Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Easily the worst officiated game i've seen in a long time. Awful calls all night long favoring the Packers.
    i thought the lions got away with one of the kerryon fumble/no catch thing, but otherwise yeah, very heavy skew towards GB

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The no pass interference call was more impactful.

Thought those were reviewable this season/
    shoulda challenged it. they didnt. i dont think that was in the final 2 minutes, was it?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Coaches are starting to figure out that challenging pass interference is useless. The refs just aren't overturning them. It seems like they are taking the whole situation personally and digging in their heels.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Coaches are starting to figure out that challenging pass interference is useless. The refs just aren't overturning them. It seems like they are taking the whole situation personally and digging in their heels.
    the refs on the field dont even make the call anymore, the league office is involved in the decision making. and they're still ing it up. word is the VP of officiating, alberto riveron, a former ref, is just absurdly pro ref and hates the new pass interference replay rule, and as a result is very reluctant to overturn them.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-offic...eplay-process/

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    my understanding though is that PI reviews are held to an even higher standard, its has to be "clear and obvious" and only the most blatant like we saw in the rams/saints game. and to a degree, i get that because PI calls are often a judgment call. every play has some hand-fighting and jostling, but the refs throw the flag when the contact actually interfered with the receivers ability to make a play on the ball. but yeah im sure on a replay you can see a moment where the db's hand glanced off the receivers arm

but then the optics are terrible when they show the fan 5 different replays from different angles in slow motion and we see a call that might not meet the "clear and obvious" standard and they leave the call on the field.

- i think they just gotta expedite the process and have the guys from NY just buzz the refs on the field, instead of going through the drawn out 2-3 minute process on those calls. at least with respect to the PI stuff

- they need to scale back on every holding/hands to face penalty when the illegal maneuver didnt have any impact on a play. if the right tackle holds a guy for a split second when the running back is 10 yards down the field on the left side of the line, dont call it. the hold didnt have any impact on the outcome of the play, but the flag does.

- they gotta figure out what to do about "defenseless" receivers who are actively trying to catch a ball. defenders have to be able to try to break up the pass... but the league isn't allowing that when the receiver is trying to make a diving catch

- the roughing the passer stuff shouldnt be when a defenders palm lightly grazes the helmet of the qb. also the "landing with your body weight" thing is just horrendously enforced. this is the type of play where that should be called, not when a guy is just making a form tackle that results in some form of contact on the ground

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the ending of the MNF was just complete bogus, blatant and flagrant home cooking all the way

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Those hands to the face calls were tough. As bad as the refs have been this season those calls have to be hard live action, especially with that hand up around the neck and his head going back. I'd be pissed too if I was Lions fan, but it's hard for me to judge too much when I have multiple camera angles and they have line of sight.

I think they're numb by this point.

0 rings, 7,183 chokejobs, 155 games lost by the referees, a handful lost on a Hail Mary, Sanders and Megatron retiring in their prime, Turkeys of Turkey Day, etc

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    But seriously, on those critical late game 3rd down type plays, they really need to do like the old-school NBA (before the days of Elian Curry) and lean towards no-call, let the players play unless it is something blatant and obvious like the Tommy Lee Lewis play, but automatic first downs? Don't call something that can't be reviewed or challenged unless it's clear and obvious.

I wonder if the refs and league were pissed that Jamaal Williams took a knee instead of scoring, tbh, since the spread was Packers -3.5.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    or maybe it's just The Curse Of The Tie, tbh. Last handful of years the teams that suffered an early season tie ended up missing the playoffs, often by a game or so or the season simply spiraled out of control

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Refs were pretty bad last night. Hard to say how the game would have turned out, but the officiating definitely didn’t help the lions chances

specifically the two hands to the face calls. Those were real bad and game changers. I think the ref was ass hurt that he got yelled at after the first one and wanted to show the player who was boss on the second one tbh

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Me reading this thread: “Didn’t see the game, but I bet it was the Lions who got screwed as usual”

Watches highlights on YouTube: “ yep. Everytime”

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Refs were pretty bad last night. Hard to say how the game would have turned out, but the officiating definitely didn’t help the lions chances

specifically the two hands to the face calls. Those were real bad and game changers. I think the ref was ass hurt that he got yelled at after the first one and wanted to show the player who was boss on the second one tbh
    My TeamGreen Bay Packers

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    But seriously, on those critical late game 3rd down type plays, they really need to do like the old-school NBA (before the days of Elian Curry) and lean towards no-call, let the players play unless it is something blatant and obvious like the Tommy Lee Lewis play, but automatic first downs? Don't call something that can't be reviewed or challenged unless it's clear and obvious.

I wonder if the refs and league were pissed that Jamaal Williams took a knee instead of scoring, tbh, since the spread was Packers -3.5.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    My TeamGreen Bay Packers

Bad calls happen. Let’s say that second one isn’t called though. Packers kick a fg to take the lead. Lions have about 51 seconds to go down the field and get a fg with no timeouts. Maybe they do, but there is no guarantee they get that fg to win.

so not sure what is so hysterical about that statement tbh. I admitted the officiating was pretty poor and obviously effected their chances to win. To say they would have won for sure without those calls is kind of silly though

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Bad calls happen. Let’s say that second one isn’t called though. Packers kick a fg to take the lead. Lions have about 51 seconds to go down the field and get a fg with no timeouts. Maybe they do, but there is no guarantee they get that fg to win.

so not sure what is so hysterical about that statement tbh. I admitted the officiating was pretty poor and obviously effected their chances to win. To say they would have won for sure without those calls is kind of silly though
    how about the first one that was the same exact wrong call which extended a drive. would have been 4th and 10 from about midfield. score was 22-13. 3 plays later, packers touchdown. combine it with the second one which shaved any opportunity the lions would have had to march down for a field goal with a red hot kicker who had drilled 2 50+ yard kicks.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

yeah after watching the replay, I think that's exactly what happened. Ref had a smug look on his face like he found some cheap tactic that the guy was getting away with, except the commentator mentioned he had NEVER gotten called for that penalty. disgusting tbh.

benefactor is right, seems like refs these days are just out to find something on every play. like they get paid for every flag they throw.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yeah after watching the replay, I think that's exactly what happened. Ref had a smug look on his face like he found some cheap tactic that the guy was getting away with, except the commentator mentioned he had NEVER gotten called for that penalty. disgusting tbh.

benefactor is right, seems like refs these days are just out to find something on every play. like they get paid for every flag they throw.
    the refs have sucked rodgers' hard since '09

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/zach-brown-...232549897.html

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

Thread Information