Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a Chinese issue, not a black issue. And it's not black and white either (pun intended). One could easily argue both Taiwan and HK are part of China. It's their complicated history, and even though HK wants independence, they don't get it just by asking (just ask Texas). That kind of stuff usually requires civil war, per historical norms
    Go read a newspaper.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Go read a newspaper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Max Kellerman keep his job?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tokyo (AFP) - The National Basketball Association won't gag its personnel or apologise over a team executive's tweet that ignited a firestorm in China, commissioner Adam Silver insisted Tuesday, standing firm despite a growing backlash that imperils the league's lucrative Chinese following.

The tweet last Friday by Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey supporting pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong has infuriated Chinese fans and led to broadcasters and sponsors severing ties with the NBA.

But Silver, speaking at a press conference in Japan where the Rockets are playing exhibition games this week, said the world's top basketball league would continue to "support freedom of expression and certainly freedom of expression of the NBA community."

"The NBA will not put itself in a position of regulating what players, employees and team owners say or will not say on these issues. We simply could not operate that way," Silver said in a statement before the press conference.

The NBA has found itself squeezed between Chinese anger, and criticism from US presidential candidates, influential senators, and fans over initial statements by the league seen as kowtowing to authoritarian China.

Silver plans to travel to Shanghai on Wednesday for a pair of NBA exhibition games in China between the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets, saying he hoped to meet with officials to discuss the impasse.

But while expressing "regret" that Morey's comments upset China, Silver said the league is "not apologising for Daryl exercising his freedom of expression."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I wonder if all of this affects the salary cap, revenue sharing, and the next CBA. Remember, small market team owners openly hated on the Lakers which led to a new small market team friendly CBA and a nixed CP0 deal to LA. We know how that affected the Lakers for the next several years (leading to countless laughter amongst you farmers at my expense ).

We know the Lakers dole out the most foodstamps (aka revenue sharing), so if the salary cap is reduced as a result of no more billions pouring in from China, small market teams will feel the pain (I'm looking at YOU Sp*rs ).

I foresee Milwaukee not being able to give the Greek Freak a supermax next year. He may end up in LA with his brother on a Kwame Brown for MVPau type deal. Wouldn't that be some ? And you farmers would have Daryl Mron (small market GM) to blame. I bet analytics told him his tweet would be just fine.

*won a le in a strike shortened season, but still try to count it like it's legit. 50 games out of 82 probably deserves two asterisks the more I think about it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if all of this affects the salary cap, revenue sharing, and the next CBA. Remember, small market team owners openly hated on the Lakers which led to a new small market team friendly CBA and a nixed CP0 deal to LA. We know how that affected the Lakers for the next several years (leading to countless laughter amongst you farmers at my expense ).

We know the Lakers dole out the most foodstamps (aka revenue sharing), so if the salary cap is reduced as a result of no more billions pouring in from China, small market teams will feel the pain (I'm looking at YOU Sp*rs ).

I foresee Milwaukee not being able to give the Greek Freak a supermax next year. He may end up in LA with his brother on a Kwame Brown for MVPau type deal. Wouldn't that be some ? And you farmers would have Daryl Mron (small market GM) to blame. I bet analytics told him his tweet would be just fine.

*won a le in a strike shortened season, but still try to count it like it's legit. 50 games out of 82 probably deserves two asterisks the more I think about it.
    Success of a basketball team > democratic freedom.

Gotcha

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

det morey pic at the end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....-ties-with-nba

damn Morey owes Klay Thompson and Gordon Hayward some money now Anta shoe company suspends talks of contract renewals

Blackistone going in on NBA and Silver on ATH saying we should just pull out of the games/China now, and should have already. Haven’t seen anyone address the politics that directly on ESPN yet talking about freedom vs. oppression. Wonder if he’ll be reprimanded.
    Last edited by Beartrucci; 10-09-2019 at 04:15 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    det morey pic at the end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of the modern left and idiotic embrace of "political correctness" as the main ideology.

You have athletes that are willing to stand up for any local issue, no matter how true or not. An entire intellectual class lauds them while they stand up for defining issues such as trans-gender pronouns, third bathrooms, or cultural appropriations. Yet when the most important values of Western democracies, those who have shaped and allowed Western countries to grow and prosper, namely freedom and democracy, are being challeged, an entire intellectuall class and the "social-concious" athletes go quiet.

What B.S of the highest order this is! At least Cap was willing to put his money on the line for what he believed.
    "Shut up and dribble"

"Stop dribbling and talk you coward"

^^^no hypocrisy there

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Success of a basketball team > democratic freedom.

Gotcha
    First off you totally misunderstood my post (English is not your first language so I forgive you ). Secondly, you do realize I'm in the military? Therefore I fight FOR Democracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off you totally misunderstood my post (English is not your first language so I forgive you ). Secondly, you do realize I'm in the military? Therefore I fight FOR Democracy.
    You’re in the Military? And you have time to fanboy post here day after day, hour after hour? Apparently you aren’t fighting for anything. You’re just posting all day.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    thinking that's the purpose of the US military

I have bad news for you tbh Gordo...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You’re in the Military? And you have time to fanboy post here day after day, hour after hour? Apparently you aren’t fighting for anything. You’re just posting all day.
    What's your point

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    thinking that's the purpose of the US military

I have bad news for you tbh Gordo...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao You say the same exact thing to the military guys posting MAGA hashtags and Trump memes on FB and Twitter all day I'm sure

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

As I was saying

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

What does the Sp*rs cap look like?

Today's small market teams

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

What does the Sp*rs cap look like?

Today's small market teams
    In the summer of 2021 they only have like $7 million committed so it actually looks awesome regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao You say the same exact thing to the military guys posting MAGA hashtags and Trump memes on FB and Twitter all day I'm sure
    I have never had, nor will ever have FB or Twitter.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this guy not knowing how the military ing works yeah he's got all that time, not everyone is out in oil land doing anything

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never had, nor will ever have FB or Twitter.
    I am actually jealous of you right now lol. It's a couple of worthless cesspools my man don't ever bother to start on either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Little Boy Kerr

Thread Information