Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the mod disabling the search function (sucky move IMO, though I am sure he had his reasons)... I don't feel like browsing endlessly to bump the Davis worship thread from seasons past.

Just saw this on twitter though, and the contrast with the Spurs current listlessness and apparent mindset was stark.

Despite his limitations, the spacing he provided was impactful. Carroll nor Lyles are that kind of shooter and Mills and Belli have size limitations and play different positions, thus the spacing is still different.

I wonder what mindset this team has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh his contribution wasnt all that great. He pops a surprise 3 every now and then. So what? It wasnt the reason we would win, but it would help extend the lead. Non factor, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the mod disabling the search function (sucky move IMO, though I am sure he had his reasons)... I don't feel like browsing endlessly to bump the Davis worship thread from seasons past.

Just saw this on twitter though, and the contrast with the Spurs current listlessness and apparent mindset was stark.

Despite his limitations, the spacing he provided was impactful. Carroll nor Lyles are that kind of shooter and Mills and Belli have size limitations and play different positions, thus the spacing is still different.

They didn't trade him to acquire either of them. They traded him to acquire Morris, who backed out after the trade. Try to at least keep up and follow what's going on. There are no do overs. If there were, they would have Carroll (Dantcy Cundexter replacement) and Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ We all know it was a result of the Renege # ... this is not about the renege. Plenty of other threads about that. It's about the current team and how that actual result, the team right now may have spacing issues.

Lyles still to play and it is preseason. Davis coming out with that fire was a stark contrast to the current team's lack of motivation too. It's just a sign of malaise or guys not fitting in well, or some of them not really sure of their role at this point perhaps. It's too early to say what's going on but the lack of true shooters is noticeable, thus Mills/Belli will play.

(no comments on Rudy tho, he may be coasting, it's preseason and he's got age.)

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The search feature is alive and well. I just did a search to be sure.

Everything else is pretty spot-on. People can argue that it's just preseason, but gimme a guy who's got some fire and wants to win every time he laces them up. If someone on this team doesn't step up to replace his missing 3P shooting, they may not make the playoffs. They were VERY short on 3P shooting last season. Losing that big of a chunk of their 3's is critical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The search feature is alive and well. I just did a search to be sure.

Everything else is pretty spot-on. People can argue that it's just preseason, but gimme a guy who's got some fire and wants to win every time he laces them up. If someone on this team doesn't step up to replace his missing 3P shooting, they may not make the playoffs. They were VERY short on 3P shooting last season. Losing that big of a chunk of their 3's is critical.
    Thanks for the reply... I tried to do a search perhaps a couple of months ago and it was disabled. Glad to know it's back. I usually don't like to create new threads if the topic is discussed elsewhere already, but without the search feature it was annoying to look for stuff around.

Glad to know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t rebound and can’t defend on a team full of others who can’t rebound and can’t defend. Good riddance

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even last years team didn’t shoot enough 3’s. I don’t know if this years team has enough quality 3 point shooters to even out Aldridge and Derozan’s 2’s unless they’re start shooting only 11-14 shots a game each.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the reply... I tried to do a search perhaps a couple of months ago and it was disabled. Glad to know it's back. I usually don't like to create new threads if the topic is discussed elsewhere already, but without the search feature it was annoying to look for stuff around.

Glad to know.

Well good for you! Seriously. Much better than having a half dozen threads on the same subject to contend with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis is a fighter and a survivor throughout his life, with where he came from, the lost of a finger, etc. It’s unfortunate that we lost him because he creates space and winning at ude. I think Lonnie needs to step up and hit them open 3’s while providing better one-on-one defense. Lonnie has the most to benefit from losing Davis, and necessary lost for our young player to blossom.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis is a fighter and a survivor throughout his life, with where he came from, the lost of a finger, etc. It’s unfortunate that we lost him because he creates space and winning at ude. I think Lonnie needs to step up and hit them open 3’s while providing better one-on-one defense. Lonnie has the most to benefit from losing Davis, and necessary lost for our young player to blossom.
    Walker provide better defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pointless thread is pointless.

They didn't trade him to acquire either of them. They traded him to acquire Morris, who backed out after the trade. Try to at least keep up and follow what's going on. There are no do overs. If there were, they would have Carroll (Dantcy Cundexter replacement) and Bertans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we have Carroll for 3 more years...lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OmG i had forgotten about that.
    Sure, people will say he's tradeable eventually... its the same with everyone on the roster, but how many of them will get traded? Not likely a single one, unless it's time to tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure they obliterated benches when him & Poeltl were on the floor together last season. But we needed defense & were right to trade, so we could sign Morris & got ed over big time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think losing Bertrans is a net loss. I still can’t believe they couldn’t atleast get a 2nd round pick swap for him. Another instance of front office malpractice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Losing Bertans is not a loss, he's a stiff, he's good for Wizards tanking!

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would rather have him over beli for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh his contribution wasnt all that great. He pops a surprise 3 every now and then. So what? It wasnt the reason we would win, but it would help extend the lead. Non factor, imo.
    He was more impactful than your boy Instagram Baller was sitting on his couch last season tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was more impactful than your boy Instagram Baller was sitting on his couch last season tbh.
    I dont understand... Your post makes zero sense when Dejounte isnt really "my boy". Im Spurs fan first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I honestly got so disgusted by that time that I didn't even look at Carrol's contract. Three more years, huh? Well isn't that special.

The Spurs have so many contracts that are upside down. And they just keep piling them on. Even a tank wouldn't help now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I honestly got so disgusted by that time that I didn't even look at Carrol's contract. Three more years, huh? Well isn't that special.

The Spurs have so many contracts that are upside down. And they just keep piling them on. Even a tank wouldn't help now.
    the only guy on the books in two summers is Carrol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis with 12 pts in 8min

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss him ... definitely would be better than Belli and Mills (yeah, wrong positions to compare but still) ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis with 12 pts in 8min
    against some chinese team tho

Thread Information