Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump specifically addressed the situation at his last UN speech. I think that holds a little more water than ing Twitter.
    And then what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I answered your question with an answer you probably weren’t expecting. That’s what.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I answered your question with an answer you probably weren’t expecting. That’s what.
    So nothing l. He's said one more thing than the people you're ing about. Been awhile. Guess he's busy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump specifically addressed the situation at his last UN speech. I think that holds a little more water than ing Twitter.
    lol, the whole China - NBA situation happened because a tweet. Besides, the UN speech was before this whole dust up. The point is that he has not said anything in support of the NBA nor NBA owner's freedom of speech; but when it came to the NFL and their owners, he was very outspoken with his opinion. based on op's logic, that makes Trump a hypocrite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, the whole China - NBA situation happened because a tweet. Besides, the UN speech was before this whole dust up. The point is that he has not said anything in support of the NBA nor NBA owner's freedom of speech; but when it came to the NFL and their owners, he was very outspoken with his opinion. based on op's logic, that makes Trump a hypocrite.
    trumps not the one that apologized to China for choosing a side because it’s going to affect the cash flow. Your just trying to deflect with trump hate. This isn’t about trump. He has a position and it’s in support of democratic Hong Kong. He made that clear at the highest level. On the other hand you have Silver coming out and apologizing for the tweet. Morey deleted and apologized and the rockets owner bending over. Mean while the most “woke” head coaches are not taking a stand. Kerr basically played dumb ass and avoided it like a coward and pop deflected with trump hate which everyone loves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr basically played dumb ass and avoided it like a coward and pop deflected with trump hate which everyone loves.
    What did these two *woke* posuers say? I didn't know Popped addressed it.

Update: I found Kerrs but not Craters.
    https://www.mediaite.com/sports/warr...d-weak-stance/

Ok saw the Pop quote. Didn't want to wade thru the usual spamming Pavlov etc Troll Talk.

Ya his sucks off Silver and spins it over to Trump hate. Soo witty.
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 10-08-2019 at 11:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rack it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Pop says .. " I wish Pop would shut the up "

When Pop doesn't say " Why is Pop not speaking out about this? "

You niglets need to pick a lane...

And honestly, he should state the obvious: the US far from having any authority to tell any other country how to conduct their business.

As my scros hater and TheGreatYacht always say, we bomb the out of innocent people and call it collateral damage, we make up bull terms like "enemy combatant" to remove any kind of due process and skirt the cons ution, we disappear people under "extraordinary rendition" worldwide, then torture them. Sure, we're better than Venezuela, but let's stop pretending our human rights track record is pristine.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    so i guess part of why pop hasn't said something is because he hasn't been asked by the media... but also, he's in a tougher spot than kerr and morey TBH. spurs can't afford to lose another revenue stream... warriors and rockets are relevant...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop addressed this over six hours ago, so I'm not sure what some of you people are ing about other than trying to find reason to .

Full quote:

"I guess I can go at it this way. Adam is a very progressive leader. We all remember how he handled the situation with the former owner of the Clippers. It made everybody proud because it was the right thing to do. A couple of years ago, I was walking the streets in New York City during the gay pride parade. I turned around and here comes a float, and Adam is standing on a float with a big sign in support of LGBTQ. And I felt great again, just like I did with the Clipper deal.

"He came out strongly for freedom of speech (today). I felt great again. He's been a heck of a leader in that respect and very courageous. Then you compare it to what we've had to live through the past three years, it's a big difference. A big gap there, leadership-wise and courage-wise. It wasn't easy for him to say. He said that in an environment fraught with possible economic peril. But he sided with the principles that we all hold dearly, or most of us did until the last three years. I'm thrilled with what he said. The courage and leadership displayed is off the charts by comparison.

"We've all talked about or heard about all the talking heads have and everybody for the last three years, 'What kind of country do you want to be? Who are we? Where do we want to go?' Adam said something that helps you understand what direction you need to go in, rather than the cowardice of not being able to respond to something of the murder of Mr. (Jamal) Khashoggi. There are many, many incidents like that where leadership and courage mean nothing. It's all about personal aggrandizement. I was thrilled."
    I'm sure that will give you some new ammunition to whine about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr is shuttling is pie hole to
    Basically the nba told them shut the up about it
    Kerr and pop are afraid of getting fined only talk on social issues if it does not cost their wallet
    Typical liberals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr is shuttling is pie hole to
    Basically the nba told them shut the up about it
    Kerr and pop are afraid of getting fined only talk on social issues if it does not cost their wallet
    Typical liberals
    Typical poster in this thread with a reading disability

Too busy pushing that agenda to actually read the posts, Pops quote has only been posted a couple times now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like Trump stopped manufacturing all his goods in China while he is parading pretending to fight against China to defend the American worker
    When did Trump criticize his own government for this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trumps not the one that apologized to China for choosing a side because it’s going to affect the cash flow. Your just trying to deflect with trump hate. This isn’t about trump. He has a position and it’s in support of democratic Hong Kong. He made that clear at the highest level. On the other hand you have Silver coming out and apologizing for the tweet. Morey deleted and apologized and the rockets owner bending over. Mean while the most “woke” head coaches are not taking a stand. Kerr basically played dumb ass and avoided it like a coward and pop deflected with trump hate which everyone loves.
    a well done summarization

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When people don't have a valid argument against you, their only option is to try to discredit your opinion.
    You're arguing over who's shown the strongest support for democratic Hong Kong, which is a deflection. I'm arguing that Pop's silence on this topic is not a sign of hypocrisy and brought up Trump as an example of how the op's argument is flawed. Based on everything we know of Pop, we have a pretty good idea of where he stands on this issue. But since he hasn't said it verbally, that makes him a hypocrite?

If people are legitimately upset with Pop for not taking a public stand for democratic Hong Kong, then where was this energy before? It's not like China's social issues started over the weekend, so why wasn't anyone looking for Pop and the other "woke" coaches to say something before? To be up in arms about it now seems disingenuous.
    Last edited by Light; 10-09-2019 at 01:46 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said, I don't condone the violence and it's heart wrenching to see my city being destroyed each day. But if you want to nitpick and show clips of police getting attacked, there are twice the amount of videos online of them beating protestors, many of them young students.

Four years ago this began as a peaceful sit in outside the government offices. It was the government who ordered the police to move protestors out by force. That was when the sit ins moved to the financial district. And again it was police coming in by force with tear gas.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey no worries and thanks for your comments.

The extradition bill was originally slated to be passed by June, but the protests against it began months before. The first weekend of June had 1million people march to protest. The government chose to ignore that. On June 16th, close to 2 million people came out to march which was again ignored. And then the violence escalated from both sides. It wasn't until September when she officially withdrew the bill. But by the time damage has been done on both sides. Protestors had more to be angry about with the police brutality, while the police had to put up a stand every weekend.

I think the west has been very critical of police force whether from the west or what's going on in Hong Kong. The light that the black lives matter movement is portrayed in the media is not too different from the protests in HK now. The press have done a great job of keeping the police in check, as each week they're putting their lives on the line because they're in the heart of the protests, getting sprayed by pepper spray, tear gas, hit by Molotov tails etc. Right now the press is essentially the last straw from complete police authoritarian state. That's why the police right now are seeing the press as the enemy. They're beating and berating them on the front lines preventing them from filming. So I don't think it's getting any more attention than it is in the west. But perhaps it's just that the press have 100+ cameras each day at the heart of every clash, hence more material.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pops trolling the eff out of magaland with that answer. praising silver, supporting free speech, strongly implying pro-HK position, while trashing trump lmao lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pops trolling the eff out of magaland with that answer. praising silver, supporting free speech, strongly implying pro-HK position, while trashing trump lmao lmao
    He’s been trolling the eff out of spurs fans with his coaching for the past few years too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did these two *woke* posuers say? I didn't know Popped addressed it.

Update: I found Kerrs but not Craters.
    https://www.mediaite.com/sports/warr...d-weak-stance/

Ok saw the Pop quote. Didn't want to wade thru the usual spamming Pavlov etc Troll Talk.

Ya his sucks off Silver and spins it over to Trump hate. Soo witty.
    +1

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been trolling the eff out of spurs fans with his coaching for the past few years too.
    also true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Pop and Silver. Sticking to your values is admirable in the face of the potential loss of $$$. Whether you agree with him/them or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop making OP suck a fat .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What did Trump actually say about it? I noticed you avoided quoting him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's comments was simply deflecting the issue and this seems to be the talking points given out to the NBA players and coaches. Talk only about what Adam Silver's position on freedom of speech. There was nothing about condemning the Chinese government or their actions. It was reported this morning that some fans showed up to support the Lakers but they hid their faces once the cameras panned in their direction. That should tell you a lot about the regime.

Also, I could care less about what Pop or Steve Kerr thinks about America but if you are going to be so demonstrative on positions that a large portion of the US population disagrees with and call them ignorant and racist, then you can expect some blow back when they see the hypocrisy in this situation.

Thread Information