Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I suggest $100 Million Dollars for Derrick White and this board freaks out about it. Derozen gets an Gazillion Dollar extension and Spurs are on their knees slurping PATFO like they always do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I appreciate the optimism. There's always a chance he dedicated himself to working on his 3 point shot but unfortunately, 30 year old players (with a few exceptions) don't change their games much. They pretty much are who they are. Tim, Manu & Kobe were the exceptions in recent years.
    JKidd vastly improved his 3 ball after age 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suggest $100 Million Dollars for Derrick White and this board freaks out about it. Derozen gets an Gazillion Dollar extension and Spurs are on their knees slurping PATFO like they always do
    He hasn't gotten ANYTHING yet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had dreams of Lonnie starting at the 3 next season but if this is true it looks like I need to go back to sleep...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is a good player but not for the money that they are going to give to him.

He comes up short when you need your big $$ guy to come through.

Get a good trade for him and move on.
    this is likely the reason for the extension. I’m pretty sure they took some calls for derozan this summer but there’s likely no takers. At least nothing worth our while

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It appears drafting & developing is the only exceptional trait of this organization. It sure as isn’t contract & roster management (Parker’s albatross,Gasol, Mills, etc)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense Derozan would seek an extension just for due diligence and the Spurs would seek to see what they can sign him for (they can easily trade him if it is a good discount).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it's because he spent the summer learning to drain 3's like an assassin.

Maybe. You don't know.
    I was hoping to see that last year, like he'd be pissed and looking to show Toronto up for lying to him and trading him. Instead he shot 15.6%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs are smarter than people here think. Sure, they overpaid Patty, but I think they liked what he did on and off the court and that made it a worthwhile short term investment. Other than that, you don't see them throwing too much money at a player. They are keenly aware of DeRozan's weaknesses and they have not signed him thus far likely because they are aware. I think they would not talk another deal unless it was for less money and he showed enough improvement that they think he can help them compete for a le. There is some pressure to not let Kawhi get away for nothing, but after last year, no one outside of San Antonio is looking at that so I think if they really thought DeRozan was not helpful or worth the money, they wouldn't be talking to him about an extension, they would be looking to trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone thinks this contract is only for Derozan, you're a fool. This move is to keep Murray happy an keep Murray. If you'll haven't seen the bonf between them, you're blind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mixed feelings tbh.

Reasons to be optimistic: DeRozan is a gym rat and is always looking to add to his game every summer. His last two season in Toronto he shot 43% and 38% from the corner 3. So he can shoot them. However, he was our primary ball handler and had nobody to really set him up for corner 3s. We have Murray back and a more experienced White so this should help Demar and his 3 point shot.

He has had an entire offseason working with Chip and should understand the Spurs system both defensively and offensively so it wouldn't surprise me if he played better this year.

He also seems like a really good mentor to the young guys and genuinely gets along with everybody on the team

Reasons for pessimism (the more realistic choice): He plays bad defense. When he doesn't have the ball, he stays stationary and isn't really a threat from the outside. This hurts the offense and makes life much harder for LMA.

He shrinks in the playoffs. The dude has a couple of good games where you think ok he's back into form, only for him to the bed the next game.

He has the most predictable move in history as his go to move to finish games and for some reason Pop loves him using this move to take game winners. Like Pop loves that move alot. ALOT. I think we lost 7 games last season due to this bull .

Oh and I forgot to mention, he shot FIFTEEN percent from 3 last year. That's almost as bad as Playoff Patty Mills. Almost.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had dreams of Lonnie starting at the 3 next season but if this is true it looks like I need to go back to sleep...
    That must have been a terrible nightmare you had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like teams are lining up to sign him In the off season and he probably isn't going to get more tradeable going forward, he's already a poor defender and 3pt shooter and is 30.

Also puts Walker and KJ's role in question going forward, just an odd move tbh.
    I would think some team out there would offer him the max. A team like Charlotte would love to have a star like DeRozan. Having him and Aldridge on the team gives us legitimate talent while Murray/White/Walker/etc. go through growing pains as they become potential stars themselves. It also gives them all stars to learn from and play with. Without DeRozan/Aldridge a lot of people would think we're this young exciting team, I also don't think we'd be a playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team if they extend this loser.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm definitely jumping ship if they extend this scrub. This front office just keeps making bad decision after bad decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Count me down as someone who feels like this is putting the cart before the horse. Let DeRozan play out this last year and show that his skill set truly fits what the team is trying to do, and then talk extension next summer.

I fail to see any reason why they should be rushing into things now. If anything, a contract year could light a fire under his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mixed feelings tbh.

Reasons to be optimistic: DeRozan is a gym rat and is always looking to add to his game every summer. His last two season in Toronto he shot 43% and 38% from the corner 3. So he can shoot them. However, he was our primary ball handler and had nobody to really set him up for corner 3s. We have Murray back and a more experienced White so this should help Demar and his 3 point shot.

He has had an entire offseason working with Chip and should understand the Spurs system both defensively and offensively so it wouldn't surprise me if he played better this year.

He also seems like a really good mentor to the young guys and genuinely gets along with everybody on the team

Reasons for pessimism (the more realistic choice): He plays bad defense. When he doesn't have the ball, he stays stationary and isn't really a threat from the outside. This hurts the offense and makes life much harder for LMA.

He shrinks in the playoffs. The dude has a couple of good games where you think ok he's back into form, only for him to the bed the next game.

He has the most predictable move in history as his go to move to finish games and for some reason Pop loves him using this move to take game winners. Like Pop loves that move alot. ALOT. I think we lost 7 games last season due to this bull .

Oh and I forgot to mention, he shot FIFTEEN percent from 3 last year. That's almost as bad as Playoff Patty Mills. Almost.
    Further reasons for pessimism: 1) Dumbmar has a low BBIQ, 2) with a low BBIQ and super-predictable go-to move he still plays hero-ball (ineffectively), and 3) he is an emo tantrum-thrower that Pop NEVER would have tolerated in the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JKidd vastly improved his 3 ball after age 30.
    He's another great example. Brook Lopez helped himself by expanding his range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it, I need value from my jersey purchase!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Further reasons for pessimism: 1) Dumbmar has a low BBIQ
    He doesn't have a low IQ, just an average one. He showed signs of being a capable distributor early last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone thinks this contract is only for Derozan, you're a fool. This move is to keep Murray happy an keep Murray. If you'll haven't seen the bonf between them, you're blind.
    Agree with this, Rudy Gay, DeRozan and LMA are core guys, along with White. And Murray is getting the core treatment due to his intangibles, work ethic, loyalty and stuff, plus he's cheap and seems to want to play here, so why not try and keep him happy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs offered Murray the max, he would sign today regardless if DeRozan is on the roster. But I struggle to think how the Spurs make the playoffs this year without DeRozen. People hate on the guy, but he's the only guy on the roster that I trust to score in isolation. He might not do it in the playoffs, but he doesn't in the regular season when the Spurs have needed it.

Thread Information