Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing DeRozan to a max extension when this team has to scrape to make the post season and isn't even a favorite to make it out of the first round anytime soon is a dumb move. I'd rather take my chances with keeping my core young players and signing skilled role players around them than I would maxing DeRozan, just so I can play 5 or six post season games.

Dumb.

Pop's going to squash his legacy going that route, because I'm not sure this group even can make the playoffs. He'd be better off taking a young group through a minor rebuild, and making some noise with a group of fresh faces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Pop starts Poeltl throughout the season there is no hope. We all know what the line ups should be, but it will take a losing streak or Tim Duncan convincing him to make some changes before we see him adjust

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is done, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is done, tbh.
    the classical pop is done, same song every year during the last 10 years... one day the song will turn out to be true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I can see is that at the start of the season, the Starting lineup will be: Murray, Forbes, DeRozan, LMA & JP25. But as this team will struggle with scoring & even with defense, I can see Pop's Mad Scientist mind at work to experiment with different line-ups to see what works best. I agree with most that RG22 needs to start at the 4 & LMA at the 5, & I'm sure that with some team matchups, we will see this starting lineup. Gay will give this team, a scoring punch, either from the perimeter or in the paint mismatches. I'm concerned about him staying healthy, though. I guess that's why Lyles & Carroll are there, but this team will monitor RG22's minutes. We'll see... GSG!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the classical pop is done, same song every year during the last 10 years... one day the song will turn out to be true
    I've never said it 'till now, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing not mentioned up to now is lack of leadership.

Aldridge and Derozan are not natural leaders.

Of the young guns, only Murray and maybe Forbes show leadership potential (Walker and White look dubious at best).

Lack of leadership on the squad was one of the main reasons TD was brought in as a coach (my take, at least).

Murray and Forbes may continue in the starting lineup, in part, because of the leadership factor.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im glad that finally some of u has opened eyes and see in how bad situation spurs are. #rebuild

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im glad that finally some of u has opened eyes and see in how bad situation spurs are. #rebuild
    What do you think we have been doing since Kawhi left? We were lucky to have a year of contention after Tim left...then Kawhi decided to out.

Spurs aren't the type of team to tank for the lottery (barring a season of catastrophic injuries). They will rebuild on the fly and hope for the best, and the formula has proven itself over the last 30-years or so.

Granted, I don't agree with maxing DeRozan at this point...but so far, this is what a Spurs rebuild looks like.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    pop is done... but will also be a contender for CotY due catching the media's attention by keeping this roster afloat. they can overachieve in the RS but flame out in the POs.

and unfortunately, that baseline of success will keep pop set in his ways... it's exactly what has transpired since last season.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    it was reported the spurs had interest in porzingis last season... they should've found a way to pull the trigger.

should've moved demar and la last year, acquire KP, miss POs/acquire a better draft pick.

spurs could've come into this season with a healthy murray, KP, and whatever they could've gotten for demar and la / their better draft pick.

too much risk aversion by this team.

demar and la aren't getting any younger...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was reported the spurs had interest in porzingis last season... they should've found a way to pull the trigger.

should've moved demar and la last year, acquire KP, miss POs/acquire a better draft pick.

spurs could've come into this season with a healthy murray, KP, and whatever they could've gotten for demar and la / their better draft pick.

I agree with that trade but let some posters on here tell Murray is pure garbage.

too much risk aversion by this team.

demar and la aren't getting any younger...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if we look at the playoff teams from last year...OKC out and LAL in...

Does GSW make it? If so then is it between Spurs and Sacramento for 8th? If GSW cannot make it which I don't believe they will, Spurs are fine. I still think they are fine

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This may finally be the year...

That we miss the playoffs?

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Samanic needs to start at sf or pf or get a lot of minutes

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is just not as strict and ambitious as he once was. So the team full of loyalty contracts and leaders like De Rozan and Aldridge just lacks motivation and compe iveness each and every game, especially comparing with young teams. Remember that year after Ray Allen's 3 and the next year's first-round loss. Same players, different team
    No better example if this than game 7 last year. I don't know how any Spurs fan that watched that uninspired play could get excited about bringing back, essentially, the same group of players.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season is about seeing the young guys and finding out what we have in them.

DeRozan is only good enough to keep a team with a second B-level all-star at .500. He's not worth big money. We can't extend him.

If we have a bunch of nothings in the young guys, so be it, but we know DeRozan isnt much of a difference maker in terms of post-season winning potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No better example if this than game 7 last year. I don't know how any Spurs fan that watched that uninspired play could get excited about bringing back, essentially, the same group of players.
    But Dejounte Murray! He's going to have a breakout year! He's an All NBA Defensive player...blah blah blah This team lacks character and cohesiveness. They are a bunch of individuals linked together by fading connections of seasons' past. They're all gone. ing sad. No Tim, Manu, Kawhi, Parker, Bowen, Horry, Diaw..

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think we have been doing since Kawhi left? We were lucky to have a year of contention after Tim left...then Kawhi decided to out.

Spurs aren't the type of team to tank for the lottery (barring a season of catastrophic injuries). They will rebuild on the fly and hope for the best, and the formula has proven itself over the last 30-years or so.

Granted, I don't agree with maxing DeRozan at this point...but so far, this is what a Spurs rebuild looks like.
    u should put pressure on PATFO to make a better moves. First they should have been criticized after a terrible kawhi trade and an absence during the offseason. Second of all it worked over the last 30yrs only because we had two first round picks in timmy and david + a great “cheap” support in tony, manu, bowen, horry etc. Now we have nothing and i guarantee u that it is not going to work.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "pressure"

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u really dont think that fans dont have any impact on organization? its enough to f.e not buying tickets, shirts and start posting on social media about bad situation. The more fans do that the better chances are. Just stop supporting and stop saying that everything is great bc 2months ago most of u were saying that spurs are contender or pop should stay XD u r funny guys

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    u really dont think that fans dont have any impact on organization? its enough to f.e not buying tickets, shirts and start posting on social media about bad situation. The more fans do that the better chances are. Just stop supporting and stop saying that everything is great bc 2months ago most of u were saying that spurs are contender or pop should stay XD u r funny guys
    Who said the Spurs are contenders?

You said most of us. Give examples.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be worse. Imagine extending LMA, Murray, and DeRozan then being a middle of the pack lottery team. I still have hope for the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will find out what kind of season it will be by mid December. If after 26 regular season games the Spurs are 10-16. Start looking to trade the vets and go younger. These team doesn't seem to be motivated. And obviously popovich doesn't care enough anymore about winning games. Time to step down and give the keys to Becky and stay president. Go young and see what happens with. Team might lose more games but they will be fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our head coach might be done but he’ll be back in the NBA finals again. Guaranteed

Thread Information