Post Count
    Well boys we got our first dub of the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be infuriating watching Patty Mills on this team cause everything he does Forbes does it bigger stronger faster better and cheaper...

Spurs only team in the league who have two players who do the same thing...one being young and cheap...but they actually keep the older more expensive and less productive player around and force feed him minutes...

Any other team in the league...after the way Forbes played last season would have traded patty mills as soon as free agency started...
    but who would buy players coffee after the game?

Mills (and Gasol last year) is the prime example of psuedo culture guys. Sure they will pat teammates on the back and boost the team morale in the locker room. But like DPG said in another thread, their play on the court will suck the life out of the team. It’s disheartening when guys like Murray and White have to play outstanding defense since Patty will give it right back to the other team with his red carpet defense.

Funny thing too is the apologist that keep saying his contract isn’t that bad compared to what other players demand. But Mills is legitimately unplayable in this league for what he’s being paid to do. Who gives a if he dominated in FIBA when guys like Luis scola went off over there too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but who would buy players coffee after the game?

Mills (and Gasol last year) is the prime example of psuedo culture guys. Sure they will pat teammates on the back and boost the team morale in the locker room. But like DPG said in another thread, their play on the court will suck the life out of the team. It’s disheartening when guys like Murray and White have to play outstanding defense since Patty will give it right back to the other team with his red carpet defense.

Funny thing too is the apologist that keep saying his contract isn’t that bad compared to what other players demand. But Mills is legitimately unplayable in this league for what he’s being paid to do. Who gives a if he dominated in FIBA when guys like Luis scola went off over there too.
    You have to note the context in which the contracts were given out also. When Mills signed his contract after the 2017 season, he was the best backup PG in the league & TP regressed faster than expected following his good play in the 2017 postseason (in large part because of his torn quad) forcing Mills to play more starter minutes. Mills defence has fallen off a cliff since & made him unplayable - making the contract look worse in hindsight. At the same time, after starting Dedmon for the second half of the 2017 season, they realised he wasn't going to be effective in any sort of postseason capacity because he could never get his fouling under control (way too jumpy). Pau opted out so they could chase CP3 & they rewarded him with a ridiculous contract as they weren't going to sign any decent free agents anyway. He regressed further & both loyalty contracts look worse, but at the end of the day, they weren't getting anyone else anyway. I actually think wasting roster spots on Cunningham & Pondexter last season was worse, because they could've taken a flyer on a couple of G-Leaguers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be infuriating watching Patty Mills on this team cause everything he does Forbes does it bigger stronger faster better and cheaper...

Spurs only team in the league who have two players who do the same thing...one being young and cheap...but they actually keep the older more expensive and less productive player around and force feed him minutes...

Any other team in the league...after the way Forbes played last season would have traded patty mills as soon as free agency started...
    But Forbes doesn't buy coffee for the Team. 2 years from now we gon say the same about DeRozan and Walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In case anyone missed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gon be funny to see how people react when Pop let's Forbes walk after the season but keeps Mills for 13 Million per year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gon be funny to see how people react when Pop let's Forbes walk after the season but keeps Mills for 13 Million per year
    Sure like to know if new assistant Timmy Duncan has any (much?) input on roster. I can't imagine Tim is a Mills slurper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure like to know if new assistant Timmy Duncan has any (much?) input on roster. I can't imagine Tim is a Mills slurper.
    I think Tim and Tony Parker are the two guys that originally wanted the Spurs to keep Mills around. Not sure if his opinion has changed, but I think they were two of his biggest proponents for him staying around when they were playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Tim and Tony Parker are the two guys that originally wanted the Spurs to keep Mills around. Not sure if his opinion has changed, but I think they were two of his biggest proponents for him staying around when they were playing.
    Tim Duncan retired June 2016
    Patty Mills signed 50 Million 4 years in June 2017

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free admission would be great if they had put the arena downtown. Is it worth the gas to drive out there?

Thread Information