Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's some footage from an offseason scrimmage where he knocks down a couple of 3s. Form looks better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This good. Most of ST has their heads really far up their asses (expect for Rob. Obviously he's cool) and think just any old guy the Spurs draft will be an All-Star. Maxing DeRozan would be bad. Giving him a max contract next summer would be worse. But talking about extending the clear second-best player on the team? Yes, duh. Worry about White, Walker or Murray being better than DeMar when they actually get that good. They aren't close yet.
    Last edited by Chinook; 10-04-2019 at 10:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans this news should keep you awake at night. If this extension nightmare becomes reality, DeMar DeRozan will be the face of your franchise for the next five years.

You will grow half a decade older and experience nearly 500 games of this man wearing your team's uniform, playing 80% of the minutes, and getting the ball down the stretch for every close game, assuming he's not tossed for throwing it at refs. Five years of depression.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO will bid against themselves again and give him a 3 year 70 mil extension a la gasol..sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, our alleged best player is the soulless LMA, tbh, since we're spinning wheels, why not? At least you have a contract with some sort of trade value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't love demars fit on this team but tell me who on this team can average 21/6/6?
    Sign Melo then . Better stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO will bid against themselves again and give him a 3 year 70 mil extension a la gasol..sad.
    They could max him out and this deal still wouldn’t be as dumb as the Gasol contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like DD. But I don't compare him to Leonard.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans this news should keep you awake at night. If this extension nightmare becomes reality, DeMar DeRozan will be the face of your franchise for the next five years.

You will grow half a decade older and experience nearly 500 games of this man wearing your team's uniform, playing 80% of the minutes, and getting the ball down the stretch for every close game, assuming he's not tossed for throwing it at refs. Five years of depression.

Well that's depressing. But look at the bright side: if the Spurs miss the playoffs, and DDR gets a few nights off, it will only be like 360 games instead of 500.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's some footage from an offseason scrimmage where he knocks down a couple of 3s. Form looks better

I didn't watch the whole clip, but what I saw him shoot were long 2's. The dumbest shot in basketball. If he starts doing that, just shoot me.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any rationale for extending him is trumped by the fact that DDR loses games. Because that's the bottom line: he is all over a net negative. It is not completely his fault that Pop keeps giving him the ball to finish games, but still: he sucks on defense, can't dribble and can't close games. I know he has a superior game inside 15 feet, but so what? if he keeps losing us games...

I get all the reasons to keep him, but I don't find them compelling enough.
    He isn't an elite primary ball handler but he is competent to handle playmaking duties. Thing is the guy isn't a closer. Under the magnifying lens of last 5 minute close games the focused bright light tends to make him wilt. If you had him next to a player who was a finisher even a lesser talented one to relieve the pressure on him it would make him look immensely better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't watch the whole clip, but what I saw him shoot were long 2's. The dumbest shot in basketball. If he starts doing that, just shoot me.
    Starts?...That's his game. That's what he's going to do and it's not going to change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starts?...That's his game. That's what he's going to do and it's not going to change.
    No, that hasn't been his game for his whole career. Last year he took 75% of his shots from inside 16 feet, and 3.4% of his shots from 3P. He didn't shoot a of a lot from out near the 3P line, except when the clock was running down and he had to throw something up.

The shots in that video had one foot over the 3P circle. Taking a lower-percentage shot without the possibility of getting the third point is just dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, that hasn't been his game for his whole career. Last year he took 75% of his shots from inside 16 feet, and 3.4% of his shots from 3P. He didn't shoot a of a lot from out near the 3P line, except when the clock was running down and he had to throw something up.

The shots in that video had one foot over the 3P circle. Taking a lower-percentage shot without the possibility of getting the third point is just dumb.
    The Vinny Del Negro Special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a Harden 4 steps to shoot the 3 and made it. That’s encouraging

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely extend the best player on our teams contract. He has really good handles, can score and is a solid rebounder. A player of his skillset and talent you just don’t let walk away. I like our younger players, but let’s be honest they are average or slightly above average players. We kid ourselves of how good they were beacause of where they were taken in the draft. The fact that the FO was found three guys who can be a starter or one of the first Guys offf the beach is amazing.

Hopefully they and demarre carol can get enough stops so that we’re on having DeRozan or any other player trying to bail us out. I’m really looking forward to see how this team what kind of success this team has. I’ll be happy w a western conference finals visit.
    Last edited by Bballplaya; 10-05-2019 at 01:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Vinny Del Negro Special.

Oh, he used to drive me crazy with those shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key to DeRozan being efficient is him hitting 3s and making catch and shoots weather those are 2s or 3s. He's not an offball player. By having White and Murray as the PGs that should be the goal

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    only makes sense if the spurs are ultimately willing to trade him.

some team would give up something for DDR. he has some value.

if it’s anywhere near a max extension though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason to do now would only be to get a better than market deal... but what do I know
    Better market deal?? He had a bad contract! Why do u think Toronto traded him for a one year rental (aside from the ring... Lol)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs must value a guy that can give them 20/6/6. That’s not the easiest thing to find in today’s NBA.
    Melo was putting up good numbers in his prime tho.... But no one would EVER want him on their team if they had serious aspirations to make noise in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. People are acting like it's Patty, and not the guy who put down 21/6/6. DD isn't my favorite player, or even favorite Spur, but I don't see a lot of options to replace him next summer. Most players won't even take a meeting here. I'd be down with something like LMA's deal: non-max, and 3 years with an option or partial for a 4th.
    Getting rid of DDR is addition by subtraction... We have seen this before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better market deal?? He had a bad contract! Why do u think Toronto traded him for a one year rental (aside from the ring... Lol)
    They did it for a ring. Too bad they thought Kawhi moghtve gone anywhere else but LA. Some weirdos still think he woildve signed here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we could get from under Richard Jefferson and Malik Rose, I think we can get from under a Demar contract within 2-3 years. Chris Paul and the cement contract bound to him was moved and he's a tired old bag who is beyond done.
    Paul was traded for another bad contract with over inflated stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs offered Murray the max, he would sign today regardless if DeRozan is on the roster. But I struggle to think how the Spurs make the playoffs this year without DeRozen. People hate on the guy, but he's the only guy on the roster that I trust to score in isolation. He might not do it in the playoffs, but he doesn't in the regular season when the Spurs have needed it.
    Weade it without him and we are better now than we were then... Additionally I think we are a better team WITHOUT him... There will be less low percentage ISO ball plays and more floor spacing... He is USELESS unless the ball is in his hand

Thread Information