Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these people mad about China and doing business with them are out there buying their at walmart. Because China and what they do don't matter, a coach hurting their feelings does.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these people mad about China and doing business with them are out there buying their at walmart. Because China and what they do don't matter, a coach hurting their feelings does.
    Yes, but the criticism is that Pop opens his mouth to criticize the US every time the press asks him a question about some issue in the country, but when they ask them about China, he won't utter the C-word. Basically, he's fine criticizing Americans and how we do things because there is no consequence, even praise. But when his words could mean something in the middle of protesters in Hong Kong looking for support from the outside world, he chooses not to say a word. It makes him look like he's just a biased partisan instead of really being honest in his critiques about our country. Once you take the mantle of truth teller, you can't pick and chose when you want to step on the soapbox without being called out.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh man, this is rich coming from Bone Spurs

1. They don’t speak badly about the US, they speak badly about YOU.
    2. This guy said the US intelligence departments were second rate and fluffs up Russia. Also ran his whole campaign around the fact that this country sucked and he wanted to make it great again lol.
    3. The guy that’s neutral about all of this China-HK stuff is calling out others for being neutral

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, Trump has no shame. You should know that by now. The guy is a walking contradiction. But Pop and Kerr did lob a softball over the plate and he's going to knock it for a home run. Kerr was particularly weak looking in avoiding the question.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Stunningly, American black men and the men who work with them every day seem more concerned with domestic issues they can actually affect and that affect them and/or people they know. Just like pretty much most people in the world.

Crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol this rotting pumpkin faced looking got is routinely ting on and talking about his own country can't believe there are re s on here that still felate this dumb every chance they get

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stunningly, American black men and the men who work with them every day seem more concerned with domestic issues they can actually affect and that affect them and/or people they know. Just like pretty much most people in the world.

Crazy.
    Yes, but they speak out and nothing happens. So under your logic, they should stop talking per your other posts. But if they care about human rights, then why not speak out? Hardin was falling over himself to assure China that he is good. Just let the man keep selling his shoes in China and he'll look the other way at whatever.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Crazy.
    Right wingers should know this. The old white boomers in congress took care of the opioids situation in a hurry when it was affecting their fellow whites.

Crazy

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes, but they speak out and nothing happens. So under your logic, they should stop talking per your other posts
    No, they can talk if they want to. You were the one pretending it would make a difference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt Morey even considered that his tweet would mean anything except to the "woke" people. This fool stumbled into this mess. BTW.. who didn't already know how ty communist China was towards its people?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And nothing changed in China.

Not one damn thing.
    I thought I heard some streams were cut off and some sort of event canceled.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but the criticism is that Pop opens his mouth to criticize the US every time the press asks him a question about some issue in the country, but when they ask them about China, he won't utter the C-word. Basically, he's fine criticizing Americans and how we do things because there is no consequence, even praise. But when his words could mean something in the middle of protesters in Hong Kong looking for support from the outside world, he chooses not to say a word. It makes him look like he's just a biased partisan instead of really being honest in his critiques about our country. Once you take the mantle of truth teller, you can't pick and chose when you want to step on the soapbox without being called out.

So you've taken the mantle and gone on to criticize everytime your boy donny contradicts himself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care about China or what they're doing this is about pop and his moral hypocrisy. Shows the kind of man he is

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't care about China or what they're doing this is about pop and his moral hypocrisy. Shows the kind of man he is
    nice to know you have priorities.

Human rights and democracy? naw.

Pop bad for not talking about the thing I don't care about? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but RGMCSE and you and most posters here have very little power to influence China. But guys like Pop, the coach of the national team, and Silver, the head of a multi-billion dollar company have power and opportunity and mouthpiece to stand up to China and instead they are silenced in fear. That's why people are calling them out. To compare the position of Pop and Silver to a Spurstalk poster is not an argument, it's a sign of a lack of an argument.
    That's such a naive thing to say. What are you 18 and just learning about the world? Really hate when people get their world news from Le Bron and other entertainers like him. Then they assign them this status of being powerful when all they are is a big fish in a small bowl. The NBA is simply caught in a tough spot. Every business is about the bottom line and they have to do what they have to do to "work things out". They just feed you what you want to hear so they can keep you hooked and make money off you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice to know you have priorities.

Human rights and democracy? naw.

Pop bad for not talking about the thing I don't care about? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS
    Thoughts on pop being a hypocrite ?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thoughts on pop being a hypocrite ?
    Already posted. Try reading. Oh, you're not here for that either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already posted. Try reading. Oh, you're not here for that either.
    Just tell me

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you've taken the mantle and gone on to criticize everytime your boy donny contradicts himself?
    You guys only see the world through politics. That's why you are all mixed up on this and defending the indefensible. I'm not a Trump voter and I'm not a fan. Being silenced by China was an embarrassment to how bad our country is kowtowing to their demands. I am critical of Trump, just read my posts on this thread. The kudos I give him is only for having the balls (or stupidity more likely) to start a trade war with China. But I predict it will either cost him the election (it is the only thing he has to run on...the economy) or he'll reach some fake compromise with China and pretend like he won the trade war.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's such a naive thing to say. What are you 18 and just learning about the world? Really hate when people get their world news from Le Bron and other entertainers like him. Then they assign them this status of being powerful when all they are is a big fish in a small bowl. The NBA is simply caught in a tough spot. Every business is about the bottom line and they have to do what they have to do to "work things out". They just feed you what you want to hear so they can keep you hooked and make money off you.
    I couldn't be more right and I think you prove my point. The NBA was caught in a bad position, the position it put itself in. And the NBA could have taken a stand for human rights and they cowered because money was more important than principal. If every business is about the bottom line, then football players shouldn't kneel, but I bet you disagree with that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Poop is chicken and the king of grandstanding when there's nothing on the line. He knows he can rag on Trump at will with no repercussions.

Now in this instance, his words actually carry weight and might add fuel to the fire. So chicken Poop decided to pussy out instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poop is chicken and the king of grandstanding when there's nothing on the line. He knows he can rag on Trump at will with no repercussions.

Now in this instance, his words actually carry weight and might add fuel to the fire. So chicken Poop decided to pussy out instead.
    Yup a goddamn shame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you weren't even talking about what you do?
    naw! 😭 I own a bodega / bagel shop in manhattan. Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the chinese and their flea market bull

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    President Donald Trump, in his first public comments about the NBA's relationship with China, criticized Warriors coach Steve Kerr and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich for their response to questions about the controversy.

Trump weighed in on the topic Wednesday afternoon, saying the NBA has to "work out their own situation" with China while he was critical of Kerr and Popovich, saying they "were pandering to China."

Kerr, who has been publicly critical of Trump and vocal on several social issues in the United States, said Monday that he had no comment when asked about the fallout from Rockets GM Daryl Morey's tweet last week that showed support for anti-government protesters in Hong Kong.

Trump ripped Kerr two days later, saying that the three-time championship-winning coach "was like a little boy, he was so scared to be even answering the question," Trump said. "He couldn't answer the question -- he was shaking 'Oh, oh, oh, I don't know. I don't know.'

"He didn't know how to answer the question, and yet he'll talk about the United States very badly."
    Poop
    Kerr

Thread Information