Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/article/2019/10/...ration-rockets

BEIJING (AP) — Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey tried Sunday to defuse the rapidly growing fallout over his deleted tweet that showed support for Hong Kong anti-government protesters, saying he did not intend to offend any of the team’s Chinese fans or sponsors.

(...)criticism came from Tencent, a major media partner of the NBA in China with a streaming deal that is worth $1.5 billion over the next five years, and Chinese state television — both of which said they would not be showing Rockets games.

Rockettes

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of the modern left and idiotic embrace of "political correctness" as the main ideology.

You have athletes that are willing to stand up for any local issue, no matter how true or not. An entire intellectual class lauds them while they stand up for defining issues such as trans-gender pronouns, third bathrooms, or cultural appropriations. Yet when the most important values of Western democracies, those who have shaped and allowed Western countries to grow and prosper, namely freedom and democracy, are being challeged, an entire intellectuall class and the "social-concious" athletes go quiet.

What B.S of the highest order this is! At least Cap was willing to put his money on the line for what he believed.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of the modern left and idiotic embrace of "political correctness" as the main ideology.

You have athletes that are willing to stand up for any local issue, no matter how true or not. An entire intellectual class lauds them while they stand up for defining issues such as trans-gender pronouns, third bathrooms, or cultural appropriations. Yet when the most important values of Western democracies, those who have shaped and allowed Western countries to grow and prosper, namely freedom and democracy, are being challeged, an entire intellectuall class and the "social-concious" athletes go quiet.

What B.S of the highest order this is! At least Cap was willing to put his money on the line for what he believed.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Let's rephrase it. We love China's money and therefore we will not say anything to threaten that. However, we are willing to talk about any other social issue which will not cause us any loss in our pocket.

Social heros at best!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Rockets have been deep in the China market ever since they drafted Yao. Understandable. But the “we loveChina” comments, that. Not supporting that bull .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's rephrase it. We love China's money and therefore we will not say anything to threaten that. However, we are willing to talk about any other social issue which will not cause us any loss in our pocket.

Social heros at best!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amb needs to tell his people to chill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, those ethnic cleansing dictators can go hang with magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Money talks. The NBA isn't going to threaten that cash cow. Hong Kong needs to just put their commie pants on like big boys and suck it up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Why is Greg Popovich silent on this issue? Shouldn't he be voicing his opinion like the attention wh0re he is about this? Or is he too much of a pvssy to say anything?
    Last edited by Yogatti; 10-08-2019 at 02:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA:

2017 - cancels all star game in Charlotte

2019 - apologizes to China

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA:

2017 - cancels all star game in Charlotte

2019 - apologizes to China
    As someone who lives in Charlotte that really pissed me off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of the resident lefty cucks here could say a word against communist China when I presented this here right before the Morey stuff went down.

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=281371

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets have been deep in the China market ever since they drafted Yao. Understandable. But the “we loveChina” comments, that. Not supporting that bull .
    Whatever you got to tell yourself to support your commie enablers, bruh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Greg Popovich silent on this issue? Shouldn't he be voicing his opinion like the attention he is about this? Or is he too much of a pvssy to say anything?
    Hundred percent agree. If he can't go against the grain, then he is nothing but the coward we all know he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Silver presser in the morning...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinaball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm as bleeding heart as they come, but this is absolutely correct, and why I think "protests" such as NFL players kneeling during the anthem are little more than self-righteous and self-indulgent lip service in order to score social media points from blue checkmarks. If these NFL players really wanted to shake up, they would've boycotted the season. Same with half-billionaires like Roger Waters displaying " Trump" on the jumbotron at his concerts and these richer-than-God Hollywood s constantly complaining about Trump on twitter. They actually have the money and power to change things, but inevitably shirk at doing anything that might come with some discomfort or hit to the pocket book/status. How about doing something like "Disney is putting all Marvel content on hold until gun rights, or immigrant rights, or healthcare etc, etc" are reformed in the country. Or NFL players refusing to play until something is done about police violence.

The NBA is following that same trend. Oh yeah, they're more than "woke" when that wokeness doesn't correspond to lost profits, but they'll happily bend over for one of the biggest human rights violators on the planet who stomp on issues such as transgender rights, something the NBA feigned concerned about.

"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not complicated, management and ownership are not the same as the players/coaches... Steve Kerr (should run for POTUS, IMO) wouldn't stand for Adam Shekel's shenanigans if he would be in a position to challenge it.

Players have staged their own protests in the past that were not endorsed by the NBA either (ie: police shootings).

It's actually really unfortunate this comes from the Rockets ownership, tbh, it perpetrates the prototypical Texan conservative stereotype that money is above everything, including democracy or human rights.

Thread Information