Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was fun while it lasted, boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don’t want derozan to get the max contract then who’d you want to play for the spurs? Is there any superstars right now who’s interested to play for the spurs? Spurs has no choice..it’s either sign derozan for a extension or blew the team up and rebuild..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don’t want derozan to get the max contract then who’d you want to play for the spurs? Is there any superstars right now who’s interested to play for the spurs? Spurs has no choice..it’s either sign derozan for a extension or blew the team up and rebuild..
    Most people think they want that. When they get it, and they will eventually, they won't like it at all. There are no Tim Duncans or David Robinsons out there, ready to rescue the franchise. It will take half a decade (using Philly and their buttload of draft picks as a best case template) just to get back to where we are now: a playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people think they want that. When they get it, and they will eventually, they won't like it at all. There are no Tim Duncans or David Robinsons out there, ready to rescue the franchise. It will take half a decade (using Philly and their buttload of draft picks as a best case template) just to get back to where we are now: a playoff team.
    It will take half a decade to be a BORDERLINE playoff team? Because that's where the Spurs truly are. You're sugarcoating it. We could be that with DeMar's contract off the books and his capspace filled by others. The guy doesn't move the needle unless mediocrity has a needle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like how everyone is laughing at this like this is news..this was always going to happen. So quit acting surprised just so you can get another chance at saying "this FO is trash" The current roster construction already says that for you lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will take half a decade to be a BORDERLINE playoff team? Because that's where the Spurs truly are. You're sugarcoating it. We could be that with DeMar's contract off the books and his capspace filled by others. The guy doesn't move the needle unless mediocrity has a needle.
    In the West everyone looks like a boarderline playoff team. Without Demar this year, Spurs are DEFINITELY a lottery team. Depending on who you get and whether or not White, Lonnie, and Murray are ready to be boarderline superstars or not this team could look really bad really quickly especially since LMA, Derozan, and Gay were easily our best players last year... easily.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Puff, puff, pass. This team as currently constructed is not a playoff team. And even if they were to weasel their way in - it would be a 4-0 or 3-1 exit in the 1st round.

The only thing ths organization does well anymore is draft & develop. So trade Derozan for picks and do just that OR for some established 3 and D types.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is gay
    Better to just tank

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not talking about one move. I'm talking the posters who want to burn the damn thing to the ground.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What long term benefit happens with an 8th seed and 1st round exit? We just experienced it & the team didn’t get better in the offseason. Why would people want that to happen again? Because that’s where this is heading
    Last edited by Dennis the Menace; 10-10-2019 at 11:45 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the West everyone looks like a boarderline playoff team. Without Demar this year, Spurs are DEFINITELY a lottery team. Depending on who you get and whether or not White, Lonnie, and Murray are ready to be boarderline superstars or not this team could look really bad really quickly especially since LMA, Derozan, and Gay were easily our best players last year... easily.
    If DeMar's bloated contract is the difference between the lottery and barely making the playoffs, then I know what I would choose. At least there's hope in one scenario (be it false hope if that's what you think) unlike in the other scenario where you're paying some guy upwards of $25 mil a year who refuses to evolve his game and is known as a mental midget, perennial loser. Not only that but extending his contract when he's going to be on the wrong side of 30. Yeah let's extend him just to maybe, barely make the playoffs.

This team has no direction, no rhyme or reason as to how it's been constructed. Sure Kawhi ed things up but are they really going to try and save face by extending DeMar?

Oof at that bolded part. Dark times indeed.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he could only hit the three.
    If he could shoot the three with competency he'd be a no-brainer max player and Toronto wouldn't have wanted to salary dump him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DeMar's bloated contract is the difference between the lottery and barely making the playoffs, then I know what I would choose. At least there's hope in one scenario (be it false hope if that's what you think) unlike in the other scenario where you're paying some guy upwards of $25 mil a year who refuses to evolve his game and is known as a mental midget, perennial loser. Not only that but extending his contract when he's going to be on the wrong side of 30. Yeah let's extend him just to maybe, barely make the playoffs.

This team has no direction, no rhyme or reason as to how it's been constructed. Sure Kawhi ed things up but are they really going to try and save face by extending DeMar?

Oof at that bolded part. Dark times indeed.
    I agree the construction of this team is wonky and about a year or two behind where they want to be. Imo, vying for playoffs vs straight tanking makes our young players worse. Putting them in compe ive pressure and playoff games is the best way for them to grow and build confidence. I agree it's frustrating to watch every team get quicker younger more exciting while our team still plays like a early 2000's team but the intrigue of playoffs is still better than 2 losing seasons, imo. I admit if this year goes bad, it should be time to move on from the vets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As flawed as he is from what iv seen of DDR he always seems to want to add to his game.

He made it a goal last year to be a better play maker and now he is averaging the highest assists of his carreer while at the same time being a new face on a new team. That's fairly impressive tbh. Yes it was on a team that maybe needed more play making but still impressive given the cir stance.

While i'm not supper excited to Max him out there is the possibility that he does continue to steadily improve even at his age. Seems like he has worked on his shooting form this summer as iv seen multiple reports of a better jump shot and 3 point shot. Hopefully he surprises us all!

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's senile, dude needs to hang it up and go hang out in his basement and drink wine the rest of his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying PATFO's drafting is no better than the rest of the NBA's?

I like how the apologists dont give PATFO credit in one area to defend a terrible move in another area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah count me in as one that prefers a lottery team/rebuild than to ask career losers like LMA, Demar and Rudy to barely lead us to a playoff run while pretending they’re motivated to do so. At least the team would be expected to suck and maybe get some effort from younger, hungrier players. The team has to completely rebuild at some point anyway.

There’s likely never gonna be a Tim, Manu, Tony type of team again. So why settle for 3 Richard Jeffersons so this team could “save face”?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FFS. Hopefully there isn’t any truth to this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'd never get out from under a max deal on DDR. *Spur for life*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still disgusting, really hope the spurs dont do this
    Same. But I wouldn't mind if they sat down at some point & came to an agreement that the future is the young backcourt
    & DD accepted coming off the bench in the future, which I think is entirely possible & took a pretty substantial discount over waiting for free agency & getting a huge deal from a deal team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^DeRozan still is a losing player. His game will never translate into a le whether he's coming off the bench or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^DeRozan still is a losing player. His game will never translate into a le whether he's coming off the bench or not.
    He did turn Toronto into a playoff team. I wouldn’t call him a losing player, more a 1st or 2nd playoff round player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO and their apologists wanting to keep Derozan and his empty stats on a max deal when Murray and White already fit better for the team

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would much rather have Derozan opt out...then we make a run at Jaylen Brown...who i still think could be a great player and would be a much better fit next to white and muray than derozan is...

A future lineup of Murray...white or walker with the other coming off the bench...Bronw...Luka...and whoever at the 5...has some great potential...

With the stuff that has come up recently I think their is a 0% chance he is back in Boston...he doesn't seem to want to be there and Boston doesn't seem to want him...even though he is RFA I feel Brown camp is going to tell Boston not to match any deal and Boston won't match any deal for him...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    at anyone wanting to keep demar.

Thread Information