Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m saying that Lonnie can create his own shot. Are you arguing that he can’t?
    He can’t create shots when his ass is on the bench.

His injury set him back an entire year in Pops imaginary rookie prison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can’t create shots when his ass is on the bench.

His injury set him back an entire year in Pops imaginary rookie prison.
    Sad truth, tbh. It happens every year. Unless you're a Kawhi/Manu/TP type of talent, you're not going to see the floor often until your second year. And, if you're injured like Lonnie was his rookie season, you probably won't get regular minutes until year 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same GM that just gave Rudy Gay 32 Million ? After that non-existent playoff performance?

It's not $32M, it's 2/$28M, and that's the back end payoff for 2/$18M for his first and second season. If you total the four years, it's $46M, or a bit over $11M per for a stretch 4 who can play today's game.

People still about Parker's last contract, saying he was overpaid. I'll stipulate that he was, but that was also a back end payoff for his first post-rookie contract. Spurs got him for 6/$66M just when he exploded into being an All Star and Finals MVP, and when he could have had as much as $90-95M. That deferral allowed them to continue to MAX Tim, and also pay Manu, but make no mistake, it WAS a deferral. Small market teams have an easier time if they smooth the costs, underpaying early, and overpaying later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently the team has until 6/30 next year to get an extension signed.
    https://twitter.com/paulgarcianba/st...270178817?s=21

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Damn. Get err done RC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't worry, guys. The Spurs will find a way to get him a loyalty deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Damn. Get err done RC
    As far as I’m concerned this is a contract year for Derozan and he’ll need to play like it is. $150 million/ 4 years?? Haha no way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar wants to get paid like a top-5 SG when he’s not one tbh. I think he opts our next Summer and tests the waters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently the team has until 6/30 next year to get an extension signed.

As far as I’m concerned this is a contract year for Derozan and he’ll need to play like it is. $150 million/ 4 years?? Haha no way
    Exactly so just let him put in some effort and thereby up any trade value he might have left.

If they extend him it's the end of the slightest hope for a return to a Championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like I said the Knicks and Raptors will be desperate and will offer him the max without hesitation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like DEROZZ as a player and person I just think he does not fit with the Spurs style and the players we have right now. Also I am pretty sure he will either go back to Raptors or end up back in Cali somehow.

The question I have is then what do we do with his position who do we go after who do we want to sign to make our team playoff ready?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly so just let him put in some effort and thereby up any trade value he might have left.

If they extend him it's the end of the slightest hope for a return to a Championship.
    If Derozan opts out next summer then the Spurs potentially traded a Top 15 player of all time for nothing. Derozan would leave with no return, Poetl could leave for more money in RFA if Spurs don’t match.

If you know you aren’t going to come to an agreement then trade him before the trade deadline in February for picks or players

Only reason you wouldn’t trade him before deadline is if you think the Spurs could ring this year with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like DEROZZ as a player and person I just think he does not fit with the Spurs style and the players we have right now. Also I am pretty sure he will either go back to Raptors or end up back in Cali somehow.

The question I have is then what do we do with his position who do we go after who do we want to sign to make our team playoff ready?
    any of our guards, Mills included, would do better than derozan at the 2 for the $ they’ll take up. glad to hear he’s a ing re on top of being a basket case.

He’s not worth anything close to the max

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derozan opts out next summer then the Spurs potentially traded a Top 15 player of all time for nothing. Derozan would leave with no return, Poetl could leave for more money in RFA if Spurs don’t match.

If you know you aren’t going to come to an agreement then trade him before the trade deadline in February for picks or players

Only reason you wouldn’t trade him before deadline is if you think the Spurs could ring this year with him.

Sunk cost fallacy ftw. we kept pops playoff streak alive that’s why the trade was done. cut the cord now, no use in making the trade worse than it was by extending this head

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sunk cost fallacy ftw. we kept pops playoff streak alive that’s why the trade was done. cut the cord now, no use in making the trade worse than it was by extending this head
    Exactly. The quote reflects exactly the type of thinking that gets teams stuck with underproductive players taking up a huge amounts of capspace because they don't want to let a player go "for nothing".

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, they absolutely should trade him. It is the only reasonable move. It's obvious they couldn't come to a deal. The only possible outcomes are: (1) DeRozan has a "good" contact year and expects a huge payday after the season (absolutely not worth it) or (2) DeRozan is unimproved from last year (in which case, he's just talking up playing time from the younger dudes who need to develop)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. The quote reflects exactly the type of thinking that gets teams stuck with underproductive players taking up a huge amounts of capspace because they don't want to let a player go "for nothing".
    I’m down for great draft picks, that doesn’t eat space. Really only would be open to actual developed players if they are someone you’d love to have but probably wouldn’t be able to woo in free agency

I’d take the Spurs drafting & developing over a player 1-3 years in the league getting ty development that you like

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So? Toronto has no player assets to show for that trade NOW. We have both Poeltl and Keldon. If you're ing about their le, we rented on from Kawhi, too, for the cost of a #29 draft pick, George Hill. That's a lot less than Toronto paid for theirs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not too surprised that DD is the type of sensitive fake star that wants to be paid like a real star so that he can keep believing he's a real star. But I would be pleasantly surprised if PATFO doesn't budge and gets him to stay on a friendlier deal or just trades him/let's him walk.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So? Toronto has no player assets to show for that trade NOW. We have both Poeltl and Keldon. If you're ing about their le, we rented on from Kawhi, too, for the cost of a #29 draft pick, George Hill. That's a lot less than Toronto paid for theirs.
    Preferred a Paul George return scenario (multiple 1st round picks). Spurs can draft & develop. Was hoping they would maximize what they do best

Im thinking they could get some good draft selections for Derozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no - better ship his ass out then I guess....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preferred a Paul George return scenario (multiple 1st round picks). Spurs can draft & develop. Was hoping they would maximize what they do best

Im thinking they could get some good draft selections for Derozan
    PG13 was locked up for three years. Kawhi and DD both had/have one year left with SA. You're not getting much for that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then might as well trade LMA too.
    LMA blazer reunion—> Whiteside (immediately waived), Little, and a first

I struggle to find the trade partner for DeRozen though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then might as well trade LMA too.
    LMA blazer reunion—> Whiteside (immediately waived), Little, and a first

I struggle to find the trade partner for DeRozen though.
    You struggle at a lot of things. The Spurs would never trade for either Whiteside or Little. Whiteside is a headcase who makes FAR too much to just waive, and throw away $27M. Nassir Little is a cocaine user who was busted last year, and rolled on his boyz. If they wanted Little's coke snorting ass on the roster, they would have drafted him, and not had to eat $27M in the process.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if demar doesnt improve he will merely be the spurs second (arguably tied with first) best player

Thread Information