Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    don't hold your breath, this roster is DOA.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    rockets, lakers, jazz, clippers, mavs improve by a wide margin... the spurs' splash was adding trey lyles

morris almost signing was intriguing, guess the spurs can't be blamed with how turned out.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if the spurs intend on pinning their future on DDR by resigning him (with no intention of trading him)... then there it's gonna be some yikes basketball.

la won't stick around to keep getting bounced in the POs. and the season before he's a FA, his trade stock won't be higher than it will be this season.

both la and DDR should be shipped out tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs miss Messina, tbh.... the defense is nowhere near what it used to be...

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we all want White to succeed and feel he has the tools to do so. He did drop 37 pts in a playoff game. Nevertheless, his biggest issue right now is consistency and confidence when things don't go well. It's still only preseason so let's see how it plays out before making any declaration.
    Whats getting overlooked is those bagging DWhite are assuming he got veins of a Manu Ginibili, come in and just turn it on.

Heres a scoop for you all. There's only one Manu. Coming off from the bench when you're used to being a starter is deflating unless your name is Manu.

Other legit reasons, it's only preseason and derrick could really be fatigued. They played in another time zone and games were every second day. Hes had no breaks at all.Derrick would be in conserve mode right now. That would also be coaches advice.

The biggest concern is still the lack of three. How Demar and DJ going in the department since they starters? Doesnt look promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the spurs intend on pinning their future on DDR by resigning him (with no intention of trading him)... then there it's gonna be some yikes basketball.

la won't stick around to keep getting bounced in the POs. and the season before he's a FA, his trade stock won't be higher than it will be this season.

both la and DDR should be shipped out tbh.
    I see the same mid-range shots. I don’t know what he worked on this Summer. I know it’s pre-season but Heat opened the margin with our regular guys in there. I mean Patty and Beli still the usual suspect with atrocious defense. Pop better have tricks under his sleeves, coz I’m not seeing anything new.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 13 3pt shots in the whole game. 4 taken by the starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs miss Messina, tbh.... the defense is nowhere near what it used to be...
    Becky will set it up.

Ahem....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 13 3pt shots in the whole game. 4 taken by the starters.
    And one by Aldridge, who’s the last one I want to see chucking 3’s.

It’s just pre-season, it’s just pre-seaso, it’s just pre-season

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And one by Aldridge, who’s the last one I want to see chucking 3’s.

It’s just pre-season, it’s just pre-seaso, it’s just pre-season
    Concur wholeheartedly. Spurs using LA to space the floor for DJ and Demar should be the last resort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concur wholeheartedly. Spurs using LA to space the floor for DJ and Demar should be the last resort.
    I disagree with this. I want to see Aldridge used as a stretch 5 when he's on the floor with DD. He's the better shooter & DeRozan is better at drawing fouls & playmaking, so makes sense to have the ball in his hands. Hopefully their minutes are staggered as much as possible.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team should always go with the higher percentage shot in the post and best inside /out creator on offense. That's LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay fadeaway 2s!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, you really are delusional if you think White has a Nephew (or even Parker/Ginobili) like ceiling.

He isn't going to be a superstar in the NBA. He could make an all - star appearance or two but he'll really need to pick up his play for that to happen.
    Congratulations on being that idiot that assumes I'm suggesting he has a Nephew type ceiling.

You don't have to be a superstar type player to get empowered by your coaching staff/team. Look at your boy JMurray. He was shooting like 20% those first 7 quarters of the series, but did they pull him? Nah, he was still out there and won Game 2 for them with his 4th Qtr explosion. Look at how they doubled down on him in the off-season with that ridiculous contract extension. I don't think it'll work out for DEN, since I don't believe in JMurray as a player, but they're doing everything right to make the guy feel like he has their full, unwavering support.

Can you honestly say the same about White?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your expectations for him in year 2 if Pop does coddle him and does everything to pamper him? Do you think he can be playing at an all-star level?
    Noone is asking for coddling and pampering. You want an answer then ask the question right, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Noone is asking for coddling and pampering. You want an answer then ask the question right, got.
    White has gotten plenty of opportunity from Pop. Pop treats everyone same on the Spurs but definitely made a point to give White extra confidence by putting him into USA basketball program running as the point gaurd (still believe he should be playing more SG though). Spurs need to develop Murray and Walker IV as well. White is 25 years old. He needs to be ready to go right when he gets in the game, if he is not, it's his fault at this point.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Demar goes the preseason without showing off a 3pt shot, I see no reason to keep him. Trade him now, because the Spurs wont go anywhere without spacing the floor. He has value.

Thread Information