Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This China thing is big.

The NBA is basically subscribing to Chinese Communist Party dictating American freedom of speech laws.

And Pop has nothing to say?
    He is always very happy to criticize the government and the President. Meantime Kerr stutters some sorry-ass excuse not to comment...

Got to love the progressive NBA.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China owns us and the NBA by the balls not even Pop or Kerr would cross that line, chinese overlords would banish them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Pop has to be worried about the whole world as much as the country he lives and pays taxes in.

Get out of here with this . Of all people, Trumpers shouldn't be the ones worried about other nations.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop tends to give his straight opinion on non-basketball stuff when a reporter axes him about it. (or when he’s trying to deflect after a poor team performance). give him time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every leftwinger activist is an hypocrite!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Pop has to be worried about the whole world as much as the country he lives and pays taxes in.

Get out of here with this . Of all people, Trumpers shouldn't be the ones worried about other nations.
    You don't seem to understand that Morey is an american citizen, expressing his view -BTW a quite banal view than any 5 y.o. American child can agree upon.
    The Chinese Communist party exercised censorship IN America, not in China. I guess you like it that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wish the NBA was this apolitical all the time tbh

ing idiot morey Twitter activism about to cost his team and the league hundreds of billions of dollars

fat stat nerd

what are the advanced stats for this situation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't seem to understand that Morey is an american citizen, expressing his view -BTW a quite banal view than any 5 y.o. American child can agree upon.
    The Chinese Communist party exercised censorship IN America, not in China. I guess you like it that way.
    daryl morey isn't being prosecuted for his comments. that's freedom of speech. if the NBA wants to prioritize its bottom line, it can do that. freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequence

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has a member of media ask him publicly yet?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Another ragethread posted from Chinese equipment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has a member of media ask him publicly yet?
    No I don’t think the team made him available to press - Walker and Mills were asked and they both stuck to talking points.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Spurs fan from Hong Kong and usually read more than I post.

We have been protesting since early June against the extradition bill. The initial message wasn't even for independence, but simply objection to a law which would have severely encroach on our civil liberties. There was a weekend where two million people came out for a peaceful march which was ignored by the government.

What started off as peaceful protests were met with violent clashes with the police trying to suppress the message. While I don't condone the violence, I see how the government pushes these protestors to this point with the police instigating the situation with the generous use of tear gas and pepper spray. Keep in mind these are almost all high school and university students in the forefront who are getting beaten and arrested. It's terrifying seeing the city become the police authoritarian state which the western world fears.

I respect Morey for speaking up, but it's just a shame he took it down right away. As a resident of Hong Kong we would love to see the NBA take a firm stance on what they believe in, free speech without a fear of repercussions. If they can allow for players to speak about black lives matter openly, the same should be done for supporting Hong Kong without the fear of the Chinese Communist party pulling the plug. It's definitely difficult to swallow the fact that money speaks louder than morals and principles.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Some of you dummies really need to learn what free speech / the first amendment is. the american government cannot infringe upon your free speech. you can however face repercussions at your job for voicing an opinion contrary to that of a highly valuable business partner. not that hard to understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blizzard did something similar today too, sucks to see tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I disagree. Pop frames things in terms of right and wrong, not USA vs. Foreign Country. In a world where we are all interconnected, he should be consistent in his truth telling. Now, I think we can't assume that he will say nothing, if given the opportunity. Maybe he'll say something in the near future. But if he doesn't, then any progressive Spurs fan should be a little disappointed. It's not hard to bad mouth Trump to a fawning media that is going to put you on their shoulders and parade you around as hero. It's hard to truth tell when you would suffer some detriment. China would respond to Pop criticizing their human rights violations. But if you are a truth teller and right and wrong is the highest priority, then Pop should speak out the most against China, if in fact he is a truth teller. If not, then he's just a joe-shmo giving his biased opinion of politics in a painless forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another ragethread posted from Chinese equipment.
    should we not criticize the US government if we ever bought a product made in the US? i dont understand this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. Pop frames things in terms of right and wrong, not USA vs. Foreign Country. In a world where we are all interconnected, he should be consistent in his truth telling. Now, I think we can't assume that he will say nothing, if given the opportunity. Maybe he'll say something in the near future. But if he doesn't, then any progressive Spurs fan should be a little disappointed. It's not hard to bad mouth Trump to a fawning media that is going to put you on their shoulders and parade you around as hero. It's hard to truth tell when you would suffer some detriment. China would respond to Pop criticizing their human rights violations. But if you are a truth teller and right and wrong is the highest priority, then Pop should speak out the most against China, if in fact he is a truth teller. If not, then he's just a joe-shmo giving his biased opinion of politics in a painless forum.
    “progressive” spurs fans smdh. shut up and dribble

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why anyone cares what Pop thinks about Trump, China, or any other political issue. I just hope the Spurs are good this year.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *in before the lock?

We have been protesting since early June against the extradition bill. The initial message wasn't even for independence, but simply objection to a law which would have severely encroach on our civil liberties. There was a weekend where two million people came out for a peaceful march which was ignored by the government.

What started off as peaceful protests were met with violent clashes with the police trying to suppress the message. While I don't condone the violence, I see how the government pushes these protestors to this point with the police instigating the situation with the generous use of tear gas and pepper spray. Keep in mind these are almost all high school and university students in the forefront who are getting beaten and arrested. It's terrifying seeing the city become the police authoritarian state which the western world fears.

I respect Morey for speaking up, but it's just a shame he took it down right away. As a resident of Hong Kong we would love to see the NBA take a firm stance on what they believe in, free speech without a fear of repercussions. If they can allow for players to speak about black lives matter openly, the same should be done for supporting Hong Kong without the fear of the Chinese Communist party pulling the plug. It's definitely difficult to swallow the fact that money speaks louder than morals and principles.
    Adam Silver released a statement in a press con in Japan.

Looks like the CCP disagreed. All NBA pre season games will no longer be televised, if I’m not mistaken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blizzard did something similar today too, sucks to see tbh
    Adam Silver’s recent statement was not received well by China. I wonder if Blizzard would do something similar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA hates America and is in bed with China. Confirmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As we all type on our Chinese made phones and computers. outta here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thanks for your post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This China thing is big.

The NBA is basically subscribing to Chinese Communist Party dictating American freedom of speech laws.

And Pop has nothing to say?
    He is always very happy to criticize the government and the President. Meantime Kerr stutters some sorry-ass excuse not to comment...

Got to love the progressive NBA.
    like Trump stopped manufacturing all his goods in China while he is parading pretending to fight against China to defend the American worker

Thread Information