Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know what staggering their minutes means?

And in case you didn't notice, Mills-Forbes-Belli still shared the court at times yesterday. Having White come off the bench hasn't gotten rid of that.
    Those were preseason rotations in the second half when DeMar, LA and DJ were done playing. Of course they would share the court in that case. In the regular season when those guys play 4 quarters that wouldn’t be the case.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't lose Duncan, Leonard, Ginobili and Parker in a 3 year period and expect them to continue to be a le contender. Surprised they have been as good as they have been. Most teams sink to the bottom after losing their best players.
    Exactly. Some people don’t understand how lucky we are. Sure we have been spoiled with les. But we haven’t sinked to Charlotte level bad. Even the high and mighty Lakers were a bad team for years. But at least we have kept being compe ive. If we attempted a hard rebuild and started losing a lot that would be torture and these “fans” wouldn’t be able to handle it.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What LA deal? The one that doesn’t have any proof? The one that would have included Tobias Harris? So then we would just be maxing out Harris instead? Or wait... Harris leaves as a free agent? “Oh now we have a lot of cap space!” CAP SPACE FOR WHAT? Nobody of note would want to come to San Antonio so that cap space would have been used on overpaying current players and signing a few mediocre ones. We weren’t in really any good positions anyways.
    nobody wants to come to play in spurs bc we dont have anything to offer. NO all star caliber player for at least couple pf years, NONE young prospects to build future around = no real chance to win a chip. Ofc there are still players who dont care about chip and yeah sure they will never come to play in san antonio. If we had tobias harris im more than sure that we could bring someone else and had a great duo. The only thing spurs could compete with other teams in signing new players is a real chances to win and great coaches - nothing else. Take a look what brought LMA to spurs- real chances to be at least in conference finals. Spus have to make some big moves if not, they will be still an average team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pretty much the team we will have all year with no trades likely so hopefully they can get it together and play to the potential we think they have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A mediocre talent, poorly constructed roster is struggling? Shocking. The fact that we’re putting so much stock into 3 young guys carrying the team just tells you how much work the team needs. Just an antiquated system from a stubborn coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "They're professionals. They shouldn't have to be inspired."
    I think a lot of that falls on Pop they know he could care less if they win its more about conditioning and getting to jell as a team. Is that the right way not sure but I see no sense of urgency from players or coaches.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the usual caveats, but it's undeniable that every swing issue for this team doesn't look good . . .

- Starting Poeltl is insane. The last thing the starting lineup can afford is another non shooter, plus by starting their only 2 credible bigs, early foul trouble to one would put them in a bad spot.

- Predictably, shooting more 3s is clearly not being emphasized, as none of the players who need to are even making a token attempt to pretend. They're shooting so few right now that they'd basically need to play a near perfect game in every other area to have a chance in most games.

- Because of this, they're constantly having to rob Peter to pay Paul, with the end result being zero 2-way lineups.

- The youth looks overrated (not to be confused with bad). Walker is the only one who flashes go-to potential, but even he looks to be more in the vein of an empty calories type.

- Virtually everyone wants to see Walker over Belinelli (I'm no different), but can they really afford to excise one of their 3 legit threats from 3? They're already shooting them at dangerously low levels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is Pop starting Poeltl

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes zero sense having 4 dudes that can’t shoot 3’s in the same starting lineup. ing Pop and his system from the 90’s.

Starters:
    Murray, White, DeRozan, Carroll, Aldridge

Bench:
    Forbes, Walker, Johnson, Gay, Poeltl

Towel waiving crew:
    Mills, Belinelli, Quinndary, Lyles, Luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a trade!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl isnt the issue, and 3s arent either. Defense is and has been. Poetl is a plus on defense. DeMar being at the 3 and Forbes at the 2 is the real issue here. As well as playing terrible defensive players in Beli and Mills. Thinking making 3s was going to help us the last two games and moving forward is lack of basketball knowledge...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters:

Dejounte
    DeMar
    Trade Mills, Forbes, Beli for another 3 and D player
    Aldridge
    Poetl

Bench
    White/ Quinndary
    Walker
    Carroll/ Johnson
    Gay/ Luka
    Metu/ Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl isnt the issue, and 3s arent either. Defense is and has been. Poetl is a plus on defense. DeMar being at the 3 and Forbes at the 2 is the real issue here. As well as playing terrible defensive players in Beli and Mills. Thinking making 3s was going to help us the last two games and moving forward is lack of basketball knowledge...
    I think Carroll in for Poeltl and White in for Forbes would be my ideal go to here to solve this issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They only shot 13 3s last game and that’s not going to cut it but as they have to improve on so many things beginning with the coach and his rotations... From there on some players are underperforming, so one can’t draw conclusions.

If anything they have a lot to work on, and Pop needs to also look in the mirror and see what he’s having them run and such.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or start them together. Stagger their minutes throughout the game. Close with both of them.

Not everyone is Manu. White's doesn't have an ego, so in that regard he can handle being a 6th man but confidence wise it'll affect him.
    I don't see anything that makes me thinking Murray should start, at least at the beginning of the season. White not only earned his spot, he can also shoot when needed.

You can't play in the NBA without an ego. Manu had his, accepted reclutantly to be the 6th man because the team was winning, and there were actual superstars in the team. White is being demoted to make room for a player I like, but who hasn't played for a year. You can bet White's ego is beaten up.

the coaching staff know more than we do, obviously.
    Hope they are getting it right, but I have my doubts. What I do know is that it is extremely difficult to play both Murray and White together for significant minutes, the offensive limitations are evident. It might work for specific situations of small ball 5-out when the other three are killing it from 3 (probably never, with this roster).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters:

Dejounte
    DeMar
    Trade Mills, Forbes, Beli for another 3 and D player
    Aldridge
    Poetl

Bench
    White/ Quinndary
    Walker
    Carroll/ Johnson
    Gay/ Luka
    Metu/ Eubanks
    How to try to win games scoring 64 points per game....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has noticed for some time now that either the Spurs system or its players on this roster, or both, is not fitting in to compete for a championship. It makes me wonder if the players and coaches on this team, has also realized this possibility, and thus the "no-fire at ude" we have been noticing lately. In this past game, the team started out doing well, and then suddenly, Miami seemed to catch on and catch up. And that 3rd quarter start with Mills at the SG, perhaps as a scoring punch, seemed to backfire because Butler quickly saw the mismatch and took advantage of it and caught fire. Like some on this forum, I'm not trying my best to not to read too much into this because it's preseason, but if this current trend continues into the regular season, then yeah, it's going to be a looong, tough year. Let's cross our fingers, light up the candles, pray or whatever it takes, that this is just the preseason phase, but that tweet about Pop's concerns for the team's lack of compe iveness, does draw concern from us, the fanbase. Hmmm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Forbes is beyond dumb right now. He needs to stay and keep starting. Only Walker has a chance to take his spot. Not Murray or White. Those guys have a lot of work to do on the offensive end before they can make up for the poor spacing they provide.

The Spurs would have been better off adding a second and cash to Beli to hold onto Bertans. Maybe with three rotation-caliber PFs on the roster, Pop wouldn't think to start Poeltl. Though I hope he's only doing that yo spare LMA's body until the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY always with the truth bombs. The likes of Bryn, Marco, and Patty would be cut if they were on another team tbh. I swear pop loves his underwhelming pets. It's such a detriment to this team. Dude should hang it up. He can't evaluate talent for . I'm actually surprised a guy like lonnie is even on this roster, though, pop himself doesn't even know.
    If Lonnie, Murray and White can step up this year, I'd say the Bryn, Marco and Patty crew will be relegated to the bench. I just think the young guns aren't good enough...yet. I hope they get there. There's a chance all six of those guys wouldn't sniff the court on some other teams. I would be Pop wants Walker, Murray and White out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Forbes is beyond dumb right now. He needs to stay and keep starting. Only Walker has a chance to take his spot. Not Murray or White. Those guys have a lot of work to do on the offensive end before they can make up for the poor spacing they provide.

The Spurs would have been better off adding a second and cash to Beli to hold onto Bertans. Maybe with three rotation-caliber PFs on the roster, Pop wouldn't think to start Poeltl. Though I hope he's only doing that yo spare LMA's body until the regular season.
    Anyone who thinks trading Forbes (the best shooter on a team severely lacking for shooters) is a good idea is obviously just a player fan.

Forbes BAD. Walker GOOD!

DeMar BAD! White GOOD!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes zero sense having 4 dudes that can’t shoot 3’s in the same starting lineup. ing Pop and his system from the 90’s.

Starters:

Bench:

Towel waiving crew:
    Exactly this. It isn’t even debatable that these are the needed rotations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Starters:

Bench:

Towel waiving crew:
    Flopovich gon need at least 20 games before he figures this out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flopovich gon need at least 20 games before he figures this out
    and yet he will not use this rotation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't see Pop giving up on the 2 big lineup anytime soon and, if he does, I'm sure he'll find his way back to it. He can't let it go.

Thread Information