Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans freed the slaves. Democrats started the KKK to enforce their policies. Guess what ANTIFA does?
    And guess what?? I cant wait till trump ends up in jail and gets his pushed in. Yall mother ers talking about antifa the right the left KKK republicans democrats spreading misinformation. FAKE NEWS!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LMAO at thinking the Republican party of back then is the same Republican party of today.

https://www.history.com/topics/us-po...arty#section_5

Learn something for a change you Liberal Hack..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_a7dQXilCo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The republican party isn't the same as the one that freed black people (not that they should get credit for doing what they were supposed to do). During the late 1960's and early 1970's, the parties realigned and the racists dixiecrats joined the Republican party in droves after Nixon appealed to them.

This is something that the GOP has admitted to and apologies for as recently as 2004. Spurs Padre is right tbh and at siding with Chris
    That guy could stare at a clock and still be wrong about the time.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Prager "University"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The republican party isn't the same as the one that freed black people (not that they should get credit for doing what they were supposed to do). During the late 1960's and early 1970's, the parties realigned and the racists dixiecrats joined the Republican party in droves after Nixon appealed to them.

This is something that the GOP has admitted to and apologies for as recently as 2004. Spurs Padre is right tbh and at siding with Chris
    That guy could stare at a clock and still be wrong about the time.
    Talking sense to Trumper smoothbrains is hardly worth the effort. If they weren't congenitally stupid, they would never have fallen in love with a fat orange clown in the first place, much less continue to dribble out of their mouths supporting him. It's a lost cause.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like talking to a Hillary Supporter or even worse a Robert Francis supporter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A Conservative telling a Liberal to learn something.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Talking sense to Trumper smoothbrains is hardly worth the effort. If they weren't congenitally stupid, they would never have fallen in love with a fat orange clown in the first place, much less continue to dribble out of their mouths supporting him. It's a lost cause.
    Wonder what you're going to do with yourself come 2020 cause it's going to happen again. Shoot yourself while you got a chance...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow Americans feel better qualified to talk about domestic issues than civil disputes in foreign countries.

WOW!
    True.

But also, if you are an active supporter of freedom and democracy, you support freedom and democratic values and principles everywhere. In America, in China, everywhere.

If you don't talk about human rights violations and lack of democracy in China just because that will affect economic interests of the NBA then you're a greedy coward.

LeBron James didn't say a word about China issues because his almost billion contract with Nike but Pop??? I'm very disappointed. I expected a lot more from a freedom/democracy defender like him.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 10-15-2019 at 11:24 AM.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone needs to JFK this already.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone needs to JFK this already.

You want somebody to give him a blowjob while he drives drunk over a bridge? Wait... wrong Kennedy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would play in Nazi Germany if they paid enough

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This story is only going to get worse for LeBron and NBA it’s not going to go away and will only get worse for them.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still @ the faux outrage expressed on all the Chinese hardware.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to get ugly if a media member has the juevos to ask Pop if he agrees with LeBron. What Pop and Kerr did was deflect because they were scared to answer a question about China. What LeBron did was provide propaganda for the Chinese government to justify their crackdown of dissidents in Hong Kong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree somewhat, but people with iPhones, while part of the problem, are not making billions off the backs of that government like the NBA/Players are and don’t have the platform either.

I believe that Pop and Lebron are good people and I’m proud that league/business takes strong moral stands. Its just disappointing that when this was thrust into the light it was handled so weakly.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you too can no longer criticize Trump and America since you own american made products.

What a re ed ing logic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree somewhat, but people with iPhones, while part of the problem, are not making billions off the backs of that government like the NBA/Players are and don’t have the platform either.

I believe that Pop and Lebron are good people and I’m proud that league/business takes strong moral stands. Its just disappointing that when this was thrust into the light it was handled so weakly.
    It's not the products they make in China. We can tariff that stuff and make it at home. It's the good we sell to the market. The NBA isn't benefiting from buying nice I phones for the players. The league is benefiting from the revenue it generates due to its popularity in China. If the league was not getting that money, it would be hurting. The same with Disney and other corporations. It isn't the good that are bought from China that allows China to stymie free speech even on our soil, it is the profits from selling good to the Chinese market. So the joe schmo that has an I-Phone is not contributing to the problem. In fact, they are providing a job for a lowly Chinese worker. It's the fact that Disney has to run its scripts by China so it can ensure it does not offend them and ensure that they can sell their movies in China and get the extra revenue. That is the problematic behavior. I phones are just smokescreen arguments.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry, our standard of living is in no small part due to our exploitation of the Chinese people. It's hilarious that anyone here is trying to call anyone else a hypocrite.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you too can no longer criticize Trump and America since you own american made products.

What a re ed ing logic
    what would be my criticism of Trump's suppression of free speech when it comes to public demonstrations and freedom of speech? Be specific.

You won't.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's not the products they make in China. We can tariff that stuff and make it at home. It's the good we sell to the market. The NBA isn't benefiting from buying nice I phones for the players. The league is benefiting from the revenue it generates due to its popularity in China. If the league was not getting that money, it would be hurting. The same with Disney and other corporations. It isn't the good that are bought from China that allows China to stymie free speech even on our soil, it is the profits from selling good to the Chinese market. So the joe schmo that has an I-Phone is not contributing to the problem. In fact, they are providing a job for a lowly Chinese worker. It's the fact that Disney has to run its scripts by China so it can ensure it does not offend them and ensure that they can sell their movies in China and get the extra revenue. That is the problematic behavior. I phones are just smokescreen arguments.
    If you couldn't get cheap from China, you would be hurting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, our standard of living is in no small part due to our exploitation of the Chinese people. It's hilarious that anyone here is trying to call anyone else a hypocrite.
    Again, that is a major false equivalence in my eyes. It’s one thing to live, but another to make extraordinary profit. And even if you think it’s equal, that is also you admitting the NBA/Players stance is hypocritical.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Again, that is a major false equivalence in my eyes. It’s one thing to live, but another to make extraordinary profit. And even if you think it’s equal, that is also you admitting the NBA/Players stance is hypocritical.
    I think everyone is protecting his interest, and it all comes down to money. They just have more of it and direct contracts that produce it. You and I are just as hypocritical -- the rest is just a weird class and/or race warfare whipped cream topping.

Thread Information