Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pop's comments was simply deflecting the issue and this seems to be the talking points given out to the NBA players and coaches. Talk only about what Adam Silver's position on freedom of speech. There was nothing about condemning the Chinese government or their actions. It was reported this morning that some fans showed up to support the Lakers but they hid their faces once the cameras panned in their direction. That should tell you a lot about the regime.

Also, I could care less about what Pop or Steve Kerr thinks about America but if you are going to be so demonstrative on positions that a large portion of the US population disagrees with and call them ignorant and racist, then you can expect some blow back when they see the hypocrisy in this situation.
    Yeah, you're really showing how little you care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's comments was simply deflecting the issue and this seems to be the talking points given out to the NBA players and coaches. Talk only about what Adam Silver's position on freedom of speech. There was nothing about condemning the Chinese government or their actions. It was reported this morning that some fans showed up to support the Lakers but they hid their faces once the cameras panned in their direction. That should tell you a lot about the regime.

Also, I could care less about what Pop or Steve Kerr thinks about America but if you are going to be so demonstrative on positions that a large portion of the US population disagrees with and call them ignorant and racist, then you can expect some blow back when they see the hypocrisy in this situation.

The only blow back is from people who were already critical of Pop

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, you're really showing how little you care.
    The only blow back is from people who were already critical of Pop
    "There are all kinds of stupid people that annoy me but what annoys me most is a lazy argument." Hitchens

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I guess I can go at it this way. Adam is a very progressive leader. We all remember how he handled the situation with the former owner of the Clippers. It made everybody proud because it was the right thing to do. A couple of years ago, I was walking the streets in New York City during the gay pride parade. I turned around and here comes a float, and Adam is standing on a float with a big sign in support of LGBTQ. And I felt great again, just like I did with the Clipper deal.
    Finally Adam has completed his transformation to Dean Pelton.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "There are all kinds of stupid people that annoy me but what annoys me most is a lazy argument." Hitchens
    Then why are you leading with your lazy argument?

HE TALK ABOUT ONE THING HE NEED TALK ABOUT EVERYTHING!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, you could care much much less since you care a tremendously great deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did Trump actually say about it? I noticed you avoided quoting him.
    Your still trying to make this about Trump? I wonder why? To be honest this isn’t a right or left issue. Both sides have come out and condemned the NBA. Whether I agree with a persons politics or not if you educated your self a little bit on what China is doing globally you might feel pissed off at people you wouldn’t have thought of. It goes both ways politically when it comes to China. I have done research both for college and professionally and China is a threat to the World. Look at the influence they have over the NBA right now. The NBA is ing shook. Silver is literally trying to find the right words to say in his presser and has to answer to Yao Ming of all people. If your so curious go find the info. It’s out there. Any dumbass like your self can use google.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Your still trying to make this about Trump? I wonder why? To be honest this isn’t a right or left issue. Both sides have come out and condemned the NBA. Whether I agree with a persons politics or not if you educated your self a little bit on what China is doing globally you might feel pissed off at people you wouldn’t have thought of. It goes both ways politically when it comes to China. I have done research both for college and professionally and China is a threat to the World. Look at the influence they have over the NBA right now. The NBA is ing shook. Silver is literally trying to find the right words to say in his presser and has to answer to Yao Ming of all people. If your so curious go find the info. It’s out there. Any dumbass like your self can use google.
    I did look it up.

I can see why you're afraid to post it.

Just wanted to get your stonewalling on the record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not; him and Kerr are proving everyone right that said they were giant hypocritical pieces of .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And of course this is about Trump. Every Trump on the board is checking in to whine about the dudes who dared speak up against their duce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any dumbass like your self can use google.
    he's the type who needs his hand held tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did look it up.

I can see why you're afraid to post it.

Just wanted to get your stonewalling on the record.
    Afraid of what? Trump already won the presidency. I’m not afraid of . I’m just not going to run and spoon feed you the info. I already answered your question and you didn’t have to say. Just like now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not; him and Kerr are proving everyone right that said they were giant hypocritical pieces of .
    it boils down to...

the NBA benefits monetarily from China.

the NBA benefits monetarily from hating on Trump.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Afraid of what? Trump already won the presidency. I’m not afraid of . I’m just not going to run and spoon feed you the info. I already answered your question and you didn’t have to say. Just like now.
    Yeah, he didn't say anything about being for the democracy movement. He just said that the world will be watching how China treats the demonstrators.

That's what I have to say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when North Carolina passed a law about men can only go to men’s room and women can only go to women’s restrooms. Well the LGQPT has a fit and I believe Silver interjected into state politics and said the NBA All Star game would not take place because of the blatant discrimination law. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when North Carolina passed a law about men can only go to men’s room and women can only go to women’s restrooms. Well the LGQPT has a fit and I believe Silver interjected into state politics and said the NBA All Star game would not take place because of the blatant discrimination law. Someone correct me if I am wrong...
    Pretty sure he said that
    But there is a lot of $$ to be made in China so...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he didn't say anything about being for the democracy movement. He just said that the world will be watching how China treats the demonstrators.

That's what I have to say.
    its not a “democratic movement” you bumbling stumbling quisling idiot. Hong Kong is a democratic nation that was under British rule and China is not honoring that agreement to allow Hong Kong to continue as a free nation. If you would read or at the very least watch Trumps speech in entirety you would clearly hear trump stating that the world expects China to honor that agreement. You are a typical fake news parrot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    its not a “democratic movement” you bumbling stumbling quisling idiot. Hong Kong is a democratic nation that was under British rule and China is not honoring that agreement to allow Hong Kong to continue as a free nation. If you would read or at the very least watch Trumps speech in entirety you would clearly hear trump stating that the world expects China to honor that agreement. You are a typical fake news parrot.
    Hong Kong is not a nation. That's pretty much the stupidest thing anyone has said ITT.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why people keep defecting to Trump. Surely Trump has some moral ground with his tariff battle, but we all know that the trade war was a miscalculation that is going to harm his ability to get re-elected on the only thing that has kept him relevant...the economy.

But Trump has nothing to do with Silver being so afraid of China that he issued a separate statement for the US and China. His statement here in the US is nice and sweet because he is relying on teams, like Rocket ownership, to reign in all talk about China. Note truth teller, Pop, had time to deflect the issue to Trump instead of mentioning the C word. He's as scared of talking about China as all the players. Why? It's bad for business. The NBA relies on the Chinese market to make big money. Pop want to try to recruit a max level player that will be blacklisted by China the minute he signs with the Spurs if Pop is outspoken?

While I don't blame Pop for cowering, I do think the players and Pop are hypocrites. They speak out on the detention centers for immigrants because its safe to do now that Trump is president. But they are silent on concentration camps where political dissidents are forced into slave/free labor to make goods for the US to buy. Try competing with that labor advantage. And when they aren't busy forcing the dissidents to be Santa's little helpers, they are using them to harvest organs. In any other setting, this would be an affront to the world, but here in the US, so many corporations, including the NBA, rely on those Chinese dollars that they won't take a stand and they will let China dictate what they say. I can't wait to watch Disney's live action Mulan and its script that has been approved by the Chinese government.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not sure why people keep defecting to Trump.
    It's all the Trump supporting snowflakes that are up in arms about this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hong Kong is not a nation. That's pretty much the stupidest thing anyone has said ITT.
    You know that Hong Kong operates as its own government under the British agreement with China right? Don’t be stupid or by all means continue to do so. Your so filled with trump hate you can’t even acknowledge the main topic. Typical.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China owns us and the NBA by the balls not even Pop or Kerr would cross that line, chinese overlords would banish them
    America is more than capable of making its own balls; but yea, this does come down to financial kowtowing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You know that Hong Kong operates as its own government under the British agreement with China right?
    Hong Kong is not a nation. Don't double down on your stupid ass declaration.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all the Trump supporting snowflakes that are up in arms about this.
    Some people here are as obsessed with blaming Trump as people here are in supporting him. But Trump has relatively nothing to do with the NBA and Disney kowtowing to China. It's just the next time I hear them talk about detention centers or using the term "owners" for a team, and then jet off to China to sell sneakers, I'm going to puke.

Thread Information