Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not complicated, management and ownership are not the same as the players/coaches... Steve Kerr (should run for POTUS, IMO) wouldn't stand for Adam Shekel's shenanigans if he would be in a position to challenge it.

Players have staged their own protests in the past that were not endorsed by the NBA either (ie: police shootings).

It's actually really unfortunate this comes from the Rockets ownership, tbh, it perpetrates the prototypical Texan conservative stereotype that money is above everything, including democracy or human rights.
    Above everything for so-called "liberals," too, especially those in Sillycon Valley, who I'm sure you have plenty of experience with. Zuckerberg is melting down at the prospect of a Warren presidency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Above everything for so-called "liberals," too, especially those in Sillycon Valley, who I'm sure you have plenty of experience with. Zuckerberg is melting down at the prospect of a Warren presidency.
    that was fishing, btw... but you're correct, so-called "liberals" sounds about right...

very few people, like Pop, Kerr or Lebron, that actually truly believe in what they preach, tbh...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Patiently waiting for Poop's opinion on this issue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also unsurprising Harden is involved in a bad way in this, tbh... his only socially noteworthy contribution has been to donate to strippers...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was fishing, btw... but you're correct, so-called "liberals" sounds about right...

very few people, like Pop, Kerr or Lebron, that actually truly believe in what they preach, tbh...
    Us consumers need to practice it, too. I do try to buy old vintage used stuff from the classifieds when I can (furniture, audio equipment, housewares etc) instead of buying some cheaply made Chinese at Walmart, but we're so stupidly reliant on technology, we sometimes have no choice but to buy some good made by a 12 year old in a Chinese sweatshop. One thing I somewhat appreciate about Trump is his battling with China, but problem is we've painted ourselves into a corner with them over the past 30 years, so I don't how we remove our mouths from the Chinese teat without our economy taking a big blow. The markets go ape every time the odds increase of a trade deal not happening.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The nba allowed the players to wear those "I can't breath" shirts a few years ago, even though it violated the nba dress code. It's funny to see them apologize on this issue

As expected, the nba's activism ends where their pockets start. Some nba fans act like the nba is above the evil and antiquated nfl, in the end, they're both the same tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Us consumers need to practice it, too. I do try to buy old vintage used stuff from the classifieds when I can (furniture, audio equipment, housewares etc) instead of buying some cheaply made Chinese at Walmart, but we're so stupidly reliant on technology, we sometimes have no choice but to buy some good made by a 12 year old in a Chinese sweatshop. One thing I somewhat appreciate about Trump is his battling with China, but problem is we've painted ourselves into a corner with them over the past 30 years, so I don't how we remove our mouths from the Chinese teat without our economy taking a big blow. The markets go ape every time the odds increase of a trade deal not happening.
    ehh, half of the US or more live paycheck to paycheck... buy american has a nice warm fuzzy feeling about it, but it's not economically viable for vasts amounts of people. And if China becomes too expensive, companies will move to Vietnam, Nicaragua, etc, not exactly bastions of freedom and democracy. There's a reason for that, to make things for cheap you gotta pay very little, and poor people desperate for work and food are prime targets for that. We priced ourselves out of the manufacturing market a long time ago.

Tariffs are re ed. They basically hurt the poor the most, and solve absolutely nothing. If we would be serious about addressing the human rights abuses, we would do what we do with Iraq, etc, enact sanctions, form a coalition with other countries to exert pressure, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nba allowed the players to wear those "I can't breath" shirts a few years ago, even though it violated the nba dress code. It's funny to see them apologize on this issue

As expected, the nba's activism ends where their pockets start. Some nba fans act like the nba is above the evil and antiquated nfl, in the end, they're both the same tbh.
    The NBA is the most shallow sports league on Earth, which is why my interest in it has declined massively. In addition to their hypocrisy here, they actually promote the soap opera storyline bull that has drives interest in the league more than the on-court action.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People here posting outrage from their Chinese phones are cracking me up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ehh, half of the US or more live paycheck to paycheck... buy american has a nice warm fuzzy feeling about it, but it's not economically viable for vasts amounts of people. And if China becomes too expensive, companies will move to Vietnam, Nicaragua, etc, not exactly bastions of freedom and democracy. There's a reason for that, to make things for cheap you gotta pay very little, and poor people desperate for work and food are prime targets for that. We priced ourselves out of the manufacturing market a long time ago.

Tariffs are re ed. They basically hurt the poor the most, and solve absolutely nothing. If we would be serious about addressing the human rights abuses, we would do what we do with Iraq, etc, enact sanctions, form a coalition with other countries to exert pressure, etc.
    With the advent of Offerup, Craigslist, etc, you can find any number of housewares and goods for dirt cheap, and usually of a vintage where it was well made. I picked up a vintage dining room set and can't move it for a measly 100.00, while Walmart has some cheap-as- Better and Home Gardens nonsense priced at 200.00. I understand the set I have might not be the "look" someone wants, but like you said, if someone on a paycheck-to-paycheck existence needs a dining room set, aesthetics should be the last thing on their minds. I have a ton of glassware from my picking throughout the years. Usually can't get rid of it for pennies. Main point is you can furnish a home going used for much cheaper than buying new, and the used stuff will be better quality provided you "pick" right.

like cheapo Bluetooth speakers shouldn't even exist. I'm seeing something on Amazon called the Oontz Angle 3 (25.00) with nearly 40,000 ratings. . For 25.00, you can piece together a component system used and add a Bluetooth dongle, which will on that speaker (you need portability, hunt down one of those 90s era boomboxes). I understand my option is more inconvenient, but for people who are sitting there in the Midwest or whatever shaking their fists at China and lauding Trump for "standing up to them s," they need to realize inconvenience is something they'll have to endure if they want to "stand up to the s." Yet we both know they're shaking their fist while the other hand clicks on "add to cart" to get spoonfed another Amazon Chinese good.

Main point here, I guess, is we're collectively not willing to sacrifice convenience in this regard. I understand there's certain things we have to buy that are pretty much all made in China, but there's a lot you can buy, used, for much cheaper that isn't made in China. And from a climate change/environmental standpoint, we need to make more use of second hand stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever you got to tell yourself to support your commie enablers, bruh.
    and those commies are jimmer enablers... surprised you're not backing them

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and those commies are jimmer enablers... surprised you're not backing them
    Jimmer = Ambassador of freedom, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The silence is deafening from LeRoid........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The old rock and the hard place

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Why is Greg Popovich silent on this issue? Shouldn't he be voicing his opinion like the attention he is about this? Or is he too much of a pvssy to say anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver scheduled a meeting with Chinese dignitaries to try and get us our billions of investment back. Morey firing in 3...2...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The silence is deafening from LeRoid........
    This is a Chinese issue, not a black issue. And it's not black and white either (pun intended). One could easily argue both Taiwan and HK are part of China. It's their complicated history, and even though HK wants independence, they don't get it just by asking (just ask Texas). That kind of stuff usually requires civil war, per historical norms

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also in a technologically advanced internet world, one can't just say 'free speech blah blah' on Twitter and think that's enough. gets complicated when the platform is visible to other countries and affects other people. You have to think before you say now, especially if you're important (unless you're the president).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA is the most shallow sports league on Earth, which is why my interest in it has declined massively
    ?? basketball is one of the most global sports, along with soccer and cricket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is NBA TV not allowed to broadcast the Lakers Nets games now?

Damn according to Rachel Nichols they’re not sure the games will still even be played at this point
    Last edited by Beartrucci; 10-08-2019 at 02:15 PM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Basketball yes. But not necessarily NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shallow in regard to their culture and business model

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol same, that and the removing of all troops in syria are about the only things i agree with him about. But i like that with china hes going at china, even though it seems like a stupid idea to throw jabs at someone who owns 1.3 trillion of your debt...

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of the modern left and idiotic embrace of "political correctness" as the main ideology.

You have athletes that are willing to stand up for any local issue, no matter how true or not. An entire intellectual class lauds them while they stand up for defining issues such as trans-gender pronouns, third bathrooms, or cultural appropriations. Yet when the most important values of Western democracies, those who have shaped and allowed Western countries to grow and prosper, namely freedom and democracy, are being challeged, an entire intellectuall class and the "social-concious" athletes go quiet.

What B.S of the highest order this is! At least Cap was willing to put his money on the line for what he believed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr with the smart move

Thread Information