My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...g-14521122.php

“My mind is not on that at all,” Murray said after practice Monday. “Obviously, I want to be here for as long as I can, but those are things I can’t control. What I can control is getting better, learning and being a great person, being Dejounte Murray.

“If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t. My main goal is to help this team get to the playoffs and do big things.”

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray has been saying all the right things in interviews. Now it's a matter of what he says on the floor. The regular season can't get here soon enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope his game backs up his talk bc the dude seems like a born leader. I would love for him to be the new face of the franchise. Also as a bonus, if he plays near all star level then maybe the Spurs won’t feel as pressured to extend DeRozan for the max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope his game backs up his talk bc the dude seems like a born leader. I would love for him to be the new face of the franchise. Also as a bonus, if he plays near all star level then maybe the Spurs won’t feel as pressured to extend DeRozan for the max.
    Let's not expect too much the first few weeks. By All-star break he should start looking pretty good. That is my expectation at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gon be a sad day when Dejounte has to walk cause Pop rather wants to keep Bryn Forbes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gon be a sad day when Dejounte has to walk cause Pop rather wants to keep Bryn Forbes
    Mills’ contract would be to blame before Forbes’ honestly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Poeltl isn't extended.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God I hope they don't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should absolutely extend Poeltl. For cheap though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should absolutely extend Poeltl. For cheap though
    Pop will not use him as a bench big. Also, he just kills the spacing. Not good for a team that doubles down on 2pt shooters.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will not use him as a bench big. Also, he just kills the spacing. Not good for a team that doubles down on 2pt shooters.
    I agree 1000%. I’m fine with an extension if he’s Aldridge’s backup. He can’t start. This isn’t 1996. Carroll should be the stretch 4, imho

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I agree 1000%. I’m fine with an extension if he’s Aldridge’s backup. He can’t start. This isn’t 1996. Carroll should be the stretch 4, imho
    As if everybody already forgot how good Poeltl played in the Playoffs. He was by far the best Defender on the Team and brought his A game in the series. He is one of the main reasons the game even got to 7 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop will have a heart attack when trump is re-elected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte will be extended obviously. Poodle is more of a TBD imo. I hope he continues to improve this season. He improved considerably from the beginning of last season to the end and played well for us in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro you are always spot on with this ! Pop is so ing outdated. Once Tim & Leonard left, he became quite exposed. Maybe even sooner than KL leaving though... Getting outcoached my Rivers & Billy Donavan. He just stopped caring after 2014. I don't understand why he's still here if he has no passion for coaching, and the whole "it's just basketball" thing is so infuriating. You think becky has that same mindset? That's why all his assistants bolt when they get the chance. This dude does not take this thing seriously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte will be extended obviously. Poodle is more of a TBD imo. I hope he continues to improve this season. He improved considerably from the beginning of last season to the end and played well for us in the playoffs.
    They'll offer him an extension, based on what he's shown in NBA action, so far, but with last season a washout, he'll likely decline, and go into RFA next summer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be ok if it was like 5-8mil a year.. past that... naw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect both to be RFA next summer.

Thread Information