Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks here were excited about Lonnie in the summer like Marco and Bryn stopped existing Poop will always stick with his scrubs who can’t defend. Period.
    Don't forget that got Mills. He's still clearly the backup PG....sigh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, you're the one that put this team together, jackass...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha. This front office is finally realizing what a horrible roster they’ve built and their archaic system’s inep ude. It’s too late buddy. You should’ve retired 4 years ago.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

World Cup II

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they struggle out of the gate, there may be some positives in that an extension from DeRozan is not likely to happen and Pop may give the younger guys some more run during the season. However, it's still super early so not ready to draw any conclusions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea... Not a fan of The Great Yatch but somewhere he made a comment of imagine what Pop would do with a team whose best players were the 40 year old Scola and the 5'9" Campazzo and how far he would go with that team.

It's preseason but already hearing that it's going to be a "a long ass year" from Pop was not inspiring.

Again, it's preseason so we'll see... but wow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, unfortunately with this roster and the way the West has gotten better, I seriously expect us to miss the playoffs. This team has mid to low-Western conference written all over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preseason doesn't usually give any real indication on the Spurs real status. Still, they played like .
    I was mostly worried by the startes defensive mistakes, they kept compounding. Murray looks in great physical conditions though.

Also, I guess White is thinking: "what more do I have to do to start? I carried the team -after rushing back from an injury- for the best part of last season, and what I get is a boot?" Not sure is a good idea to snub him for Murray, at this stage.
    Or start them together. Stagger their minutes throughout the game. Close with both of them.

Not everyone is Manu. White's doesn't have an ego, so in that regard he can handle being a 6th man but confidence wise it'll affect him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or start them together. Stagger their minutes throughout the game. Close with both of them.

Not everyone is Manu. White's doesn't have an ego, so in that regard he can handle being a 6th man but confidence wise it'll affect him.
    Honestly that is what I want to see. Murray and White start together, see what happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly that is what I want to see. Murray and White start together, see what happens.
    It’ll mean that any combination of Mills, Forbes and Beli will play together off the bench so any good that Murray/White did as starters will be squandered almost immediately.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every roster combination will be ty, i said that before and repeat once again spurs are not contender, management did a lot of mistakes (kawhi trade, this ofseason etc) and pop isnt that pop like we used to know. Time for a changes, i hope ddr, mills will be traded and spurs out of PO and get finally a top pick + timmy as a head coach after this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You want Mills, Forbes and Bellinelli to share minutes together? Just to benefit White? That sounds selfish if you want that nightmare to happen just so he can start.
    The whole purpose of him coming off the bench is to avoid that. People on here were killing Pop when he was playing all those guys together and he adjusted so they didn’t have to play together and now you want it to return?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every roster combination will be ty, i said that before and repeat once again spurs are not contender, management did a lot of mistakes (kawhi trade, this ofseason etc) and pop isnt that pop like we used to know. Time for a changes, i hope ddr, mills will be traded and spurs out of PO and get finally a top pick + timmy as a head coach after this season.
    Morris really screwed ya badly. We were gonna have some competent roster combinations before he backed out..

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris really screwed ya badly. We were gonna have some competent roster combinations before he backed out..
    even with morris this team wouldnt be significantly better. First of all we should have taken LAs deal for kawhi, second of all be more active on FAs market. These are fundamentla mistakes. Now we dont have an allstar caliber player nor young talented guys. Almost every nba team made a step forward by upgrading their squad in short or long term. Spurs? nothing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting lineup needs to be

Murray
    forbes
    DDR
    carrol
    LMA

Bench rotation should be

Mills
    white
    Walker\Beli
    Gay
    poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting lineup needs to be

Murray
    forbes
    DDR
    carrol
    LMA

Bench rotation should be

Mills
    white
    Walker\Beli
    Gay
    poeltl

Murray/Walker
    White/Forbes
    Demar/Keldon
    Carroll/Gay
    Aldridge/Poetl

Mills and Belli in limited minutes and never together on court can work, but as long as they are in the main rotation our perimeter defense will suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense should get better come regular season, at least that’s what Pop promised to improve on from last year. And with our personnel, it should be. I pray they play less of Patty and Beli. Their defense is atrocious. It’s contagious if you see your teammate getting blown by. I mean that lets the air out. Defense should create transition offense, rebound, pushing the ball and dishing to open 3 if necessary. Murray needs to finish also and not just look to pass. Soon defense will relax on him and create double team on LA/?. He needs to aggressively take open shots if there. I don’t see any of the young rookies making it, so send them to Austin and start tightening the roster. Spurs cannot afford to lose winnable games. The West is so loaded, each win/loss could mean 2nd seed or 7th. GSG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want Mills, Forbes and Bellinelli to share minutes together? Just to benefit White? That sounds selfish if you want that nightmare to happen just so he can start.
    The whole purpose of him coming off the bench is to avoid that. People on here were killing Pop when he was playing all those guys together and he adjusted so they didn’t have to play together and now you want it to return?
    Do you know what staggering their minutes means?

And in case you didn't notice, Mills-Forbes-Belli still shared the court at times yesterday. Having White come off the bench hasn't gotten rid of that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long is the Derrick White confidence thing...going to be a thing? Dude basically won a playoff game by himself...was no worst than the second best player on the spurs overall that series...played for team USA...like what is he not confident about? Cause Pop is jerking his minutes? He did the same thing with Tony, with Manu, with Hill, with Kawhi...so I mean is this dude going to go into the tank because he doesn't start or one game he plays 13 minutes and one game he plays 22 minutes? I think he can be great but he needs to figure out how to keep his balls from contracting up into his butthole. Lonnie has played with WAY more confidence and when you listen to him talk in interviews you can tell he KNOWS its going to be an uphill battle for him to get any minutes at all this year over mills and belli...

Dejounte needs to take some of his swag and rub it on Whites 2nd or 3rd forehead or something...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it's a preseason game but that doesn't take away the fact that the Spurs overall are just plain bad looking. Hopefully they will get a wake up call sooner then later.

The fact that it seems DDR still hasn't worked on a 3pt shot should voice out any talks about extensions.
    Last edited by Chomag; 10-09-2019 at 02:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you are bombarded with “it’s just basketball, theres more important things” all the time from the head coach, what do you expect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no amount of staggering minutes that will save you from the tiness that is Fatty, Belli, and Forbes (who can't defend well enough at any position especially the 2, and isn't good enough at handling the ball or running an offense to be a true PG).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even with morris this team wouldnt be significantly better. First of all we should have taken LAs deal for kawhi, second of all be more active on FAs market. These are fundamentla mistakes. Now we dont have an allstar caliber player nor young talented guys. Almost every nba team made a step forward by upgrading their squad in short or long term. Spurs? nothing.
    What LA deal? The one that doesn’t have any proof? The one that would have included Tobias Harris? So then we would just be maxing out Harris instead? Or wait... Harris leaves as a free agent? “Oh now we have a lot of cap space!” CAP SPACE FOR WHAT? Nobody of note would want to come to San Antonio so that cap space would have been used on overpaying current players and signing a few mediocre ones. We weren’t in really any good positions anyways.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't lose Duncan, Leonard, Ginobili and Parker in a 3 year period and expect them to continue to be a le contender. Surprised they have been as good as they have been. Most teams sink to the bottom after losing their best players.

Thread Information