Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Enemy of the FCC and AMA Dr. John R. Brinkley's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put it another way, everyone is getting fixated on DJ versus White sharing the court together or not, but I think the bigger issue is LMA and DD not being able to share the court together. They both play so individualistically, I think they should be split up.

DD can either shoot more 3s (which he seems to be making, but disinterested in taking) or move to 6th man and feast on the backups and run the offense through him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting lineup needs defense bad. DJ, White, Carrol, Lyles, LMA. Seems reasonable to me, then let the second come in to get points. Minutes would be staggered, but some changes beed to be made.
    DDR off the bench would be great. Not for his ego of course but it’d be great for the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put it another way, everyone is getting fixated on DJ versus White sharing the court together or not, but I think the bigger issue is LMA and DD not being able to share the court together. They both play so individualistically, I think they should be split up.

DD can either shoot more 3s (which he seems to be making, but disinterested in taking) or move to 6th man and feast on the backups and run the offense through him.
    i seriously wish you could just get into pops brain and make him truly consider this. DDR and LMA are just 2 players that should not be on the court together if their main thing is midrange. DDR can actually pretty dangerous if he came off the bench and played against the other teams bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i seriously wish you could just get into pops brain and make him truly consider this. DDR and LMA are just 2 players that should not be on the court together if their main thing is midrange. DDR can actually pretty dangerous if he came off the bench and played against the other teams bench
    A true 3 and D like Carroll would really make a big difference instead of Demar. And you’re right. Demar could feast on other teams’ 2nd unit and even act as the primary ball handler instead of White who can now move in the starting over Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would require big balls from Pop to move Demar in the 2nd unit. A starting lineup of Murray, White, Carroll, Lyles, Aldridge. Demar actsnas the primary facilitator in 2nd unit with Forbes, Beli(Walker), Gay and Poeltl. Not bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously it’s not likely they’re going to move DD to the second unit, but I think another potential benefit is that if he starts the game against scrubs and gets his scoring going he might be much more engaged in the game which would be helpful in the fourth quarter, because like Manu he could still close games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is not going to like it at all being in contract year. It would put a big dent of what little value in his stock. But if he agrees, it would be a perfect scenario and Spurs could sign him extended years playing 6th man. It’s a pipe dream but should solve the situation playing Manu’s role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically, it would hurt his perceived value. But there’s a small chance that it could make him appear to be more of a team player and less of a lonewolf offensive player who can’t adapt. A lot of this could depend on who his agent is, and how objective they are about the situation and his dwindling market value.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR off the bench would be great. Not for his ego of course but it’d be great for the team
    Even better if they put his desk in the basement.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0 % chance of Derozan coming off the bench...LMA will actually pass the ball to someone cutting to the basket before that happens

Thread Information