San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So AOC isn't a liberal?
    liberals = a liberal

so where aoc lives is where liberals, generally, live

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get your point about inner cities. Cops vote republican because they are grounded in reality because they face reality. Liberals typically do not face reality, but instead try to shout down and shut down anything they disagree with. They want to pretend to be the opposite gender, or no gender. They want others to be forced to acknowledge their fantasy as being real.

What's notable about these types of discussions is that the center left is being presented as the left, but the far left is the actual voice of the party. Someone who is close to center can often vote different party, so if a democratic voter became a cop, they might see things that makes them more interested in supporting more historically conservative ideals. Unlike the left, the right's voice is typically closer to center.
    I don't get your gated communities comment. That's what I was pointing out. Heck, come here to LA, the gated communities like in OC, etc, are all generally republican voters. Down in the city, there's none of that, and at times, crime has been rampant (same applies to NY, Philadephia, or Chicago, or any large metro area), and they still largely vote blue.

The notion that democrat voters see an alternate reality from cops is pure fantasy, backed by nothing. We all live in the same world and reality, some people just feel the solution to it is X and other people think it's Y. Then parties go ahead and cater to X or Y, and people make their decision.

This is no different than seeing obscenely rich people (ie: Kochs/Adelson vs Soros/Steyer) that likely do live in a very different reality from your average american, yet still find ways to associate with red or blue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure AOC doesn't live in the Ghetto. Pretty sure the majority of these diaper rash kids at liberal universities weren't raised in Harlem.
    Harlem is a democrat/leftie bastion. Those don't count?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ghetto isn't notorious for being liberal. There's a difference between voting democrat and being a liberal. Try walking through the ghetto, Philo, let me know how liberal they are.
    What's your definition of liberal? I would say the fact that they shun any kind of religious bull and/or marriage/family, is fairly liberal. At least, far away from conservatism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cmon everyone knows the street kids raised in Harlem end up at conservative universities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously, there's likely very big differences between the ghetto and the hipster. Those differences are everywhere, like the ignoramus redneck and oilco CEO on the other side.

Yet, I don't think any of those people see or live in any alternate reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get your gated communities comment. That's what I was pointing out. Heck, come here to LA, the gated communities like in OC, etc, are all generally republican voters. Down in the city, there's none of that, and at times, crime has been rampant (same applies to NY, Philadephia, or Chicago, or any large metro area), and they still largely vote blue.

The notion that democrat voters see an alternate reality from cops is pure fantasy, backed by nothing. We all live in the same world and reality, some people just feel the solution to it is X and other people think it's Y. Then parties go ahead and cater to X or Y, and people make their decision.

This is no different than seeing obscenely rich people (ie: Kochs/Adelson vs Soros/Steyer) that likely do live in a very different reality from your average american, yet still find ways to associate with red or blue.
    How often do you respond to domestic violence calls or have to approach a stolen vehicle in the middle of the night after pulling it over? We don't all see the same reality, we like to think we do. How many of your friends and co-workers have been killed on the job?

Wealthy people often live in secured areas, be they liberal or conservative. College campuses are often rife with liberals, not democrats, but liberals. These people have a sheltered existence for the most part, and have been raised in that environment. The low income areas you speak of are often more likely to vote center left than extreme left, so I wouldn't call their views "liberal",

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What elite billionaires do I claim to hate? I'll wait.
    Oh, you love them? Damn that makes it worst. I thought you were better than that.

I meant the people you accuse of living in their gated mansions. That's who your gorillas w guns and a badge work for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't morph dem with liberal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, you love them? Damn that makes it worst. I thought you were better than that.

I meant the people you accuse of living in their gated mansions. That's who your gorillas w guns and a badge work for.

You claim I hate someone, I say "show me" and your response is "oh so you love them?"

I don't hate anyone for living well. I just don't think the white liberals who put AOC in office represent the urban blacks who would chose a more center left candidate like Biden or Hillary.

Stick to your ty woke YT vids, since you hate transexuals so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    liberals = a liberal

so where aoc lives is where liberals, generally, live
    Where do liberals generally live?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cmon everyone knows the street kids raised in Harlem end up at conservative universities
    Only when they are off duty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How often do you respond to domestic violence calls or have to approach a stolen vehicle in the middle of the night after pulling it over? We don't all see the same reality, we like to think we do. How many of your friends and co-workers have been killed on the job?

Wealthy people often live in secured areas, be they liberal or conservative. College campuses are often rife with liberals, not democrats, but liberals. These people have a sheltered existence for the most part, and have been raised in that environment. The low income areas you speak of are often more likely to vote center left than extreme left, so I wouldn't call their views "liberal",
    What a bunch of nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do liberals generally live?
    According to you, in gated communities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a bunch of nothing
    You could lecture on how cops need the 2A to carry a firearm off duty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh oh semantic DMC going to work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to you, in gated communities
    neat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You could lecture on how cops need the 2A to carry a firearm off duty.
    DMC needed that one bad. He's rather cling to that than stick to the thread topic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's lol to the rest of us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's the nature of the environment where they work. I think we can agree that most of these people also don't bring home what they see at work.

You go to Venezuela, and you'll get not just cops, but your neighbor or school teacher mowed down. Are they any less liberal? no.

This correlation you're trying to make with harsher living conditions and conservatism doesn't exist. One could argue the exact opposite just as easily. Heck, the world outside the US is by any measure largely liberal (compared to the US anyways), and they don't enjoy neither the security nor the justice system the US have.

I also noticed the union comment went largely untouched. I don't pretend that you answer/counter it, but, again, another good example that this is much simpler. It's less about ideals or experience, and much more about what's utilitarian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    morph them? how so? would you call them conservatives? even independents? I think we're having a disconnect here. Who are the liberals you're pointing fingers to? only the rich white, college educated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    morph them? how so? would you call them conservatives? even independents? I think we're having a disconnect here. Who are the liberals you're pointing fingers to? only the rich white, college educated?
    the bad people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's your definition of liberal? I would say the fact that they shun any kind of religious bull and/or marriage/family, is fairly liberal. At least, far away from conservatism.
    I accept the Wiki description of Liberal.

Blacks are notoriously religious. Many in the democratic party are religious, and family oriented, and marriage oriented. This is why I don't consider these people to be liberals.

How many non-gay black men do you know who support feminism? How about supporting the rights of LGBQTs?

People call blacks "liberal" for the sake of argument, to count their numbers, but culturally and socially they are mostly not liberal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would call them democrats, not conservatives, not independents. Would Bernie voters who refused to vote for Hillary be considered other than Democrats?

Well as per the LA Times article I referenced.

"The most liberal flank of the Democratic Party is far whiter than it used to be, and decidedly to the left of many of the party’s blacks and other racial minorities on a wide range of issues. Zach Goldberg (no relation), a PhD candidate at the University of Georgia, wrote a comprehensive survey of the phenomenon for Tablet magazine in June in a piece led “America’s White Saviors.” He notes that black and Asian liberals are more sympathetic to restrictive immigration policies than their white counterparts. And both black and Latino liberals tend to be more supportive of Israel and less supportive of the iden y politics agenda around sexuality and gender."

Thread Information