Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally no one has ever said Dedmon is better than Aldridge. Please gtfoh with that.
    bull !!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't bother. These guys will eat any sandwich PATFO serves up. I guarantee though that if you go back to when Gay and DD were Raptors and LMA was Portland's best player that their tune about these guys was very different.
    I think it was funny when some said Demar was an upgrade over kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote someone. I'll wait.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote someone. I'll wait.
    It maybe wasn't said but it was definitely implied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It maybe wasn't said but it was definitely implied.
    No it wasn't. Wishing Dedmon was kept over the corpse of Gasol is not the same as claiming he's better than LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it wasn't. Wishing Dedmon was kept over the corpse of Gasol is not the same as claiming he's better than LMA.
    Essentially what was said. No one said keep Dedmon over LMA but some on here gotta stretch things for their agenda.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Essentially what was said. No one said keep Dedmon over LMA but some on here gotta stretch things for their agenda.
    So y'all don't say LMA is a scrub who's so bad he ran off Kawhi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So y'all don't say LMA is a scrub who's so bad he ran off Kawhi?
    wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think the starting unit is going to need someone who can shoot from the outside and fight for boards. Gay in SL is great idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When do they hand out the NBA Preseason Championship Trophy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. It’s frustrating for sure.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we that bad? I rarely watch preason games, tbh....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not worried about any of it except the possible DeRozan extension.

He is ing garbage and doesn't fit next to White/Murray who should be the focal points for the next few years.

I haven't disliked a Spur this much since RJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He is ing garbage and doesn't fit next to White/Murray who should be the focal points for the next few years.

B-but 20/6/6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without any injuries, will be tough to make the playoffs. If the team really starts to gel then a 7th seed finish becomes a real possibility. The west has more parody this year. Will be a tough season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the starting unit needs Aldridge playing center and Poeltl coming off the bench. Doesn't matter who you start at the 4, Gay or Carroll.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+ 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one can never tell with preseason games but there are some bad signs in regards to what appears to be any consistent offensive punch. that and the west is brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember us playing straight Garbo in the preseason of 2014. I recall thinking we were done then, having attended the game against Phoenix (which was relatively compe ive). As a precursor to the next year where we did lose to a Euro-League team, we barely beat CSKA Moscow. Basically, preseasons indicate nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think the starting unit is going to need someone who can shoot from the outside and fight for boards. Gay in SL is great idea.
    Prefer Carroll tbh, higher volume 3pt shooter that doesn't need the ball as much, better defender. Keeps Gay off the bench as a 6th or 7th man.

Surprised that pop hasn't started Carroll from jump, he makes more sense than Jakob in the SL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prefer Carroll tbh, higher volume 3pt shooter that doesn't need the ball as much, better defender. Keeps Gay off the bench as a 6th or 7th man.

Surprised that pop hasn't started Carroll from jump, he makes more sense than Jakob in the SL.
    Both Gay and Carroll make more sense than starting Poeltl. Poeltl just messes the spacing up. This comes down to the senile headcoach still insisting on starting 2 bigs when he's supposed to go small. I guess he thinks it doesn't matter much cause at the 6 min mark he gon sub in Gay and the team plays small from then on for the rest of the half. Maybe he just wants to establish LA early and give him the missmatch for the first 6 min of every half. I still think the Spurs should play with 1 big all the time, but Pop seems to think otherwise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think i'll wait until the first game of the season to make comments on our starting lineups and rotations because that's when we'll know for certain.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've been over this ad nauseam, but no matter how you slice it, the roster doesn't make sense. Instead of beating their heads against the wall and trying to slog their way to another uninspiring, high 40s win, 1 and done in the playoffs, season, they need to grow a pair of balls and change it in a significant way.

It doesn't even have to be re-building, it could be three-way trades where DeRozan goes to a team like the Pistons or Thunder and they end up with Hayward or Paul. Whatever, just do something to make sense of the roster.

Both Gay and Carroll make more sense than starting Poeltl. Poeltl just messes the spacing up. This comes down to the senile headcoach still insisting on starting 2 bigs when he's supposed to go small. I guess he thinks it doesn't matter much cause at the 6 min mark he gon sub in Gay and the team plays small from then on for the rest of the half. Maybe he just wants to establish LA early and give him the missmatch for the first 6 min of every half. I still think the Spurs should play with 1 big all the time, but Pop seems to think otherwise
    Not to shoot the messenger, but for a team with as little margin for error as this one, throwing roughly 12 mpg in the garbage does matter.

That doesn't make any sense. Whether Aldridge starts as the nominal "PF" or not, the opposition is going to defend him with their best post defender.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeRozan isn't a total piece of like Jefferson was. He's just a really really really bad fit who could probably be an above average starter on a lot of other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to shoot the messenger, but for a team with as little margin for error as this one, throwing roughly 12 mpg in the garbage does matter.

That doesn't make any sense. Whether Aldridge starts as the nominal "PF" or not, the opposition is going to defend him with their best post defender.
    Sure, I was just trying to wrap my head around why this senile grandpa thinks Poeltl has to start

Thread Information