My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-sta...pen-scrimmage/

All 19 players on the roster played tonight so there was an opportunity to get a closer look at each player. Not the highest level of play, obviously, but the players were taking the scrimmage seriously for the most part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be nice to see that play against an opponent but its yet to be seen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like pop is running with that starting 5. Murray 3/3 from down town.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's shooting was encouraging. Also liked White getting his game back.

Players that I liked the least:
    --Derozan, his lack of shooting is problematic.
    --Belli shooting every time he was passed the ball to and missing so much to boot.
    --Rudy looks slower and less athletic than last season. As I said elsewhere, he is probably coasting, but it was worth mentioning.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 10-11-2019 at 09:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    + Murray knocking down 3-3 treys
    + White doing team oriented bit of everything

- Patty smug chucking with his spot and minutes seemingly all locked up.
    - Belli Bryant chucking while Walker etc get spot minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice writeup. Overall the teams seems to be coming together and jelling. Very intriguing team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka does a lot of standing around during plays and often looks timid. This is probably why he gets little minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka does a lot of standing around during plays and often looks timid. This is probably why he gets little minutes
    He's got a lot of good tools, and those probably were enough to get him along in the Euro-leagues.

He obviously still has a lot to learn about playing the game at the NBA level, though. I foresee a lot of time in Austin.

Fortunately I live near Cedar Park, so it gives me a good reason to go check out some of the Austin Spurs games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write up. I just want to see the defense improve more than anything. Yeah I guess 3 pt shooting is important but if you can’t stop anyone, then we’ll never have a chance of outscoring anyone.

with white and Murray together I think we could have a pretty good defensive backcourt.
    Last edited by TDomination; 10-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With that said, I simply don’t understand why Derozan does not add 3 pt shooting to his game. It’s dumb at this point. You figured the coaches would demand it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With that said, I simply don’t understand why Derozan does not add 3 pt shooting to his game. It’s dumb at this point. You figured the coaches would demand it.
    The dude is set in his routine by now. Hes no longer moldable. He practiced his 3 but goes back to his comfort zone of midrange when push comes to shove. Makes zero sense to max him out.

I rather max out Brown from Boston than DeRozan. Hes young enough where he can still learn but old enough not to be scared in the playoffs. I dont think Boston can afford him either since they maxed out Gordon and Kemba and will soon max out that Duke guy for some reason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if Belli and Wombat being guaranteed spots in the rotation wasn't infuriating enough, they made the scrimmage about themselves instead of letting the young guys showcase themselves. Kind of ruined it for me.

Gay is coasting, imo. DeRozan looks like the same old loser. IB looks like he's been putting in work, not going to lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing the improvement in form on Murray’s 3. Hope it’s for real, Spurs need another reliable 3 pointer shooter badly. If it is real this may Chip’s greatest achievement of all times.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu looked okay in this scrimmage but like a guy who had never played basketball before against the heat so i don't know how he ever gets any playing time unless every big we have gets hurt and trey lyles uncle tells him to tell the spurs his quad hurts to bad to play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if Belli and Wombat being guaranteed spots in the rotation wasn't infuriating enough, they made the scrimmage about themselves instead of letting the young guys showcase themselves. Kind of ruined it for me.

Gay is coasting, imo. DeRozan looks like the same old loser. IB looks like he's been putting in work, not going to lie.
    We don't agree on much, especially when it comes to Murray and White, but you're right about Belli and 50 Mill$ and their play last night. They weren't "over themselves" and yet Pop lets it slide for them. That is very frustrating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't agree on much, especially when it comes to Murray and White, but you're right about Belli and 50 Mill$ and their play last night. They weren't "over themselves" and yet Pop lets it slide for them. That is very frustrating.
    and it’s hypocritical. But who’s going to tell him something, RC? Maybe Duncan can knock some sense into Pop. If there’s anyone Pop would listen to it would be Timmy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude is set in his routine by now. Hes no longer moldable. He practiced his 3 but goes back to his comfort zone of midrange when push comes to shove. Makes zero sense to max him out.

I rather max out Brown from Boston than DeRozan. Hes young enough where he can still learn but old enough not to be scared in the playoffs. I dont think Boston can afford him either since they maxed out Gordon and Kemba and will soon max out that Duke guy for some reason
    Exactly man. If we are going to use max money, I’d seriously rather just get someone younger that can be a 3 and D type player. Even if they weren’t outstanding they may fit into our team better. But maxing out an aging SG who plays little D and has no 3pt game is just dumb. Take the loss Spurs, yes we lost Kawhi for nothing but don’t make 2 mistakes. Come back from the first mistake and make this team good again with young talent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is pathetic and the organization is even more so for so much as considering extending him, let alone at the max. While Murray and even Aldridge showed a willingness to space to and let fly from 3 during this, he still refuses to do it.

You think he'd at least pretend for a few weeks until he's sucked these idiots into said extension before reverting. It just shows that he's not serious about winning.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the write up TimVP.
    As many here feel, I dont see what value Derozan brings. He skipped out on Team USA to "get ready for the season". Does he not realize he would score 3 to 6 pts extra a game if he makes just 2 threes a game. He would be almost a 27,28 pts a game scorer and be a all star with a little defensive effort. Sorry, I dont see a max player in today's game. He a 6th man mascarading as a star.
    Also, what's wrong with Lonnie...what happened to the Summer hype?

Thread Information