My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401163142

Westbrook took 11 three point shots in a preseason game, which is good news for fans of every team other than the Rockets. D'Antoni won't be able to reel him in and make him take good shots, just as his previous coaches haven't been able to, and with Harden having the ball in his hands so much, Westbrook will become more of a shooting guard who can't shoot. He's already lost a step in terms of pure athleticism, and I'm betting his contract and play will ultimately sink the Rockets.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'Antoni trading Marion for Shaq was when the Suns officially jumped the shark and led to him getting the axe. Similar mistake here?

For D'Antoni's system to work, he needs an elite pass first PG (who can also shoot threes), an elite athletic tall finisher in the paint, and a bunch of role players who are great 3 point shooters, play reasonably good defense and don't try to do too much else. Problem is, Harden is way too ball dominant. Pretty much proves that if the Suns had traded Marion and two 1sts for Kobe back in the day, that wouldn't have worked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook took 11 three point shots in a preseason game...
    ...and made 3 of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401163142

Westbrook took 11 three point shots in a preseason game, which is good news for fans of every team other than the Rockets. D'Antoni won't be able to reel him in and make him take good shots, just as his previous coaches haven't been able to, and with Harden having the ball in his hands so much, Westbrook will become more of a shooting guard who can't shoot. He's already lost a step in terms of pure athleticism, and I'm betting his contract and play will ultimately sink the Rockets.
    He's actually lost very little of his athleticism its his shooting which has surprisingly let him down the last few years when everyone figured it would be the opposite as he aged

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    westbrook would eat in Dantoni system. Him and Harden is a decent duo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's actually lost very little of his athleticism its his shooting which has surprisingly let him down the last few years when everyone figured it would be the opposite as he aged
    Why "surprisingly?" He's shot under 30% from three in 6 of his 11 seasons, including the last two. He has never shot 35% from three in a season. He's just a poor three point shooter who refuses to stop shooting them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    westbrook would eat in Dantoni system. Him and Harden is a decent duo.
    "Decent" is a pretty tepid compliment for a duo making $76 million this year, and $82 mil next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Decent" is a pretty tepid compliment for a duo making $76 million this year, and $82 mil next year.
    So what? DD and LMA will be making nearly that much next year if PATFO has anything to say about it, and they're not even top ten players, and won't even be a top 6 seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why "surprisingly?" He's shot under 30% from three in 6 of his 11 seasons, including the last two. He has never shot 35% from three in a season. He's just a poor three point shooter who refuses to stop shooting them.
    Nope. I mean he was mediocre before but his shot has really left him last couple of seasons. Everything from his 3s becoming even worse to his midrange shot right down to his free throw percentages being awful now even. He's aged and declined in the opposite way we all thought he would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. I mean he was mediocre before but his shot has really left him last couple of seasons. Everything from his 3s becoming even worse to his midrange shot right down to his free throw percentages being awful now even. He's aged and declined in the opposite way we all thought he would.
    Westbrook's 3pt%s the last five seasons:

29.9% (2015)
    29.6%
    34.3%
    29.8%
    29% (2019)

I don't see a "decline." I see a consistently mediocre shooter.

His 2pt%s the last five seasons:

45.7% (2015)
    50.3%
    45.9%
    48.5%
    48.1% (2019)
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-11-2019 at 12:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he's a beast. Just ask his followers here.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook's 3pt%s the last five seasons:

29.9% (2015)
    29.6%
    34.3%
    29.8%
    29% (2019)

I don't see a "decline." I see a consistently mediocre shooter.

His 2pt%s the last five seasons:

45.7% (2015)
    50.3%
    45.9%
    48.5%
    48.1% (2019)
    He could get away with 34 3FG 52 FG on good shot selection. But he's a low IQ player to say nothing of being the most vain player in the league. If he wasn't built that way, Durant would've stayed and he'd have two to three rings to his name.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ obviously stat padded his way to an MVP, but hes extremely underrated now.

Hes outplayed KD in about 60% of the thunder series. He was that good. Russ never really received the proper playoff recognition.

He was never a great a 3 Point shooter, but hes had to shoot most of his trippls off the dribble.

I suspect with Stat Padder Harden, handling the ball more....Russ going to shoot 34-36%. Thags respectable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ obviously stat padded his way to an MVP, but hes extremely underrated now.

Hes outplayed KD in about 60% of the thunder series. He was that good. Russ never really received the proper playoff recognition.

He was never a great a 3 Point shooter, but hes had to shoot most of his trippls off the dribble.

I suspect with Stat Padder Harden, handling the ball more....Russ going to shoot 34-36%. Thags respectable.
    Russ got the recognition via the MVP, but everyone knows it's a fugazi, so he doesn't get anything else. It doesn't matter how talented he is, or his work ethic. What matters is that he's in it for himself and basketball is a team sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westbrook's playoff career FG%, 2PT%, and 3PT% are all lower than his regular season career percentages, which means his generally bad shooting gets worse in the playoffs. His advanced stats in his last two playoffs series were by far the worst of his entire career, with huge negative numbers. His bad shot selection has been the #1 target of opposing coaches for two seasons now, and that strategy has been extremely effective. I'd say when Durant left him, it was for reasons that people disputed-- but when PG left him, almost every reasonable basketball mind thought, "well, yeah that makes sense..." because by then it was clear that he's his own worst enemy and is detrimental to a team winning a championship.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...westbru01.html

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes extremely underrated now.
    Dumb ing player fan.

Thread Information