Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when trump re s wanted athletes to " shut up and dribble!!!!! "? Now you want them to speak up? Pick a in lane.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Try to look beyond the basic political rhetoric of the day.

Trump is who he is, a politician who will try to use the situation to his benefit, someone with a limited vocabulary but with a great political appeal because he stood up against most "political correctness" B.S that was starting to annoy people of all kinds, in all environments. This is again a very specific case that enhances and highlights his appeal, even he is himself will also look like a jerk while using the situation.

The main takeaway for most people is that now there is an entire industry in the U.S which panders, and promotes, worthless "virtue signalling". In fact, while it is often beneficial to join the trend, disagreeing with the niche trend of the day might hurt one career's prospects. If one dares being skeptical of Greta Thunberg's act, or explain that not all outcome differences are due to racism, etc., you are at risk of being labeled a racist, sexist, etc. A lot of sport stars have joined the trend, supposedly as good activists, but really only because it is beneficial to their brand.

Well, the China situation has flipped the entire conversation. What the people of Hong-Kong are fighting for are the most basic democratic rights of any society, and it only takes about 5 minutes to become educated about the main facts. These specific rights (freedom of speech, of assembly, separation of powers) are the main reason that a few societies have prospered around the world while others are poor and underdeveloped.

It looks incredibly poor when one stands up for "third bathrooms" while being quiet on the most fundamental democratic rights.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Remember when trump re s wanted athletes to " shut up and dribble!!!!! "? Now you want them to speak up? Pick a in lane.
    self-serv·ing
    /ˈˌself ˈsərviNG/
    adjective
    having concern for one's own welfare and interests before those of others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Age progression picture of what Popped would look like if he would shut his en led mouth up, stop dating Patty Mills and put a days work in for a change:

Thread Information