My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i am looking to build a PC that can handle Adobe AfterEffects 2019 without bogging down whatsoever.

if you have websites you visit to create mock builds i'd like to see your builds or link the sites please.

either way, if you're willing to create a mock build for me i'd love to see what's available. my budget i am wanting to stick to is between $1000-$1500.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crap, I could only make a decent price to performance recommendation if you were looking for a gaming PC. Sorry I can't really help much here since I don't know that software.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crap, I could only make a decent price to performance recommendation if you were looking for a gaming PC. Sorry I can't really help much here since I don't know that software.
    video editing however i am sure a gaming rig would work out perfectly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't that video editor charge a subscription fee

I built my PC for gaming and it handles video editing with Vegas pretty well.. a load of effects will definitely impact the frame rate though, but it's unaffected in the actual render

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't that video editor charge a subscription fee

I built my PC for gaming and it handles video editing with Vegas pretty well.. a load of effects will definitely impact the frame rate though, but it's unaffected in the actual render
    yes, the whole Adobe line is subscription based these days.

i imagine a gaming rig is basically about the same as a graphic/video editing rig in regard to specs give or take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i imagine a gaming rig is basically about the same as a graphic/video editing rig in regard to specs give or take.
    I know some video editing programs want an Nvidia gpu for CUDA while others want AMD for OpenCL. A fast SSD might be put to better use in video editing than for gaming also. Though I don't know. Might be better to find a community that does similar work that could offer better suggestions when you ask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know some video editing programs want an Nvidia gpu for CUDA while others want AMD for OpenCL. A fast SSD might be put to better use in video editing than for gaming also. Though I don't know. Might be better to find a community that does similar work that could offer better suggestions when you ask.
    thanks bud

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You gotta make sure to spend the most money on a CPU for video editing.. There is only a fraction of the different video effects that are GPU accelerated, most all the good ones are tied to the CPU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta make sure to spend the most money on a CPU for video editing.. There is only a fraction of the different video effects that are GPU accelerated, most all the good ones are tied to the CPU.
    Wow didn't know it was all cpu for most effects. That ing blows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd recommend starting with Beats Ultimate Sonics and then building around them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow didn't know it was all cpu for most effects. That ing blows.
    Yeah.. I have to lower my preview settings to ensure I domt crash while editing with multilayered effects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something like this?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/frzRBZ

- Some extra RAM to handle big framebuffers/HDR
    - BluRay Writer
    - NVMe for the OS, extrernal storage for video
    - CPU isn't anything too special, but does have a solid clock on single thread and boosts pretty up there, even without overclocking. I'll be surprised if AE eats up all 6 real cores.

* Not quite sure the radiator for the water cooler will fit that case, looks like there's a vent for it, but you can replace with a fan.

I'm sorta partial to Mini-ITX and water cooling, since it's small footprint and quiet.

I didn't cheapen out on components, but you could cut some corners with a cheaper/smaller NVMe SSD and smaller external HDD.

This assumes you already have a USB keyboard/mouse and a monitor. Monitor can be extra pricey if you're looking for something with, say, HDR10 support.

Just a list. Not advocating buying that setup and you should always do your own research before dropping money on something like this (ie: order from places that make it easy to return components if something doesn't quite work out).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something like this?

- BluRay Writer
    - CPU isn't anything too special, but does have a solid clock on single thread and boosts pretty up there, even without overclocking. I'll be surprised if AE eats up all 6 real cores.

* Not quite sure the radiator for the water cooler will fit that case, looks like there's a vent for it, but you can replace with a fan.

I'm sorta partial to Mini-ITX and water cooling, since it's small footprint and quiet.

I didn't cheapen out on components, but you could cut some corners with a cheaper/smaller NVMe SSD and smaller external HDD.

This assumes you already have a USB keyboard/mouse and a monitor. Monitor can be extra pricey if you're looking for something with, say, HDR10 support.

Just a list. Not advocating buying that setup and you should always do your own research before dropping money on something like this (ie: order from places that make it easy to return components if something doesn't quite work out).
    I'm running a 9600k @5Ghz and I absolutely wouldn't recommend to someone building a video editor PC.. 9900K is less than 5 bills now. Maybe since he isn't gaming primarily one of the AMD offerings would outperform for the cost
    Last edited by DJR210; 10-05-2019 at 11:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something like this?

- BluRay Writer

That board isn't Z-series, so will it allow overclocking the cpu and running the RAM at full speed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm running a 9600k @5Ghz and I absolutely wouldn't recommend to someone building a video editor PC.. 9900K is less than 5 bills now. Maybe since he isn't gaming primarily one of the AMD offerings would outperform for the cost
    Yeah, it's another $200 and I originally had it as the CPU on the build. Maybe a Ryzen2 makes sense also, but I'm not too familiar with AMD parts on PC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That board isn't Z-series, so will it allow overclocking the cpu and running the RAM at full speed?
    Does he want to overclock? I didn't pick the K for overclocking, it's just that the non-K is hard to find these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's an updated build with a Z Mobo and the i9-9900K:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XjyBmg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks a ton el nono & BB.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he want to overclock? I didn't pick the K for overclocking, it's just that the non-K is hard to find these days.
    I was thinking for the RAM speed too. You aren't still stuck to DDR4-2666 on non-Z chipsets? Or did they bring up the standard RAM speed now? Sorry, I'm a little out of loop on current gen cpus/boards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks a ton el nono & BB.
    Sure man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking for the RAM speed too. You aren't still stuck to DDR4-2666 on non-Z chipsets? Or did they bring up the standard RAM speed now? Sorry, I'm a little out of loop on current gen cpus/boards.
    You can go up to DDR 4000, IIRC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can go up to DDR 4000, IIRC
    But you can run it full speed without it being considered overclocking? I know it's old, but I had to buy a Z97 board to use my DDR3-2400 at full speed since the non-OC boards would only let me stick to Intel's officially supported DDR3-1600 speed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you can run it full speed without it being considered overclocking? I know it's old, but I had to buy a Z97 board to use my DDR3-2400 at full speed since the non-OC boards would only let me stick to Intel's officially supported DDR3-1600 speed.
    Sorry, I meant you can go up to DDR4-4000 on Z chipsets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Techsource on YT shows builds and Ed's build is for video editing. You won't get his build for that price but there are a ton of different builds to look at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Techsource on YT shows builds and Ed's build is for video editing. You won't get his build for that price but there are a ton of different builds to look at.
    Thanks bud. I'll check the vids out.

Thread Information