Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rebron

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    true you’re right. Lebron do be trying to do too much with all that political talk . It’s obvious he made a mistake but it’s stupid to see everyone act like they care so much when In reality it’s all for clicks and views
    Most people aren't disappointed because LeBron chose path A or B. Because he didn't. He straddled the fence and gave a half hearted response. He should have kept quiet

He also should not have called Morey "misinformed". But possibly the worst part was days after he was asked for his thoughts on the backlash (jersey burning etc) and his answer was he hasn't been paying attention

Just total up. He would have been better off avoiding OR going hard with Path A or B. Instead he just outed himself as simple minded hypocrite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people aren't disappointed because LeBron chose path A or B. Because he didn't. He straddled the fence and gave a half hearted response. .
    Which comes across as hypocritical when he so loudly voices and makes sure everyone hears his other opinions, just like Pop.

TBH, he never even addressed the China situation “I’m not discussing the substance”. He only addressed the act of Morey’s tweet. Other players at least said it’s a tough situation and acted like they’d at least give it some thought because they can sense how it might have bad optics. Lebron was too smug to even utter a word about it. He said “other people can talk about that”.

Muhammad Ali he ain’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    General James Chicken

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Silver needs to take an orange page out of Don the Con's art of the steal book

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver taking the fall for an idiot's Twitter comments. Thought he was smarter than this

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe is still wanted in China and his wife's bedroom...

...Jim is NOT wanted in China or his ex-wife's bedroom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sad to see Hong Kong uphold their ban on gay marriage, with what's going on with mainland China one would think the people of Hong Kong would be more tolerant.

UPDATE 1-Hong Kong court upholds ban on same-sex civil partnerships

HONG KONG, Oct 18 (Reuters) - A Hong Kong court upheld a ban on same-sex marriage and civil union partnerships on Friday after a lesbian identified as ‘MK’ launched the city’s first judicial challenge on the issue, stating it violated her cons utional rights.

Rights group Amnesty International described the judgement as a “bitter blow” for LGBT+ people in Hong Kong.

“Sadly, the discriminatory treatment of same-sex couples will continue for the time being,” Amnesty said in a statement.

The Court of First Instance ruled that the government was not obliged to provide an alternative legal framework such as civil unions, giving same-sex couples the equal rights and benefits enjoyed by opposite-sex married couples.

The court said that, while there are diverse and opposing views in society, it expressed “no view on the associated social, moral and/or religious issues” and that it had adopted a strict legal approach to the matter.

sexuality has been decriminalized since 1991 in Hong Kong, a former British colony that returned to Chinese rule in 1997. The city has an annual pride parade and lively gay scene.

It does not, however, recognise same-sex marriage and LGBT+ activists voice concerns about widespread discrimination. Hong Kong’s top court in June ruled in favour of a gay civil servant fighting for spousal and tax benefits for his husband.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe is still wanted in China and his wife's bedroom...

...Jim is NOT wanted in China or his ex-wife's bedroom.
    China already built that wall. Have your people camp out there instead of around Laredo.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    China already built that wall. Have your people camp out there instead of around Laredo.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Silver needs to take an orange page out of Don the Con's art of the steal book

And what reason would Silver have to fire Morey?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sad to see Hong Kong uphold their ban on gay marriage, with what's going on with mainland China one would think the people of Hong Kong would be more tolerant.

UPDATE 1-Hong Kong court upholds ban on same-sex civil partnerships

HONG KONG, Oct 18 (Reuters) - A Hong Kong court upheld a ban on same-sex marriage and civil union partnerships on Friday after a lesbian identified as ‘MK’ launched the city’s first judicial challenge on the issue, stating it violated her cons utional rights.

Rights group Amnesty International described the judgement as a “bitter blow” for LGBT+ people in Hong Kong.

“Sadly, the discriminatory treatment of same-sex couples will continue for the time being,” Amnesty said in a statement.

The Court of First Instance ruled that the government was not obliged to provide an alternative legal framework such as civil unions, giving same-sex couples the equal rights and benefits enjoyed by opposite-sex married couples.

The court said that, while there are diverse and opposing views in society, it expressed “no view on the associated social, moral and/or religious issues” and that it had adopted a strict legal approach to the matter.

sexuality has been decriminalized since 1991 in Hong Kong, a former British colony that returned to Chinese rule in 1997. The city has an annual pride parade and lively gay scene.

It does not, however, recognise same-sex marriage and LGBT+ activists voice concerns about widespread discrimination. Hong Kong’s top court in June ruled in favour of a gay civil servant fighting for spousal and tax benefits for his husband.
    If China takes over Hong Kong it will go from not being allowed to be married to being executed.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Come on LeBron you Uncle Tom ass , try to see the big picture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq backs up Morey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq backs up Morey

Wow, they actually got license to say something about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...staples-center

"We want to stand with Morey, we want to stand with Hong Kong, but most of all, we want to fight foreign attempts to censor us," an organizer told ESPN.

Morey turning into the white Colin Kaepernick over here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Greg Popovich silent on this issue? Shouldn't he be voicing his opinion like the attention wh0re he is about this? Or is he too much of a pvssy to say anything?
    He's been a quivering pink vagina since the 2016 OKC playoff series that ended Duncan's career.

Nah... scratch that, he's been a pussy since around 2008 WCF... he just got lucky to have a great team that couldn't miss shots in 2014... but the act of benching Duncan in the waning moments of regulation in 6 with the game 99.8% in the bag is still quite possibly the worst subs ution decision in the history of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gregg is a good coach, has a penchant for pretending he doesn't have an ego, and is really poor at subs utions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Midget French Povertyball World Champion has more cojones than LeMao

I'm sure we have enough illegals on this forum to translate his post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media still making it clear they are on the side of Lebron:

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1977101891814/

Thread Information