Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do most American police officers support or vote Republican?

http://www.startribune.com/minneapol...tes/561806382/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQec9TrITAs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most are racist gun loving trash. So that's why

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    that was good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sup boutons

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    This is the case in most nations in History. Conservatives tend to highly prioritize order. And order is usually upheld by law (and/or religion)

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because conservatives like obedience, authority, order, control, etc. Myself on the other hand prefer freedom, free will, and self-reliance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same reason unions generally vote for Democrats, they find a receptive audience for their needs there.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Iirc it started around the Vietnam War era because cops hated all of the protesting hippy . Prior to that cops were staunchly Democrat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tandem makes sense, boutons is more Hyde than Jeckyll.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same reason unions generally vote for Democrats, they find a receptive audience for their needs there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Officers see the stark reality the naive left don't want to admit even exists. While the left is keeping safe in heavily policed districts or on heavily policed school campuses, the officers are tasked with constantly being in front of the worst part of society - the part the left, within their gated communities and sheltered existence, pretends is underrepresented and suppressed. So officers no doubt feel the futility of risking their life day after day to protect folks that hate them for naive reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol DMC saving purple prose for right wing civil service heroes against the venal, decadent, ungrateful, leftish haute bougeoisie.

You'd think we didn't have thousands of other foundations and non-profit civil society orgs on the front lines of overlooked social ills as well, no nurses and doctors, no EMTs and trauma docs and helpful bystanders.

It is true that the work of cops requires them to handle and process homeless people and often crazy people, it is a stark reality, cops are neither well trained nor well equipped for it. Perhaps they shouldn't have to do so much of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Officers see the stark reality the naive left don't want to admit even exists. While the left is keeping safe in heavily policed districts or on heavily policed school campuses, the officers are tasked with constantly being in front of the worst part of society - the part the left, within their gated communities and sheltered existence, pretends is underrepresented and suppressed. So officers no doubt feel the futility of risking their life day after day to protect folks that hate them for naive reasons.
    Oh now it's the left that lives in gated communities and sheltered existence.

Or it could be as simple as cops love muh 2nd amendment and muh guns

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iirc it started around the Vietnam War era because cops hated all of the protesting hippy . Prior to that cops were staunchly Democrat.
    prior to Civil Rights the Democrats were more conservative and the Republicans were more liberal. I think Lyndon Johnson shook it all upside down. He was supposedly another Texas Dixiecrat but turned out to be left of center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol DMC saving purple prose for right wing civil service heroes against the venal, decadent, ungrateful, leftish haute bougeoisie.

You'd think we didn't have thousands of other foundations and non-profit civil society orgs on the front lines of overlooked social ills as well, no nurses and doctors, no EMTs and trauma docs and helpful bystanders.

It is true that the work of cops requires them to handle and process homeless people and often crazy people, it is a stark reality, cops are neither well trained nor well equipped for it. Perhaps they shouldn't have to do so much of it.
    DMC is stuck on the left (evil) vs right (good) paradigm. People like that are usually too far gone tbh...

A lot of cops are a bunch of thugs and useful idiots doing the work of private prisons and elite billionaires that DMC claims to hate. What he doesn't realize is that Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin.

Oh now it's the left that lives in gated communities and sheltered existence.

Or it could be as simple as cops love muh 2nd amendment and muh guns
    Yeah as if Republican politicians don't do the bidding of elite corporations and Zionists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much. Also many police officers are Christian which the Left hates.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs are the party of white male supremacy aka racists, so it's the natural party of cops

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't blame Christisniy. The left hates Republican politicians and Zionist s trying to shove down their religious beliefs down our throats. Otherwise people are free to believe what they want but none of this forced patriotism and Christianity BS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't blame Christisniy. The left hates Republican politicians and Zionist s trying to shove down their religious beliefs down our throats. Otherwise people are free to believe what they want but none of this forced patriotism and Christianity BS.
    There is no "forced Christianity".

(see: First Amendment)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah because the Left loves the evil Muslims and the evil atheists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol bull . Christians force their way into society and politics all over the place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey I think Chuck Woolery tweeted something hurry Chris!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is romantic to a point, but the actual stark reality is that big cities, who largely vote blue, see or have seen the largest swaths of crime (NY, LA, Chicago[ding]). They're neither gated communities, or isolated from crime. LEO still voted/votes red.

Let's also not forget that as much as they vote republican, they also love to have their police unions.

Again, there's just simpler reasons for this, much like evangelicals voting red. They just have a place in the party table, whereas they do not in the other party.
    Last edited by ElNono; 10-12-2019 at 02:16 PM. Reason: typo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course there is. What does the 1st amendment has to do with abortion? It doesn't.

Thread Information