San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/preview/2019/SAS

"With San Antonio considering signing him to a max extension"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Front Office is clueless. Only, the ONLY reason I would do this is if it’s a requirement with a trade partner.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fans need to bring brown paper bags to every home game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh.

A FO can be past it's prime too. They just don't get it anymore...they lost the plot...unless mediocrity is the goal now, in which case, this FO is still in prime form.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Sigh.

A FO can be past it's prime too. They just don't get it anymore...they lost the plot...unless mediocrity is the goal now, in which case, this FO is still in prime form.
    PATFO is trying to save face from getting fleeced by their father Masai. They will never admit they made a mistake trading Kawhi for Derozen and they’re doubling down by extending him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO is trying to save face from getting fleeced by their father Masai. They will never admit they made a mistake trading Kawhi for Derozen and they’re doubling down by extending him
    I've voiced this very same opinion since the beginning. Next they'll justify it by saying he "works really hard", and "is a great locker room guy" just like they did with Patty as if all of that is still worth anchoring your franchise around a guy with an outdated game and penchant for choking.

But, hey, instant 8th seed pretender. So tickets will be sold. Maybe that's all that matters these days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't have articles saying Spurs are questioning Derozan's fit on the team and is not considering a max extension. This would cause more trouble and lower Spurs trade value if they wanted to swing Derozan for some assets. Everyone in here needs to put things into context that this is media reports.

Derozan and his agent will be looking for this. This shouldn't surprise anyone. Spurs should at least on the face "consider" this and give Derozan the motivation to do exactly what they want from him. Helps both sides, they can be on the same ball park, and usually Spurs find a way out or a way to stay in to their organization for their players.
    Last edited by SpursDynasty85; 10-09-2019 at 03:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But who else is going to replace a 21/6/6 player that plays no defense and doesn't have a 3 pt shot in 2019? Who else is going to replace this perennial loser?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Demar, but to give him the max in his thirties is desperate. Good while it lasted boys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this really helpful information?

*Don't the Spurs have to consider signing him anyway, even for the max?
    *If they were to trade him, wouldn't they want the other teams to think they valued him?
    *They've been "considering" this for a while now. Maybe they are just trying to see if they can sign him for less than the max?

I do think they won't make the playoffs if they trade him and don't get a good player in return. I anticipate if they don't sign him or trade him, he'll have a good year and walk in free agency. Then the Spurs will ask what they got for Kawhi and it will look even worse. I think letting DeRozan go for nothing is their worst case scenario and something they will proactively try to avoid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like DeMar but to his credit and short comings, he's not being used correctly offensively. The guy should be used with 3 point shooters but his only true outlet is Bryn Forbes who has a lot of short comings himself. The whole thing is just clogged.

Our 3 point shooters can't play defense and the players who can play defense can't shoot for . Horribly constructed team from last year is still horribly constructed which makes sense because there wasn't a lot of turnover outside of Bertans.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real question is who are the two players better then DeRozan they are going to sign to make this team a contender?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well deserved

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patfo didnt take westbrook contract but give ddr max extension...
    logic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No words, tbh. RIP PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But who else is going to replace a 21/6/6 player that plays no defense and doesn't have a 3 pt shot in 2019? Who else is going to replace this perennial loser?
    No other “star” will sign here, so why not
    Good locker room guy
    Murray, white, walker aren’t that good yet
    Yada yada yada

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patfo didnt take westbrook contract but give ddr max extension...
    logic
    Would be too many point guards. Unless you’re sayin we would have included White or Murray

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be too many point guards. Unless you’re sayin we would have included White or Murray
    i would include mills hehe
    btw westbrook could play with white, murray would be a great 6th man bc hes still not ready to be main pg.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a done deal according to the reactions itt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will believe this when they sign him ... Until then, this is just noise.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Absolute imbeciles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a ing joke. And I'm not even a DD hater but this dude is not worth anywhere near what his max would be. in bull man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Father Masai' just signed Lowry for $31M and has zero assets to show for that trade now.

Thread Information