My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...gic-preseason/

tl;dr: Forbes and Murray showed some promise. Everyone else? Not so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...gic-preseason/

tl;dr: Forbes and Murray showed some promise. Everyone else? Not so much.
    I love your dedication. I fell asleep after the 3rd quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades! Good to hear Forbes is playing with confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I hope the web/blog project is working well for you. The time you have put in this forum needed to be rewarded somehow, hopefully the new site helps.

In absence of stream video, grades are specially helpful. May I ask you about which position played Samanic? Crossing fingers for a different answer than “he played as center”.

Just in in case you have time, another question: how did DJ played the pick&roll? I assume his defense went under the screen...

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sPuRs ArE cOnTeNdEr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. I hope the web/blog project is working well for you. The time you have put in this forum needed to be rewarded somehow, hopefully the new site helps.

In absence of stream video, grades are specially helpful. May I ask you about which position played Samanic? Crossing fingers for a different answer than “he played as center”.

Just in in case you have time, another question: how did DJ played the pick&roll? I assume his defense went under the screen...
    When Samanic came in, there were no other guards with him in the lineup aside from Keldon if you count him as a guard. It was a wacky lineup at the end. If i were to choose, he looked like the PF out there. When he switched onto a guard on defense, he looked good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Murray’s first game back, he should get an A+. He looked lightening quick with the ball and shot his jumper with a lot more confidence. This is going to be a big year for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's back, yay! Thanks, timvp, it's been a long, slow summer. Nice to see DJM moving well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there no full game replay available? Didn't catch the first half. Weatherspoon will be a nice bench player next season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there no full game replay available? Didn't catch the first half. Weatherspoon will be a nice bench player next season

Only one I've found but it's not even full game. Just a 2 minute recap.

https://youtu.be/AEXQp5d4kjM

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a full game replay, there would have had to be a Broadcast, and neither team did so.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a full game replay, there would have had to be a Broadcast, and neither team did so.

For a full game replay there would have to have been a game. TBH, FWIW, AFAIC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Samanic came in, there were no other guards with him in the lineup aside from Keldon if you count him as a guard. It was a wacky lineup at the end. If i were to choose, he looked like the PF out there. When he switched onto a guard on defense, he looked good.
    Thank you

Samanic looks absolutely versatile in both offense and defense. I think he should be a forward, 3-4 position in current basketball. Like Davis Bertans. It was frustrating to me to watch Bertans playing PF (even some minutes as C in his first season) and I'm scared of PATFO making the same mistake again.
    Could you say who was playing C when Samanic was on the court?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you

Samanic looks absolutely versatile in both offense and defense. I think he should be a forward, 3-4 position in current basketball. Like Davis Bertans. It was frustrating to me to watch Bertans playing PF (even some minutes as C in his first season) and I'm scared of PATFO making the same mistake again.
    Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you

Eubanks. Samanic looks way more versatile than Bertans and has shown flashes that he can bang down low which Bertans never did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks. Samanic looks way more versatile than Bertans and has shown flashes that he can bang down low which Bertans never did.
    B-but we need him instead of lyles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic is really talented, it all depends on his adaptation to the US and the NBA world and being able of climbing the first steps of the ladder. I have high expectations of him.

Eubanks should steal some minutes at the C just thanks to his intensity. Johnson seems to be D-League material yet but he looks to be one season away from becoming a useful player.

In the World Cup, Metu looked much more polished skills wise but he still needs to improve a lot his decission making and learn the collective fundamentals of defense and ofense. He needs to learn fast or the compe ion at his position will pull him out of the team.

I don't believe Weatherspoon has a high ceiling but I didn't either Forbes had it and there he is starting in a playoff team. It's good for our real projects (Murray, White, Walker) that other young guards are working hard and playing well. Healthy compe ion pushes progression.

I like the end of our 15 players roster much more than what we had last season. They can put more pressure on the real rotation players wich is important as that pressure escalates until the top of the pyramide. Championship teams (2014 Spurs i.e.) usually have that perfect roster construction, position by position, from the towell wavers to the closing unit.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lost!

Cue the ...

TRADE threads!!!

for various garbage players on the refuse bin!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lost!

Cue the ...

TRADE threads!!!

for various garbage players on the refuse bin!
    Especially the gem of trading DeMar to Charlotte for Nicolas ing Batum!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay is done. Carroll and Lyles are going to see a lot of minutes this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a 9 minute highlight video:

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I hope I'm not eating crow about Keldon Johnson for the rest of his time here. (Odin has a pair of them that sit on his shoulders, and they always looed stringy as .) There's no way he's taking minutes with that kind of performance. He's not a speed demon, but I thought he had better defensive instincts that would carry him. Maybe it was just jitters, but he was disappointing.

Not as disappointing as Derrick White. He should have come out brimming with confidence and ready to prove something. I know it was a preseason game, but it was preseason for both teams.

Thread Information