever even average at defense, much less a Payton or Billups caliber defensive PG.

He's not particularly good at anything except shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's all he is. A great shooter. The game's greatest decoy, etc. Good teammate? That's disputable. He doesn't have the handles of Iverson, the ability to create his own shot like Jordan/Kobe, the ability to slash and create contact and draw fouls near the rim like Harden or Tony Parker, the pure point guard distribution ability of a Nash or Stockton or Chris Paul, or the post ability of a Magic or even Andre Miller or Shaun Livingston his teammate. Nor was he ever even average at defense, much less a Payton or Billups caliber defensive PG.

He's not particularly good at anything except shooting.
    Okay, you're definitely underrating his other abilities. He's actually a creative scorer in the paint and a good distributor. Just because his other skills don't match his shooting skills (which is GOAT level) doesn't mean he's bad at those other skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You had me at "would face better defenders"

Thanks for the laugh. There is a reason they play zones now, because the modern basketball player is lazy/soft.

In todays NBA, Jordan would be Westbrook with a consistent jump shot and proper fundamentals.
    Yeah I’m sure Ehlo , Stark, Hornacek, Bryon Russell, Majerle or Ainge are better defenders that Kawhi, Klay, PG or Bev

It’s harder to fo against zone than man defense

nostalgia and narratives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're smoking crack...

The Stockton / Malone Jazz were a formidable opponent.
    The Barkley / KJ / Majerle Suns were also a well balanced team

The best Jazz team by far was the one that almost beqt the Lakers in 88
    Chicago was way better thsn that washed up Utah team in 97-98
    KJ was injured, Majerle was a defender, he got lit up by TOSB Ricky Pierce FFS

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yeah I’m sure Ehlo , Stark, Hornacek, Bryon Russell, Majerle or Ainge are better defenders that Kawhi, Klay, PG or Bev

It’s harder to fo against zone than man defense

nostalgia and narratives
    Is your argument specifically about the SG position? Because yah Jordan is likely a PG in today's NBA.

Thread Information