Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Father Masai' just signed Lowry for $31M and has zero assets to show for that trade now.
    I mean they did just win the le...

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Father Masai' just signed Lowry for $31M and has zero assets to show for that trade now.
    he literally sold out his future for the le, which will let him keep his job for at least 10 years. It was a great gamble on his part

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Messiah Ujiri gave Lowry that extension for 2 reasons. 1) To diffuse the potential for bad vibes at a time when the organization's Q rating it at an all-time high (thanks, Spurs) by temporarily quelling a perpetual malcontent, who was going to hold out until extended and if not, was going to attempt to engineer a trade to a contender. 2) This probably increases his trade value and they didn't tie up their '21 cap space, so the overall number is irrelevant.

He has a (contrived) championship, a far better young player than any of the Spurs ones, arguably better young talent overall and they're currently clearly a more well regarded organization than this archaic outfit.

This isn't comparable at all, but I knew you and your fellow apologists would attempt to spin it . . .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't a max extension quite a bit lower than a max contract though? Still, disgusting. DeRozan would have been so much more valuable in the 1990s when 18-foot shots were the norm and playoff chokers like Ewing and Malone were beloved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm gonna stop giving a about the Spurs if they sign this ing POS got.. can't take any more bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take a championship and not having to give Derozan a max extension tbh......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's available? What options do Spurs have? DePression asks for max and what is our alternative? Let him walk and have no Allstar (fringe)? LMA is getting up there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiots on ST have wanted to rebuild for years now. Never agreed with it, always thought it was stupid because I almost always felt like the Spurs were only a piece or two away from being back in contention.

But if the alternative is needlessly giving a career loser a max extension? Yeah, I'll take a ing rebuild. I trust PATFO to do more with a high draft pick than with this guy locked up long term on a max deal.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 year extension dumbass

Toronto has nothing to show for that trade? LOL Popsuckers know no bounds

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who's available? What options do Spurs have? DePression asks for max and what is our alternative? Let him walk and have no Allstar (fringe)? LMA is getting up there.
    Alex, I’ll have “Multiple Top 10 draft picks for an over paid outdated established choking net neutral player” for $800 please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't a max extension quite a bit lower than a max contract though? Still, disgusting. DeRozan would have been so much more valuable in the 1990s when 18-foot shots were the norm and playoff chokers like Ewing and Malone were beloved.
    This.
    DeRozan's Max with the Spurs as a FA would be a 180/5,right?
    A max extension is a 120/4 if i'm not mistaken (8% raise between years)?
    Anyone to verify those numbers?

Oh and btw,we knew this was a possibility and i still hate it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    dear god

rip spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idiots on ST have wanted to rebuild for years now. Never agreed with it, always thought it was stupid because I almost always felt like the Spurs were only a piece or two away from being back in contention.

But if the alternative is needlessly giving a career loser a max extension? Yeah, I'll take a ing rebuild. I trust PATFO to do more with a high draft pick than with this guy locked up long term on a max deal.
    i dont think letting derozan walk (or dumping him in a trade) is necessarily a "rebuild" move... the roster we have already has good young pieces that can work to occupy his role. rebuild usually implies blowing it all up, not slowly replacing one piece at a time.

i dont think the spurs have actively engaged in a rebuilding process since winning the 2014 chip, but patty is the only guy left from that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gross.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.
    DeRozan's Max with the Spurs as a FA would be a 180/5,right?
    A max extension is a 120/4 if i'm not mistaken (8% raise between years)?
    Anyone to verify those numbers?

Oh and btw,we knew this was a possibility and i still hate it.
    if true, the only silver lining to a max extension is that he'd have better trade value than an All-Star caliber player on a true max contract.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    any chance DeRozan gets very depressed again...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly I believe Demar is still a max player, I just don’t want my team with its young guards to give it to him. If he’s willing to give a discount, I would listen.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I'll take a championship and not having to give Derozan a max extension tbh......
    this

I don't know what the exstatic was thinking making that asinine post

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would a max extension have to be for the maximum number of years, and could the last year be a partial guarantee like LMA's?

It still sounds like a sandwich, but it might not be all that sloppy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Make sure you know what the actual cap will be before you sign anything RC (or RCs assistant-whoever is making the call).

The last thing you need is thinking you have re-signed DDR for $30M per in a $116M Salary Cap,just to end with DDR taking up 30% of your cap on a $100M Budget.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Make sure you know what the actual cap will be before you sign anything RC (or RCs assistant-whoever is making the call).

The last thing you need is thinking you have re-signed DDR for $30M per in a $116M Salary Cap,just to end with DDR taking up 30% of your cap on a $100M Budget.
    Oh man, this would be such a PATFO thing to do

Flashbacks of them outbidding themselves at 12:01am and giving out a loyalty contract to a Spanish llama that played here for a year and turned them down in the past.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this team

Kawhi is a genius if this is how the front office is

My god

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would a max extension have to be for the maximum number of years, and could the last year be a partial guarantee like LMA's?

It still sounds like a sandwich, but it might not be all that sloppy.
    Imagine justifying eating a sandwich.

Thread Information