Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/donald-trump-chastises-little-boy-steve-kerr-gregg-popovich-over-nb-as-china-flap-214434724.html

by Jason Owens

Yahoo Sports

It was only a matter of time.

President Donald Trump used the NBA’s ongoing China controversy to attack two of his biggest critics in the sports world on Wednesday, calling out Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr and San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich.
    Trump, taking questions from media in the White House’s Roosevelt room after signing an executive order on transparency in federal guidance and enforcement, brought up the two coaches while discussing relations with China.
    He was asked about whether he thinks China is wrong to pressure the NBA over Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey’s tweet supporting Hong Kong protesters in their conflict with China’s government.
    He took the opportunity to immediately lay into Kerr.

‘He was like a little boy’

“I watch this guy Steve Kerr, and he was like a little boy,” Trump said. “He was so scared to be even answering the question. He couldn’t answer the question, he was shaking. He didn’t know how to answer the question. He’ll talk about the United States very badly.”
    He then set his sights on Popovich, but with a lighter touch.
    “I watched Popovich, sort of the same thing,” Trump said. “But he didn’t look quite as scared, actually. But they talk badly about the United States. But when the talk’s about China, they don’t want to say anything bad. I thought it was pretty sad, actually.”

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    “Little Boy” Kerr

Poopab1tch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a time to be alive tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He indirectly called Pop a little boy too. Orange man just ed with the wrong guy. Go get him Pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's not wrong. They pander to the far-left and communist China.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's not wrong. They pander to the far-left and communist China.
    He is wrong. He associates criticism of his bull far-right, fascist policies as hating the country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is wrong. He associates criticism of his bull far-right, fascist policies as hating the country.
    college freshman level discourse

”far right”

”fascist”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is right to call out Kerr. The dude was a scared . He literally couldn’t even come up with a bs pc quote. I have nothing to say

Pop atleast said something indirectly by supporting Silver’s take on free speech. But America has been China’s for decades now so to pretend that Kerr and Pop are the only 2 whose balls shrivel up when forced to start a confrontation with China is disingenuous.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop/Kerr show more respect to totalitarian regime then their own government and before you get your panties in bunch, I don’t support Trump or Obama when he was in office. I leave that for you sheeple who think it makes a difference who sits in that chair.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a stupid ing le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    college freshman level discourse

”far right”

”fascist”

Ah, a Trump supporter. Yeah, I wouldn't expect you people to understand anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, a Trump supporter. Yeah, I wouldn't expect you people to understand anything.
    cant wait to vote for him again tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump reportedly promised China he would not support the Hong Kong protesters if China would, eventually, allow Trump to save some face in his losing trade war (which Trump needs to extricate himself from before the election).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr, pop, and the nba all pander and bow to China. So how was trump wrong exactly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why hasn’t the president come out against China

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cant wait to vote for him again tbh
    You're pathetic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr, pop, and the nba all pander and bow to China. So how was trump wrong exactly?
    Pop and Kerr just don't want to set up Silver and all the people working in the NBA. This is how adult responsible people behave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and Kerr just don't want to set up Silver and all the people working in the NBA. This is how adult responsible people behave.
    Right and just because they are liberals who hate Trump doesn't mean they hate the country much like not all Trump supporters are bigots and mentally-impaired hillbillies (though that belief is much harder to disprove).
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 10-10-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry your girl lost....maybe try again in 5 years.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As usual trump is a little sensitive .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, they have no problem speaking out about all the injustice in this world but but but... they do not dare step on communist China's little toes.

Right and just because they are liberals who hate Trump doesn't mean they hate the country much like not all Trump supporters are bigots and mentally-impaired hillbillies (though that belief is much harder to disprove).
    i never claimed they hate the USA but they are whipping boys of SJW's and this bull PC era we're in rn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As usual trump is a little sensitive .
    as usual so are those who oppose him.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He indirectly called Pop a little boy too. Orange man just ed with the wrong guy. Go get him Pop!

That's just wrong. Pop is not a little boy. He may be a washed-up, crater-faced, hypcritical old wino... but he's not a little boy. Trump should take back that inference.

You ignorant . You knew what would happen when you started this thread, and now you're getting pissed that it's happening. You just like getting all wound up and y.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Willingness to sacrifice individual interests for the country - this is called patriotism, I believe.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah, they have no problem speaking out about all the injustice in this world but but but... they do not dare step on communist China's little toes.
    They definitely could. But what's next? Silver will be ed in the ass by the communists, the whole NBA will be ed too. They would hurt so many people in the industry.
    So it's different. When they call out Trump or hypotetical injustice somewhere in the world, they risk their own ass and nobody else is hurt.

Thread Information