Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think pop’s pride is getting in the way here and not wanting to admit failure WRT the kawhitter situation by trading away DeRozan.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said the Spurs are contenders?

You said most of us. Give examples.
    probably u werent following all posts about pop, trades etc on this forum. Read and u will see. Over 70% readers was against to fire pop. Lots of posts about how great murray and white will be. Ofc maybe they will but
    not in this season. Spurs roster looks ing poor compering to another teams - no present no future. The best time to rebuild was when kawhi wanted to leave and PATFO should take young players to maximize chances of having an all star player(s) in a near future. Now we aint even have any assets to make a good trade with anyone. The only way i see is tanking for top picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Advanced stats show that DeRozan and Forbes both had very average On Court numbers (+0.2 and -0.2) and the worst Off Court numbers among players with significant minutes (+4.9 and +4.30). Basketball Reference's #s are slightly different than 82games.com's, but both agree that DeRozan and Forbes have issues with regard to on floor impact. They should both, in theory, be bench players. For both players over the course of the entire season, the offense and defense were slightly better when they were off the floor. It's a pretty damning statement/statistic that a 48 win team consistently played slightly better when their #1 and #3 leaders in minutes per game were off the floor. In the playoffs, DeRozan's negative impact was dramatically amplified, with an astounding -25.8 on/off court number, by far the worst on the team, and one of the worst among all starters in the entire playoffs. For the Spurs to come withing one minute of beating the Nuggets in a seven game series with their minutes leader having numbers that bad really says a lot...

http://www.82games.com/1819/1819SAS.HTM
    https://www.basketball-reference.com.../SAS/2019.html
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 10-12-2019 at 11:46 AM.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u dont need this stats to see how bad ddr is

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u dont need this stats to see how bad ddr is
    Ok this dude takes his team to the playoffs every year. He's not Kawhi but who else is. Most of y'all would rather have Bradley Beal but he can't even get his team to the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok this dude takes his team to the playoffs every year. He's not Kawhi but who else is. Most of y'all would rather have Bradley Beal but he can't even get his team to the playoffs.
    WTF are you Smoking? Aldridge got this Team into the Playoffs by himself, not DeFrozan. And on the Raptors he had Lowry. Put him with Wall on the Wizards and he's lottery bound

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF are you Smoking? Aldridge got this Team into the Playoffs by himself, not DeFrozan. And on the Raptors he had Lowry. Put him with Wall on the Wizards and he's lottery bound
    Yeah ok Derozan was always the best player on those Raptors teams let's see if Lowry takes that team the 2nd round. Yeah Aldridge is the best player on the team by far yet y'all send the whole season calling that man a bum/scrub but want to praise him to to downplay Derozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it’s preseason and people already ing.... omfg you guys will never learn.... bump this thread midway after all star game then we can see where we are at.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven’t been watching, but soft card in the preseason and Lonnie not getting minutes is indeed worrisome. And Purrtl should be with a guy who can run PnR like White, for sure. Totally agreed on swapping Purrtl and Gay. So many pieces to fit together in lineups with this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay sucks.
    Who knew?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another thing not mentioned up to now is lack of leadership.

Aldridge and Derozan are not natural leaders.

Of the young guns, only Murray and maybe Forbes show leadership potential (Walker and White look dubious at best).

Lack of leadership on the squad was one of the main reasons TD was brought in as a coach (my take, at least).

Murray and Forbes may continue in the starting lineup, in part, because of the leadership factor.
    Forbes a leader? He hangs his head after every missed shot... GTFOH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah ok Derozan was always the best player on those Raptors teams let's see if Lowry takes that team the 2nd round. Yeah Aldridge is the best player on the team by far yet y'all send the whole season calling that man a bum/scrub but want to praise him to to downplay Derozan.
    I never said that about Aldridge. Spurs won 47 games with him, added DeRozan and won 48. LA is clearly still the best player on the team and this is the West not the East. Making the Playoffs in the East is a cakewalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Spurs got the injury bug after the trade happen. Had some roster imbalance and injuries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes a leader? He hangs his head after every missed shot... GTFOH
    You're right, he'll get plenty of chances to hang his head.

(He's a starter, you know.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Lowry was always the best player on those Raptors teams and they were generally at their best with him + their 2nd unit.

DeRozan is the most overrated player in the league to casuals because he looks/stylistically plays the part of a stereotypical star, replete with the counting stats to fool them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it’s preseason and people already ing.... omfg you guys will never learn.... bump this thread midway after all star game then we can see where we are at.
    You seriously think this team is taking a leap when just about every western conference team got better? We added back one young guy (Murray) who still can't shoot into a lineup that can't shoot. Whoop-dee- in'-doo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Lowry was always the best player on those Raptors teams and they were generally at their best with him + their 2nd unit.

DeRozan is the most overrated player in the league to casuals because he looks/stylistically plays the part of a stereotypical star, replete with the counting stats to fool them.
    Don't bother. These guys will eat any sandwich PATFO serves up. I guarantee though that if you go back to when Gay and DD were Raptors and LMA was Portland's best player that their tune about these guys was very different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't bother. These guys will eat any sandwich PATFO serves up. I guarantee though that if you go back to when Gay and DD were Raptors and LMA was Portland's best player that their tune about these guys was very different.
    All I remember about LMA in Portland is Splitter doing a number on him defensively back in the 2014 playoffs. Good times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I remember about LMA in Portland is Splitter doing a number on him defensively back in the 2014 playoffs. Good times.
    You don't remember him/them repeatedly killing the Spurs while the genius regularly tried to have big wings defend him (as if he were Nowitzki)? It took him a while to figure out that Splitter was the obvious match-up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early to know what the real deal is. We won’t have a solid snapshot to really analyze until 15-20 games into the regular season. Pour a drink and chill until we have more information. That said, I’m in the camp that wants to see Lonnie get minutes. It’s fun to root for potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early to know what the real deal is. We won’t have a solid snapshot to really analyze until 15-20 games into the regular season. Pour a drink and chill until we have more information. That said, I’m in the camp that wants to see Lonnie get minutes. It’s fun to root for potential.
    No doubt, but when you just know that Mills and Belinelli are going to steal his minutes then it's hard to get excited for Lonnie too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you continuously call Aldridge a bum but that dude ted on the Spurs plenty of times he got shut down by Splitter after killing Dwight a 3x defensive player of the year. I won't argue to hard on DeRozan because he is what he is. If the Spurs had 2011 Gay on that 2010-2011 Spurs I guarantee they make the finals that year. Rudy Gay would have been a way better player if drafted by the Spurs. To sit here and say he is talentless is far from he truth.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said that about Aldridge. Spurs won 47 games with him, added DeRozan and won 48. LA is clearly still the best player on the team and this is the West not the East. Making the Playoffs in the East is a cakewalk
    Fair point but all you hear on this forum from a lot of people is like "Oh dedmon is better than Aldridge" Like I said I could take or leave Derozan but Aldridge is a great player and the amount of disrespect he gets on here is crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you continuously call Aldridge a bum but that dude ted on the Spurs plenty of times he got shut down by Splitter after killing Dwight a 3x defensive player of the year. I won't argue to hard on DeRozan because he is what he is. If the Spurs had 2011 Gay on that 2010-2011 Spurs I guarantee they make the finals that year. Rudy Gay would have been a way better player if drafted by the Spurs. To sit here and say he is talentless is far from he truth.
    I don't call Aldridge a bum. His game is ugly as though, and is a ty fit next to DD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair point but all you hear on this forum from a lot of people is like "Oh dedmon is better than Aldridge" Like I said I could take or leave Derozan but Aldridge is a great player and the amount of disrespect he gets on here is crazy.
    Literally no one has ever said Dedmon is better than Aldridge. Please gtfoh with that.

Thread Information