Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needs some more consistency / mental toughness to develop into his ceiling, Andre Miller, IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray could become a better player than White over time but lol @ the premature Derrick White sucks talk based on a preseason game.
    Could? He simply IS better than White but that doesn't mean we can't like both of them. I'm not goint to root against either one. I want them both to succeed but Murray clearly is the better player, IMO.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too funny , there would of been one guy out there trying to impress while most of last season's team be like it's just a warm up game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could? He simply IS better than White but that doesn't mean we can't like both of them. I'm not goint to root against either one. I want them both to succeed but Murray clearly is the better player, IMO.
    shut up got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is the new Manu v TP debate for the next decade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this is the new Manu v TP debate for the next decade?
    If FkLA has his way yes

Wasn’t he big on the Manu vs. TP thing too?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He played as well as the 50 million dollar man that game. That’s all you can ask.
    no it's not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played as well as the 50 million dollar man that game. That’s all you can ask. Still waiting for Instagram Baller to win us a playoff game tbh. Dude seems to only play well in the preseason
    Instagram Baller makes me sick tbh. I would cut him if it were up to me, but PATFO doesn’t have the testicular for ude to do that per par smh tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he’s better, why wasn’t Instagram Baller on Team USA tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this gonna be like Parker/Ginobili where you have to choose a favorite? sheesh.

White is a good player, Murray is a good player. They will both have a rough game every once in a while lol. They have also both proven that they can play. The only jury out right now is how Murray will look coming off his injury and if he's made improvements to his game but regardless he's not a bad player and neither is White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this gonna be like Parker/Ginobili where you have to choose a favorite? sheesh.

White is a good player, Murray is a good player. They will both have a rough game every once in a while lol. They have also both proven that they can play. The only jury out right now is how Murray will look coming off his injury and if he's made improvements to his game but regardless he's not a bad player and neither is White.
    Nope, you can only like one player and really, its just Pop and the stupid Spurs holding that player back from being the next Jordan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If FkLA has his way yes

Wasn’t he big on the Manu vs. TP thing too?
    Ugh God. White's understanding, decision making & ability to move quickly in tight spaces is awesome & he will be a star when he learns to assert himself. Murray is a better athlete & you can see how he's tightened his handles & his J has improved. They're both going to be awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu and Tony were proven.

DW IS proven. his selection to the US team is proof. DJ IS unproven with a big question mark on how he responds to a major injury this season.

There is no debate yet tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still recovering. And White was towel waiving most games, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still recovering. And White was towel waiving most games, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oooh, yeah, I sure was told off by a kid. How can I recover?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oooh, yeah, I sure was told off by a kid. How can I recover?
    SpurPadre: I'm not gonna root against White, but let me keep bringing up that he choked in Game 7 (so did Manu in the 2013 finals but let's keep acting like White is the only person to disappear in a playoff game). And that White was towel waving during FIBA.

FkLA and I just don't buy your bull , tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For White, it's his 2nd real year in the league...and he managed to make the USA National Team. If that's not a shot in the arm, I don't know what is.

As for last year's playoffs, Derrick started off hot but once the defense keyed in on him...he disappeared. We can debate until the cows come home whether that was the right decision, but my opinion is that he got passive the last couple games and kinda deserved the hook. (And yes, Mills wasn't a great alternative, but there are only so many players on the bench)

As for DJ, he has a lot to prove and he has talked a lot of talk. He has to prove that he can walk the walk...but he also deserves that chance.

BTW Murray only played 14 minutes (all in the first half), and 7 of his 11 points came on jump shots including one from deep. So maybe that jumper will start working for him.
    Now this is a legitimate take I can respect from another thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SpurPadre: I'm not gonna root against White, but let me keep bringing up that he choked in Game 7 (so did Manu in the 2013 finals but let's keep acting like White is the only person to disappear in a playoff game). And that White was towel waving during FIBA.

FkLA and I just don't buy your bull , tbh.
    Bull ? Stating facts when it needs to be called upon, tbh. Tough love is better than pure sucking while name calling the other guy who plays on the same team. Also, Manu was a made man and surefire HOF when he ed up in the 13 Finals, in which all of us called him out on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull ? Stating facts when it needs to be called upon, tbh. Tough love is better than pure sucking while name calling the other guy who plays on the same team. Also, Manu was a made man and surefire HOF when he ed up in the 13 Finals, in which all of us called him out on.
    Typical Padre talking out of his ass. Sometimes, it's hard to take you seriously as a poster but let me humor you more. You proved my point further. Even the best of players choke in big moments and from what I remember, people on here called out White for his Game 7 performance, but you always take it to a stupid route whenever people hype him up (player fans will be player fans, tbh, but most people on here had reasonable opinions of White all of last season) and you always say "well he choked Game 7, but let me hype up Murray unreasonably also."

I say bull cause you're a hypocrite, tbh. I'm gonna need more than "I think Murray is better because I say so, and White is garbage. But i promise I'm still rooting for him," that BS you constantly spew to take your "opinion" seriously. As i said earlier, Dex summed it up best without looking like a jackass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typical Padre talking out of his ass. Sometimes, it's hard to take you seriously as a poster but let me humor you more. You proved my point further. Even the best of players choke in big moments and from what I remember, people on here called out White for his Game 7 performance, but you always take it to a stupid route whenever people hype him up (player fans will be player fans, tbh, but most people on here had reasonable opinions of White all of last season) and you always say "well he choked Game 7, but let me hype up Murray unreasonably also."

I say bull cause you're a hypocrite, tbh. I'm gonna need more than "I think Murray is better because I say so, and White is garbage. But i promise I'm still rooting for him," that BS you constantly spew to take your "opinion" seriously. As i said earlier, Dex summed it up best without looking like a jackass.
    I feel the same way about you. You cherry pick to fit your narrative. We're just gonna keep going round and round with this but I legitimately want to see both players thrive while acknowledging that one may be better than the other. Do you have that capacity instead of using the straw man and ad hominem approaches?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel the same way about you. You cherry pick to fit your narrative. We're just gonna keep going round and round with this but I legitimately want to see both players thrive while acknowledging that one may be better than the other. Do you have that capacity instead of using the straw man and ad hominem approaches?
    I clearly said in this thread that Murray could be better than White and you chime in with "no it's a fact." You and your agenda per usual. So yeah, with you I don't have that capacity cause you don't give reasonable arguments other than arrogantly stating your opinion about the situation and try to dial back with "but I'm rooting for him to succeed here." There will be the White vs. Murray debate as long as both are Spurs. I can admit both players have their shortcomings but also their strengths and props to Murray for working on his jumpshot which was his biggest weakness coming into the league. I don't honestly favor one over the other. I just call out the hypocrisy for what it is with you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, you can only like one player and really, its just Pop and the stupid Spurs holding that player back from being the next Jordan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope that Murray turns out to be way better than White. And I hope that Walker IV is even better still. I want as much talent on the Spurs as possible. I think there is a chance that the Spurs end up with the best guard rotation in the NBA: Murray, White, Walker, and Forbes. It's a team game.

Thread Information